Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Can't fault his work-rate. Unfortunately, work-rate alome does'nt win you games and theres something definitely lacking in his game this season.

From a youngster who was shredding defenders left right and centre last year, to a temperamental, lacking in confidence and apparent ability, there has to be contributing factors. Whether that be the tactics employed by the manager or the fact that the majority of defenders have got the measure of him and just stand off a yard, who can say. Funny thing is, last year one or two people were saying that we might be in danger of burning him out and, for me, there may be something in that as well. Then again, it may just be a mixture of all those things and he will just have to play through it.

Be a shame if he does slip by the way because there is a player there.

both wingers have not had enough balls played to them under AMcL. it is about tactics. both warnock and hutton can not pass (esp. hutton) or do a 1-2 pass (walker was special in this) and centre halves just kicking the ball blindly up to the field (esp. collins). our central midfielders are playing mainly through the centre (it seems so for me, but i can be wrong) or losing the ball. i remember well the stats under MON revealing around 40% balls played through channel where a.young was plying. this is now over because of tactical inept managing our players.

both wingers have not had enough balls played to them under AMcL. it is about tactics. both warnock and hutton can not pass (esp. hutton) or do a 1-2 pass (walker was special in this) and centre halves just kicking the ball blindly up to the field (esp. collins). our central midfielders are playing mainly through the centre (it seems so for me, but i can be wrong) or losing the ball. i remember well the stats under MON revealing around 40% balls played through channel where a.young was plying. this is now over because of tactical inept managing our players.

Well if it's a choice of playing out wide to Albrighton or playing it through the middle to Ireland, I know which one I'd prefer.

He was terrible again. the sooner he is replaced the better. woeful is all i have to say about him. Johnson or graham should be given a chance.

We have two terrible wingers.

I'll blame Mcleish for signing nzogbia and not getting the best out of him and for deciding albrighton is good enough.

I agree, the positions we got in today, it was criminal of how they wasted them. No way in hell would there have been an Ashley, or even a Downing for that matter in those areas and not gotten a goal, an assist or even a testing of the keeper. Putrid stuff.

Another below par performance again today. I think he was lucky not to be subbed instead of N'Zog again this week.

I can't agree that with the earlier comment that we have 2 terrible wingers. N'Zog demonstrated last season he has enough quality to play in the Premiership although I suspect Albrighton is likely to struggle at this level.

Shame really, last year he looked really good. Took players on and had a great delivery on him. Where has all that gone?

Been found out, no trick, no top end pace but a decent cross. Get tight, put him under physical pressure and show him on to his left. He is still game and tries to be an old fashioned winger but he lacks the physical element required.

I really wish his shot that hit of the bar went in, not just for the team it for Marc's confidence! Hopefully he'll get his confidence back soon, he's not the type to give up though!

Albrighton needed dragging today for weiman not zoggy! He is quickly showing he is out of his depth! No trick, pace or crossing ability why does he get a starting position? I started this thread a while back and he has got worse since then and more fans are beginning to realise this.

Â