Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

I think the vast majority of punters, players and kids in the street couldn't give two hoots who manufactures a kit.

What does it matter ?

I wouldn't even know who half my favourite Villa kits were made by come to think of it. It's of such little significance

I don't care who makes it, I care what it looks like.

However, one usually leads to the other. Nike make nice kits, like them or not.

Macron, on the whole, do not. I hope we're pleasantly surprised by what we get.

The kit could be made by Fuckheads Design Ltd for all I care, as long as it looks nice.

the comment about the shirt , his weight and the skin tight kit spurz had at the time was one i heard from his very lips on one of the sky sports football shows, whether he was joking or not i dont know but he said it

as i say though it is not villa or macron related.

Le Tissier didn't move because he was a lazy **** who didn't want anything more from the game then to coast by at a small club where he'd never get any grief as he was the only half-decent player there, a fan favourite and (as such) untouchable by any of the management/hierarchy.

But try telling a Southampton fan that. Dave Jones gave a talk in Basingstoke a few years back when his autobiography came out, there was about 20 people or so there and a few were Saints fans. The subject of Le Tissier came up at one point, and it was quite entertaining to watch the mood of the few supporters there visibly shift when Jones said that Le Tissier "could have played for any club he wanted to, if he just wasn't so bloody lazy".

He had everything he wanted. He wanted to be a professional footballer, he wanted to play for his supported team, Southampton. He wanted an England cap as bonus, and got it. He was an honest bloke that was happy where he was and had no ambitions to get to the top. Honestly, people go ape shit at the "mercenaries" these days and then call him a small time idiot. Baffling.

As someone else has said though, this thread is about our kit, so back on topic I think....

Well we are getting less money so it would seem there is little for anyone to be happy about on this deal.

Doesn't suprise me the Kit Suppliers and Sponsors only want to spend the cash on the top 4 sides these days ..further making the FFP a waste of time.

Yawn. This is getting tiresome now as neither of you are going to listen, both will dig your heels in before it reverts to personal insults like in almost every other topic in this godforsaken section of the boards.

Only on here can a topic about a **** piece of material get so stupid.

Yep you're right. It's a dumb argument and there's no point arguing with some people anyway.

Some interesting comments on here, I am lucky to travel with work and have been to a few countries. Nike, like Adidas often have their own branded shops. I have yet to see a Villa shirt hanging in any of those shops so they are not promoting or increasing overseas sales for the club.

That said, the training gear from Nike is decent and I have quite a bit of it for football and casual wear. The point is for me, and it may sound a bit snobbish, but am I going to walk round wearing Macron training/casual wear? Am I heck, so if there are others like me (and I suspect there might be a few) then I suspect merchandising outside of shirt sales will fall quite noticeably.

Bang on the money. Nike's Villa training gear is decent so I also suspect that sales of the training kit will drop significantly.

I really wanted Umbro. They've made some lovely kits recently and have a great association with football. Never mind. At least we might get to see this Macron kit more than two weeks before the next season starts.

Agreed. Umbro are no joke. Pure class right now. Oh well, Macron it is. And TBH, I'm fine with it.

Yeah Umbro has picked up a lot recently.

I didn't like them when a few years ago all the Umbro teams had the same kit template, just different colours (obviously), and it wasn't a nice template.

But their recent stuff is really nice. Would have been happy with them. But as I said, I MIGHT be happy with Macron, depending on what they deliver.

To be honest I don't give a shit who makes our kit.. If a miracle happens and we start winning games and are up near the big boys again we could be wearing a bin bag with Aston Villa Are Great scribbled on it in gold pen and I wouldn't care as we'd be winning games..

My personal view is that it would be nice if we chose our kit maker based on ethics above all else. Was a bit weird having Acorns on the Nike kit.

None of the big brands have ethics issues any more. Those days are long gone, and Nike are now one of the most ethical companies in the world.

Nike's factory in Indonesia got stung for millions in compensation for forcing workers to do unpaid overtime literally last month...

A factory Nike use/have used, rather than a Nike factory. The Guardian had to reword their headline and article online.

Some interesting comments on here, I am lucky to travel with work and have been to a few countries. Nike, like Adidas often have their own branded shops. I have yet to see a Villa shirt hanging in any of those shops so they are not promoting or increasing overseas sales for the club.

That said, the training gear from Nike is decent and I have quite a bit of it for football and casual wear. The point is for me, and it may sound a bit snobbish, but am I going to walk round wearing Macron training/casual wear? Am I heck, so if there are others like me (and I suspect there might be a few) then I suspect merchandising outside of shirt sales will fall quite noticeably.

Bang on the money. Nike's Villa training gear is decent so I also suspect that sales of the training kit will drop significantly.

Exactly this, its nice to say villa are sponsored by nike and people know its one of the biggest sports companies in the world instead you say macron and people will say whos that?

I just hope macron do some nice different styled kits.

As long as it has the Villa badge on it, I dont care what label it is.

Macron, Macro, Netto or Aldi. If it has the Villa badge, it'll look classy.

And now, as a bonus, we will hopefully get our kits in time for the summer and wont get dicked around by a company that obviously thinks they don't need to put us high on their list of priorities.

£15 million apparently. Sounds pretty good to me. What were we getting from Nike?

per season? i guess if it is per season it will bring in sllightly more than the revenue generated by the money sponsors would pay for a premium brand next to their logo.

its weird reading that people would rather have a shiny football top and no money rather than getting the club as much money as possible, especially as the club seem intent on 'self generating money' as long as you have your shiny shirt everything is ok though?

i wonder what players name you will get on the back of your shiny new shirt? because without the money, we wont be signing anyone else.

but as some people say, it doesnt matter

weird

I think the vast majority of punters, players and kids in the street couldn't give two hoots who manufactures a kit.

What does it matter ?

I wouldn't even know who half my favourite Villa kits were made by come to think of it. It's of such little significance

Anyone with a background in marketing will know this statement is completely wrong. Also why would companies like Nike be putting their names on kits in the first place if the average man/woman/child on the street isn't bothered? Why are Nike the brand leader if no-one is that bothered about who makes their sportswear?

Note the number of people on this thread discussing and complaining about what company is going to make Villa's kit. Just because you aren't bothered about it doesn't mean that others aren't either.

As for me I think this is the sort of brand we are stuck with until things improve on the pitch. No point having a go at our kit manufacturer, it's the people that run the club that are to blame for pretty much everything.

I long for the days of Villa challenging the top four in a decent Nike kit which has Acorns plastered on the front!

Â