Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

i agree kidlewis if they go cheaper with the shirt people will be happy, if training tops come down from the ridiculous £35 nike wanted people will be happy, if we get to see what it looks like at the same time as everyone else people will be happy and if they get to buy it before going on their summer holidays people will be happy

or we could just stay with nike...

Macron will be fine, as I said before I´m in the "Rather be a big fish in small Macron pond, than a small fish in a big Nike pond" camp.

That´ll be nice for a change. Just hope we will still be in the division so taht we can be "thier flagship club" in the PL...

also in the current climate if the quality is slightly less but we can sell our shirts for £5 less, I think people will be happy.

it's not like I ever wash mine anyway. so no threading to worry about. Key is to buy a shirt one size too big so it goes over t-shirt or hoodie, and never eat with one on = no stains.

I would be amazed if the shirts were cheaper.

£15 million apparently. Sounds pretty good to me. What were we getting from Nike?

per season? i guess if it is per season it will bring in sllightly more than the revenue generated by the money sponsors would pay for a premium brand next to their logo.

Why do you continue with this ? You have absolutely no proof of any correlation between sponsorship and kit supplier.

What you're suggesting makes no sense at all.

You seem to be suggesting that the kit maker is more important than the team with which any sponsor is negotiating. As an individual I'm sure you prefer to be seen in Nike gear than Macron, actual I do too, but as a sponsor things such as Club history, Club ethics, Club stature far outweigh the desire ti bask in the glory of the Nike Tick.

Answer me this, how does Genting benefit from having their logo next to Nikes ? Do you think it was really an important factor in their decision ?

Macron will be fine, as I said before I´m in the "Rather be a big fish in small Macron pond, than a small fish in a big Nike pond" camp.

That´ll be nice for a change. Just hope we will still be in the division so taht we can be "thier flagship club" in the PL...

I was against Macron from the start, but if the numbers are true and we are getting vastly more than we did from Nike then ill go with it.

I do think the arguement that 'id rather be a big fish is Macrons small Pond' theory is a joke. Key word is SMALL!

Based off this why dont we just get relegated to League One then we can be the biggest club in the small League One Pond?

If I had 2k to spend on a gambling holiday could I

a) Go to Blackpool and be a high roller.

B) Go to Macau or Vegas.

I know which one id choose, Blackpool like Macron is the inferior option in terms of quality.

I was against Macron from the start, but if the numbers are true and we are getting vastly more than we did from Nike then ill go with it.

I do think the arguement that 'id rather be a big fish is Macrons small Pond' theory is a joke. Key word is SMALL!

Based off this why dont we just get relegated to League One then we can be the biggest club in the small League One Pond?

B) Go to Macau or Vegas.

I know which one id choose, Blackpool like Macron is the inferior option in terms of quality.

A better question to ask yourself is:

When you go shopping do you buy designer labels (and pay more) or do you but something from Marks & Spencer that does the exact same thing but the quality is even better?

Also what makes Macron inferior in quality? Nike had to recall all their Celtic shirts at the start of the season as the quality was so bad. We had to delay releasing our shirt as the quality was poor.

It's not exactly like we can find our current kits anywhere in the world even though we're with Nike. Head to any Nike store and the only shirts there are United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus etc.

last year visited Nike store in london and only found a home jersey

I meant outside of England to be fair.

but even in England it wasnt great from Nike

I know which one id choose, Blackpool like Macron is the inferior option in terms of perceived quality.

I corrected that for you.

We of all people should know that Nike let us down in terms of quality of shirts and service.

B) Go to Macau or Vegas.

I think your analogy would work if we were paying to go with Macron. As it is, they're paying us more than Nike.

As for the relegation to League One thing, we're talking about a little logo on our shirts to be fair, not league postions. Not the same really.

B) Go to Macau or Vegas.

wrong analogy

would you rather be given £1,500 spending money on your trip in Vegas to spend on whatever you like

or be given £3k to spend in Blackpool on whatever you like.

Or in Villas terms

do you want £2m a year revenue to spend on players or £3.75m?

B) Go to Macau or Vegas.

I think your analogy would work if we were paying to go with Macron. As it is, they're paying us more than Nike.

As for the relegation to League One thing, we're talking about a little logo on our shirts to be fair, not league postions. Not the same really.

In the big scheme of things though, it is very important and a big sign in my opinion.

Brick after brick we are building down the wall we put up a few years ago. Resignation, from trying to compete to just embracing the fact that we cannot anymore.

- Telling the world we have lousy financials and no backup from the owner

- Letting MON go and appointing a very poor manager in Alex McLeish

- Selling our best players without any form of defense against them leaving

- Not re-investing the money we got from selling these players

- Extreme lack of communication from the club, i.e breaking down relationships with the fans

- Supporters do not show up at the games anymore, hostile crowds etc.

- Revenue down, interest falling, poor results, negative sentiment

- Disgruntled players, we all know what these gusy are really feeling atm.

All in all, letting Nike (the best option) go and appointing Macron (who?) is just a small step in the same direction as the abovementioned slippery slope.

We will not go down this year, that is almost impossible given the points we have already and also the really poor teams under us like Blackburn (in even more turmoil than us), Wigan, Bolton etc. Some of them might go on a streak, but so can we and we will comfortably end up something like 14th - 15th without ever really being in danger.

However, next season (if we keep up the same level of sacrifice and surrender, we might end up in the Championship. Lerner first saw this as a hobby, now it has turned into a dangerous investment with poor returns; so it will never be in his interest to just give up.

I predict one of three likely outcomes this summer:

1) Nothing. McLeish stays and we are probably going to be in the bottom

2) McLeish is sacked and we lay out a new strategy with a new manager

3) He is actively trying to sell the club and we get new owners suddenly

I think about Macron in this way.. At one point Nike, Adidas, Reebok they were all no name upstarts that would have had the same reaction as Macron are getting now. The simple fact is brands have to start somewhere and we should be privileged that they have chosen to work with us.. In 5-10 years Macron could easily be one of the biggest and most respected sportswear manufacturers in the World, but we could easily **** that up for them by not buying their shirts and expanding the brand.. Macron could be great for us and they could be a kit sponsor for decades just like Adidas are for Liverpool.

also in the current climate if the quality is slightly less but we can sell our shirts for £5 less, I think people will be happy.

it's not like I ever wash mine anyway. so no threading to worry about. Key is to buy a shirt one size too big so it goes over t-shirt or hoodie, and never eat with one on = no stains.

I would be amazed if the shirts were cheaper.

I don't think £5 would change my mind, many people buy the shirt because they like the look of it so design will have a major influence. I didn't buy last season's shirt because, personally, I thought it was horrible. I wore the season befores for an extra year instead so I suppose Nike gave me value for money! For £40 a shirt (which is what Leeds and West Ham fans pay) I hope we get something decent, but I think just the word 'Macron' makes it looks cheap because it is percieved by many to be a 'cheap' brand.

Also just to reiterate a point. Spurs' kits will be manufactured by Under Armour next year. Liverpool's by Warrior.

There seems to be a slight move away from the big manufacturers in general.

Under Armour..... who are they? Doubtless some pissant little company. Clearly a sign they are going to get relegated.

Also, most of spend our working lives trying to afford Italian designer gear - now the Villa have made it possible and everyone's upset.

:lol:

Home Kit in June

Away kit in July

2 Goalkeeper kits available to buy in all sizes

Nearly double what Nike where paying per season

Full set of Leisure and Training ware

Flagship team in the UK

I fail to see any negatives

Also when did Nike do this on there website

http://www.macron.com/

Hate to say it but, "this".

I'm looking forward to it. At least we won't get knocked around by Nike with these guys.

All in all, letting Nike (the best option) go and appointing Macron (who?) is just a small step in the same direction as the abovementioned slippery slope.

But that's just it, I really don't think Nike are the best option. They messed us about last season, we couldn't buy the tops until November because the quality was crap IIRC.

Now Macron are offering us more money and more than likely, not a template kit.

So, personally, I think this is a step forward. A step backward would have been staying with nike in my opinion. I couldn't care less if no one's heard of Macron, hopefully they will have when we have them on our chest.

Â