Villa Kit 2012-2013

deeps

If it is £15m per year, then hats off to the person who negotiated that for us as that is about 3 times what Nike were paying us from memory.

probably used Habib Beye's agent as he is good negotiator :P

It's not exactly like we can find our current kits anywhere in the world even though we're with Nike. Head to any Nike store and the only shirts there are United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus etc.

last year visited Nike store in london and only found a home jersey

When you break up the figures like that I don't think it's that impressive a deal. Nike deal was signed 5 years ago so you'd expect a new deal to be a bit better. Plus I'd imagine Villa would make more out of selling Nike merchandise than Macron.

Ok then look at like this its an 87.5% increase per year. How is that not good?

It's not exactly like we can find our current kits anywhere in the world even though we're with Nike. Head to any Nike store and the only shirts there are United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Inter, Juventus etc.

last year visited Nike store in london and only found a home jersey

I meant outside of England to be fair.

When you break up the figures like that I don't think it's that impressive a deal. Nike deal was signed 5 years ago so you'd expect a new deal to be a bit better. Plus I'd imagine Villa would make more out of selling Nike merchandise than Macron.

Ok then look at like this its an 87.5% increase of revenue. How is that not good?

It's also less than Habib Beye's annual wage so this actual deal is relatively insignificant. What makes the difference is if people will buy the merchandise. Do you think Macron will sell as much as Nike have done? I'm not convinced.

Ok then look at like this its an 87.5% increase of revenue. How is that not good?

It's also less than Habib Beye's annual wage so this actual deal is relatively insignificant. What makes the difference is if people will buy the merchandise. Do you think Macron will sell as much as Nike have done? I'm not convinced.

Cant say I know the answer to that but if its on time they'll have a head start and what I do think is if it is genuinely nice I think those that are against Macron will eventually succumb anyway and people want to wear their club colours especially if its nice. So I guess it depends mainly on what they design.

Home Kit in June

Away kit in July

2 Goalkeeper kits available to buy in all sizes

Nearly double what Nike where paying per season

Full set of Leisure and Training ware

Flagship team in the UK

I fail to see any negatives

the brand does not have a great history in either quality of material or in the style of shirt. As a revenue generating stream, while the initial figure is significantly more than the Nike deal, potentially our overall yearly profit from all sportswear revenue may be significantly different.

Reasoning being that fans that generally buy the kit still will but those who only buy based on style or other accessories by how it looks may not buy or buy less compared to a brand like Nike. This is only speculation and I'm looking forward to seeing the range, as it will have the advantage of being in June and July rather than Nike. But you can see the potential downside if Macrons prior history if anything to go by, but again let's wait until the range is out.......so my view is good initial deal I figures wise, not comfortable with the brand until I see the range

I think we are seeing teams start to go with brands who place a lot in the quality and technical aspects of the shirt.

The big brands like Nike and Adidas have become complacent and turning out low quality shirts. (Didn't Celtic recall their Nike shirts due to quality).

Spurs have gone ith Under Armour, Liverpool with Warrior and us with Macron. I like being the flagship UK club for a company.

May I just ask where all the figures we got from Nike comes from? I remember when we got them 5 years ago we were told that Nike has 3 categorys of clubs they deliver to.

A: Clubs they pay good money for making their shirts, like Barcelona.

B: Lesser clubs they don't pay, like us.

C: Even lesser clubs that pays to have them as their manufacturer.

Wasn't this true?

Anyway, as it seems we need money very much, £15m isn't to be sniffed at.

I agree with Pelle...

I'm sure we fell into catergory B, Nike made the kits, we both got proceeds from sales.

Barca get paid to do it, Palace pay to do it.

Same goes with Adidas, apparently Stoke pay for Adidas to produce their shirts to boost revenue (as more people will buy better brand)....

Macron are capable of making quality, let's hope the song and dance they are making of us sticks...

Let's also hope that when supporters are "consulted" on which design to use, the shortlist hasn't been narrowed down to absolute dross!

In fact, why not open it up for submission, some of the guys on here make some fantastic kits!

Financial fair play strikes again, not much the club could do

just have to wait and see what they produce, it's a bit daft to say you won't buy a shirt you haven't seen, training kit/jackets etc I can agree on, will have to be very nice (and cheaper)

Personally, I buy the shirt because it's claret and blue and has a lion on the chest with AVFC above it.

If, in the past, you've been buying the shirts because it looks 'smart' or has a logo of a company you think is 'cool', I think your motives are a bit weird to be honest.

No club has ever achieved anything by having a nice shirt. Besides, we haven't seen it yet.

they could have improved, 15 years ago if you said you owned a Skoda you got laughed at. However now they are pretty damn good.

Perhaps if we are one of their "bigger clients" they will be a lot more accommodating that Nike, who screwed us over.

also in the current climate if the quality is slightly less but we can sell our shirts for £5 less, I think people will be happy.

it's not like I ever wash mine anyway. so no threading to worry about. Key is to buy a shirt one size too big so it goes over t-shirt or hoodie, and never eat with one on = no stains.

Â