Martin O'Neill

maqroll

they spent 25 million on 2 players in summer and they should be at least top 10 on that budget. The MON myth is getting crushed by the week.

today they had 2 midfielders at full back and 1 centre midfielder. tactical clearing in the woods :)

I looks so jaded these days, not the same character he was when he was here. The fight doesn't seem to be there like it used to be I can't help but wonder how motivated he is in the job and if he perhaps has lost a little of self belief which is essentially all he had.

i think robertson not being there is having a huge impact

but this proves mon is a cheque book manager. i hope they go down just for the way he left, nothing personal sunderland just dislike the bloke and would want any clube he manages now to go down just to destroy him

I looks so jaded these days, not the same character he was when he was here. The fight doesn't seem to be there like it used to be I can't help but wonder how motivated he is in the job and if he perhaps has lost a little of self belief which is essentially all he had.

I'd go along with that. He has certainly lost his spark. Perhaps as others have mentioned it is not having John Robertson alongside him. I wouldn't be surprised regardless of what happens in the remainder of this season if he is no longer Sunderland manager come the start of next season and that will be it for him in terms of club football.

I thought he'd do well at Sunderland when he first took over but I couldn't have been more wrong and said a few weeks ago I thought they would be in the relegation mix and they certainly are now. They fail to beat Norwich at home next week then given their fixtures after that they will be in deep shit.

In my 30+ years following us I have never known a manager after leaving us go on to better things and do well elsewhere. O'Neill it seems has kept that run going.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Sunderland fans aren't happy at all. Especially with the football he is serving up each week. I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk if they ended the season badly. Doubt he can handle the fan pressure as I see him as a bit of an egotistical character. Think he'll keep them up though, just about.

A quote from their forums.  

when are people going to realise that the blame lies solely at the feet of MON , his football and majority of signings are inept

Could've told him how shit his signings were before he went there, but they were too busy thinking they were going to be top 6.

• Like 1

He's football philosophy  is becoming more out dated by the day. I wouldn't call him a check book manager either, just he's to stubborn to evolve and learn from his errors. 

His lack of signings from abroad STILL is ridiculous.

I'd be prepared to wager he'll step down in the summer. He looks a shadow of the bouncy character he was when here with us. I think he could have been a good England manager however, a few years ago, I think he'd have been a good appointment, well better than those who have been appointed anyway, but not. 

But his inflexibility and limited alternatives have no future in the top flight now.

He is 61 years of age now, which for some reason I find odd because I see him as a "young" manager in my mind's eye.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sunderland is his last job, he has had an incredibly successful career both as a player and a manager (lets not forget he won the European cup twice at Forest) and can look back upon what he achieved with pride.  

• Like 1

he might be touted but couldnt see any normal chairman go for him, maybe some nutjob like Abramovich might go for him when he runs out of managers but I doubt even Roman would stoop that low

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â