Martin O'Neill

maqroll

Will he have the balls for a relegation fight though? He's walked before at critical moments............(cough).

He will probably walk at half time during the pivotal last game.

• Like 1

Sunderland have announced net operating losses of £26.9m for the period ending July 31 2012. And that's before the £30m or so they spent over the last two transfer windows.

And O'Neill still says he wants to refresh the squad next window.

The losses have been covered by the club’s American owner Ellis Short

Short will try to pump more money into the club in an effort to get top eight. 

Can someone say Déjà vu?

• Like 1

Sunderland have announced net operating losses of £26.9m for the period ending July 31 2012. And that's before the £30m or so they spent over the last two transfer windows.

Can someone say Déjà vu?

well they are very similar to us in that the want to achieve top 6 to 8 , in a short timescale with an expectant fan base, revenue streams unable to afford it and an owner who does not have sufficient funds to keep it going for long periods, so yes déjà vu.

Only difference is that their foundations are even shakier than ours it seems

Can someone say Déjà vu?

well they are very similar to us in that the want to achieve top 6 to 8 , in a short timescale with an expectant fan base, revenue streams unable to afford it and an owner who does not have sufficient funds to keep it going for long periods, so yes déjà vu.

Only difference is that their foundations are even shakier than ours it seems

Whether or not an owner can "afford" it depends on the manager. In the case of O'Neill, I doubt many owners could afford it.

He's an odious little word removed that is being exposed as a manager with nothing but old hat ideas and poor in the transfer market.

I'm so glad Fletcher is injured and I hope it is a bad one as I see his goals as essentially keeping Sunderland up. If his injury is bad they could be a very good outside bet to go down.

• Like 1

I've got no problem with Sunderland. They're an unfashionable club in an unfashionable part of the country, much like ourselves. If they have to go for us to stay up then so be it but I'd rather the likes of QPR were relegated.

If he is such a shit manager and person I am amazed that people are still so pissed off he left us. Very little objectivity regarding him

Nonsense, we've been through all the major mistakes he made time and time again. The guy was out of control with money and it's a good thing he finally left.

If he is such a shit manager and person I am amazed that people are still so pissed off he left us. Very little objectivity regarding him

I dont think he was/is a shit manager, some of the best times I had at vp was under his management, going into derby games knowing you were going to win etc, for whatever reason he is struggling at sunderland, I was ok when he left us cus i knew he couldn't take us any further, had I known then what I know now I would have been so **** knowing who his replacements would have been.

I can forgive him for the money he spunked, the wasted oportunitys etc, but I will never forgive him for walking out 5 days before the start of the season.

• Like 3

He's an odious little word removed that is being exposed as a manager with nothing but old hat ideas and poor in the transfer market.

I'm so glad Fletcher is injured and I hope it is a bad one as I see his goals as essentially keeping Sunderland up. If his injury is bad they could be a very good outside bet to go down.

Outside bet? They're as short as 5/2 in some places. That's hardly a good outside bet. 

Â