Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've got a great story involving my wife's best mate. It does not involve us but it involves dating and how it all went wrong. Can't be arsed tonight because I'm eating and wining it again but will post tomorrow. Pretty funny and filthy tbf .

Looking forward to this :)

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've got a great story involving my wife's best mate. It does not involve us but it involves dating and how it all went wrong. Can't be arsed tonight because I'm eating and wining it again but will post tomorrow. Pretty funny and filthy tbf .

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

jeeeezus

advice from 1972

Don't be silly

He never said to ask her to make him a bacon sandwich!

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We're waiting...

On 11/03/2017 at 20:26, Rugeley Villa said:

tenor.gif

On 11/03/2017 at 12:20, Ginko said:

Oh you boys of mine.

So I mentioned I went on a date blah blah something about eyebrows blah

Did you tell her about when I kept running you over on GTA Heists?

• Like 1

On 11/03/2017 at 12:20, Ginko said:

Oh you boys of mine.

So I mentioned I went on a date but didn't really feel anything and I was still very much into the girl from work but she had her reasons for not dating me. Well, last night was a night out with a bunch of people from work, this girl included. I told you that despite agreeing to just be friends we were just the same as we always have been, but I might have been reading into it things that I shouldn't.

Well, I rock up fashionably late to the night out and after an hour or so I finally get some alone time with this girl and she basically told me this week she's been miserable at the thought of us not dating and life's too short, we have so much fun together etc.

She also says she knew I went on a date, which made her incredibly jealous, and she went out on a second date with this guy that was perfectly nice and attractive but she just kept thinking of me the whole time.

Long story short, we snogged each other's faces off all night and we're just going to see what happens but she seems super excited and happy about it, which is a good sign, right? So yeah, to say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement :D

This is why I always tell people who are in the friend zone to just move on, forget about her and go on a date.

The only way the first lady is ever going to be interested is if she thinks she's lost you.

• Like 1

Yeah but i got lucky that she's smart enough to read between the lines.

Anyway, we went out again Saturday night and had fun but I was a bit of an idiot on a couple of occasions and trying too hard. I woke up this morning feeling terrible and wanting to talk to her but then doesn't explaining stuff like that also count as trying too hard? 

Fortunately, she's ace, and after leaving her alone all day she messaged me and wanted to reiterate we're on the same page because even though we had fun last night, those couple of goofs from me did make her worry a bit. I explained and said she was right and I'm sorry. Looks like I didn't totally ruin things which is a huge relief.

It sounds horrible, but I've been so used to dating girls that I'm a bit iffy on that it means I'm pretty much relaxed and carefree and they enjoy me just being me, which is why those relationships get off the ground even if I know they won't go anywhere. I haven't dated a girl I've liked this much in so long I just forgot she wanted to date me, not some phone try-hard version of me that just winds up scaring her off before we've even gotten anywhere. 

Either way, big realisation today and thank Christ she's cool and open enough to talk about it with me and give me another shot.

I realise this has been kinda sappy so have a DHUTWU to balance it out.

Edited by Ginko

Found out a friend suffers from post menstrual tension.

She'd been fecking militant for a fortnight. I asked her how she was sustaining the hate?

It's become clear why her previous boyfriends looked like broken men at the end.

Probably for the best that she's seeing a girl now?

9 hours ago, Xann said:

Found out a friend suffers from post menstrual tension.

She'd been fecking militant for a fortnight. I asked her how she was sustaining the hate?

It's become clear why her previous boyfriends looked like broken men at the end.

Probably for the best that she's seeing a girl now?

Only if you post pics.

• Like 1

Aaah...good old Millie Tant ! 

Met a few of them in my lifetime....it's difficult not not take the p1ss - a lot of em seem to just be waiting to be offended :D

Â