Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On 15/03/2017 at 10:47, Dante_Lockhart said:

Me and the missus very rarely have sex anymore, mainly so since we had the nipper who's 3 soon. I can probably count the times we've done the dirty since he was born on 2 hands.

I think it's psychological with her. Fear of getting pregnant again, the fact he came out of her business etc... I've all but given up trying to initiate anything now.

After we had our second child, the mrs was rarely up for it. I went from every night to once a month and was chomping at the bit. I think it's part and parcel when you have kids... and just something us men won't really understand. Anyway, he is 18 months now, and I've had it every night for the last 2 weeks so things picked up and I'm sure they can for everyone! 

6 hours ago, JB said:

What a shit week. 

I've spent the best part of two years taking someone for granted and never really appreciating how good I've got it. She's stunning and a lovely person to boot and I've taken the piss to be honest.

Now I've pretty much got my comeuppance in many respects and I'll be honest, I'm **** devastated.

Sorry to hear that what's happened?

I've basically just taken the piss with my girlfriend in so many ways because she's always put up with it. Now she's finally called me on it and has ended things. Well, I ended things when I was drunk and she's taken me up on it. Made me realise how I've been taking her for granted and I actually want to be with her. Looks like she's sticking to her guns, though. She's moved out and is refusing to see me.

Any normal person would have been grateful to be with her and would've popped the question a while back. It feels like it's taken this happening for me to finally see things clearly. In fact I feel like I'm thinking more clearly than I ever have. I know exactly what I've done wrong and how to fix things. I want to be with her and spend the rest of my life with her. I never thought I'd be able to say that about anyone. Problem is, it doesn't look like she's going to change her mind and as I say, won't even see me. 

Sorry to hear that JB.

However I'm pretty sure I've seen this film before and you turn up at her office, do something silly, sing her a love song and then pour your heart out in public. She's a bit embarrassed in front of her friends but it all works out well in the end. 

• Like 2

Cheers bud. 

I actually need to take some time to figure out whether it's really what I want or if I'm just doing the classic thing of wanting what you can no longer have. I have been a complete shit in so many ways (never violence or any sort of abuse, just to be clear) that there's also the idea that I should let her go because she deserves better.

I read a good analogy once about relationships being like a drug. At the start it is awesome and the buzz is amazing but over time your tolerance builds up and the effects diminish. But no matter how bad for you, sudden withdrawal will **** you up. 

1 hour ago, JB said:

Cheers bud. 

I actually need to take some time to figure out whether it's really what I want or if I'm just doing the classic thing of wanting what you can no longer have. I have been a complete shit in so many ways (never violence or any sort of abuse, just to be clear) that there's also the idea that I should let her go because she deserves better.

I read a good analogy once about relationships being like a drug. At the start it is awesome and the buzz is amazing but over time your tolerance builds up and the effects diminish. But no matter how bad for you, sudden withdrawal will **** you up. 

So there's your answer, go and eat some drugs friend :) 

10 hours ago, JB said:

I've basically just taken the piss with my girlfriend in so many ways because she's always put up with it. Now she's finally called me on it and has ended things. Well, I ended things when I was drunk and she's taken me up on it. Made me realise how I've been taking her for granted and I actually want to be with her. Looks like she's sticking to her guns, though. She's moved out and is refusing to see me.

Any normal person would have been grateful to be with her and would've popped the question a while back. It feels like it's taken this happening for me to finally see things clearly. In fact I feel like I'm thinking more clearly than I ever have. I know exactly what I've done wrong and how to fix things. I want to be with her and spend the rest of my life with her. I never thought I'd be able to say that about anyone. Problem is, it doesn't look like she's going to change her mind and as I say, won't even see me. 

Mate this is exactly something I would of said a few years back when I used to take the piss out of my missus and walk all over her. We are always sorry after and we always promise things will change. It took a few years for me to change and a lot of broken promises but we are still together, married with children. Like I said your post could of been written by me a few years back but all I can say is don't give up.

7 hours ago, JB said:

Agree with this.

8 hours ago, JB said:

Cheers bud. 

I think its always going to smart initially when you break up with someone as that person has been a huge part of your life. You come to rely on that person, them being there for you and even just for the companionship. To suddenly have that wrenched away, I think its only natural to want it back. Like you said, you need to take some time to think whether it is her you really miss or its just being with someone that you really miss. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JB said:

Cheers bud. 

Best thing to do mate, if you know where she works or where she is currently living, write her a letter. No bullshit tell get how you feel from the heart if that don't work and take it from there

My wife's mate you know the three sum queen, well she went on another date the other night with some dude from Walsall. She sent the missus a picture of this bloke and they were both saying how genuine he looked, I mean what the **** does genuine look like. He reminded me of that nut job out of coronation street that had two identities, Colin fishwick or something like that. Anyway she met him and they kissed at the end of the night and whilst they were kissing he put her hand on his crotch to which she replied oh my god and he smiled and said I know I know. Turns out this fella is hung like a donkey. Halfway down his leg and that's why he put her hand there to basically warn her :D guess what? She can't wait to meet him again and she's having his pants down.

it comes to something when I'm reporting on other people's love lives and not my own.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife's mate you know the three sum queen, well she went on another date the other night with some dude from Walsall. She sent the missus a picture of this bloke and they were both saying how genuine he looked, I mean what the **** does genuine look like. He reminded me of that nut job out of coronation street that had two identities, Colin fishwick or something like that. Anyway she met him and they kissed at the end of the night and whilst they were kissing he put her hand on his crotch to which she replied oh my god and he smiled and said I know I know. Turns out this fella is hung like a donkey. Halfway down his leg and that's why he put her hand there to basically warn her :D guess what? She can't wait to meet him again and she's having his pants down.

it comes to something when I'm reporting on other people's love lives and not my own.

Is that the one who wants to meet a 'nice guy' to settle down with! :)

What happened to the other guy she liked?

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is that the one who wants to meet a 'nice guy' to settle down with! :)

What happened to the other guy she liked?

Yeah that's her. He was too nice :) pm me your number and I will sort you out if you want,

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Went on a date in Wallall with some bird - early days but got a snog out of her.

Let her have a feel of my anaconda at the end of the night which she seemed to like. 

bwahahahaha :crylaugh: 

Great pic too man.

11 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Went on a date in Wallall with some bird - early days but got a snog out of her.

Let her have a feel of my anaconda at the end of the night which she seemed to like. 

Haha ****** brilliant and you even have Colin fishwick as your pic :crylaugh:

Â