Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Sounds like she's a bit of a drama queen. Can't hurt to hear her out though. Just be concrete with your views. Tell her your feelings never changed, it was her that couldn't decide what she wanted. 

Some people revel in having a chaotic personal life, I'm sure. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sounds like she's a bit of a drama queen. Can't hurt to hear her out though. Just be concrete with your views. Tell her your feelings never changed, it was her that couldn't decide what she wanted. 

Some people revel in having a chaotic personal life, I'm sure. 

I think she just made a mistake sometimes it happens. I will hear her out

• Like 4

play it by ear and trust your instinct. Things were going well for 3 months and then she had a panic attack. That happens, for whatever reason, people develop anxieties, have dodgy experiences. As an isolated incident it's resolvable and move on-able. If you decide you'd want to patch things up again, great, but  flag up you don't want to go through this again. Obviously. 

There could be other reasons, why, but there's no point putting motivations to her without knowing the facts. I'd obviously be inclined to be a bit wary initially which is inevitable with something like that, so I guess that's something to consider. But you'll know her best, I'd meet her and see what you think.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

UPDATE

so this girl messages me last night asking if I am going to get my things. I messaged saying in few days as I am busy over next few days. I also gave her bank details as she has offered to refund me the money for the crete flight. ( I was going to her brothers wedding there) she then said that's fair and "apologies hope your keeping well x"

i didn't message back. Then this morning I get a message from her at 9amsaying 

"morning Demi  I feel really bad about how things ended and I've made a rash decision about us that's why I wanted to meet up with you to talk about any worries and doubts that was going through my mind. Would you still like to meet up?"

Then she immediately followed it up with 

"I just feel that everything has been said over text message and we need to have a proper heart to heart to discuss how we feel etc"

What do you guys think? My head says one thing my heart is saying another 

'She' needs to have a heart to heart to discuss how 'she' feels, nothing has changed for you. Stick to your guns mate and don't get dragged into some emotional tug of war. She's the one with the issues, your feelings seem pretty clear to me.

Good luck 

• Like 2

Just now, Rodders said:

play it by ear and trust your instinct. Things were going well for 3 months and then she had a panic attack. That happens, for whatever reason, people develop anxieties, have dodgy experiences. As an isolated incident it's resolvable and move on-able. If you decide you'd want to patch things up again, great, but  flag up you don't want to go through this again. Obviously. 

There could be other reasons, why, but there's no point putting motivations to her without knowing the facts. I'd obviously be inclined to be a bit wary initially which is inevitable with something like that, so I guess that's something to consider. But you'll know her best, I'd meet her and see what you think.

Thanks rodders great advice mate. And cheers @Xela I think you guys are right should hear her out and see what happens. And of course I will make it known of we are going to get it back together be on my terms

1 minute ago, RimmyJimmer said:

'She' needs to have a heart to heart to discuss how 'she' feels, nothing has changed for you. Stick to your guns mate and don't get dragged into some emotional tug of war. She's the one with the issues, your feelings seem pretty clear to me.

Good luck 

Thanks bro :)

• Like 1

Well, I hope it works out if you go and have a chat and listen to her side, but I can't help but feel she just wants to prove she can win you back as you've not been chasing her after she kicked you to the curb. People want what they can't have.

• Like 1

Heard a cracker of a story from a mate today... one of his other mates had been dating this girl he met on Match since before Christmas. He'd been single for a while, she was single after coming out of a tough marriage a year earlier and has a kid. Anyway, getting on like a house on fire, he's introduced her to his family, he gets on well with the kid and you know, he's happy. She told him she was off to India for a week with her sister to look at wedding venues (for her sister) and as a result she wouldn't really be contactable. A bit odd but he's a trusting guy. Anyway, he's found out (not sure how) that she's gone away for a week in Cornwall with another guy she met on Match! 

Baffling creatures. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well, I hope it works out if you go and have a chat and listen to her side, but I can't help but feel she just wants to prove she can win you back as you've not been chasing her after she kicked you to the curb. People want what they can't have.

This is very true but mate I am not going to make it easy for her

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So guys tell me has their been a sex position you haven't tried but always wanted to but for some reason hasn't happened?

suspended between two trees, doing an amputee's stump dimple, whilst an array of clowns and forest based animals look on

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So guys tell me has their been a sex position you haven't tried but always wanted to but for some reason hasn't happened?

Anything with a woman, who didn't turn out to be a mentalist. 

I never did the reverse cowgirl before until last night quite enjoyable 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Anything with a woman, who didn't turn out to be a mentalist. 

Can't help you there mate they are all nuts

• Like 1

Â