Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

On 18/02/2017 at 19:31, Xela said:

Someone who goes from confessing their love to you to ignoring you and blocking you on Whatsapp in a matter of days, without a crossed word said between us.

Bizarre. 

Sounds like she did you a favour they love playing with your emotions. She probably waiting for you to message her going mad...

Just ignore her don't respond and she will wonder does he know I've blocked him...

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like she did you a favour they love playing with your emotions. She probably waiting for you to message her going mad...

Just ignore her don't respond and she will wonder does he know I've blocked him...

I think it just shows immaturity on her behalf. Too old for games. I've put it behind me now. Her loss. 

I'll look back on this and chuckle in a week or two!

• Like 1

That sucks mate, sorry.

I've just had a rather annoying experience myself, though she's actually been quite open and honest about things, not that it makes it much better.

So there's a girl at work and we get on like a house on fire, tons in common and she's dorky like me. We have tons of fun and we started to play some music together (not a euphemism) after work which has been fun and quite intimate. A couple of weeks ago after our last 'jam' she asked me out for food afterwards. We had fun and I was wondering if this was a date.

I'd pretty much talked myself out of anything happening because I got some mixed signals from her, not least of which that she'd mentioned a horrible breakup with a guy she dated from her last workplace so it put her off that stuff. But even knowing that, the sparks were there. Anyways, we were due to jam again tomorrow night (which she still wants to do) but she's got a date with some guy afterwards so she can't go for food with me. She then came clean about liking me but the experience of dating a work colleague before is something she can't ignore.

Typical. She's bloody perfect for me and something stupid like this gets in the way. I can empathise after having a similar experience myself but it wouldn't put me off if I liked someone that much. Maybe she just doesn't. Oh well.

Edited by Ginko

I've already sung and played multiple songs in front of her, in my experience that shit doesn't really work as a way to a girl's heart.

Of course I could just be butt ugly.

I've just had a long chat with her. Usual stuff, still wants to be my friend and hang out, etc. She's been pretty honest and good about the whole thing to be fair. Confessed she'd thought about it but her previous experience is something she never wants to go through again. I floated the idea that maybe her answer is she doesn't like me enough to take the risk but she just said since she made her decision then she's chosen not to see me like that. Not sure how you can choose to feel about someone like that but **** if I understand women and how they think.

Onto the next one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ginko said:

I've already sung and played multiple songs in front of her, in my experience that shit doesn't really work as a way to a girl's heart.

Fairs. What about whapping it out and asking if she'd like to have a go on it, tried that?

• Like 2

So you remember I highlighted a few months ago some girl randomly added me on Facebook and I shared my concerns? Well we been together three months. No arguments, get on like a house on fire. She says no guy has ever treated her like this or cooked for her like i did. absolutely no problems at all... 

You know what's coming next. I get a message this morning saying can we meet tomo at Starbucks we need to talk and I need to be honest. So I say if your gonna break it off with me just say. She says "sorry I thought I was ready for a relationship but it's still too soon for me after coming out of a 4.5 relationship I need more time."

Yet prior to this she introduced me to her brother and sister in law who absolutely loved me. Made me her +1 for her brothers wedding in Greece  (made me book the ticket) and met some of my friends which they all got on great and they loved each other.

I will never for the life of me get women. Think I'm just gonna just stay out of relationships 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So you remember I highlighted a few months ago some girl randomly added me on Facebook and I shared my concerns? Well we been together three months. No arguments, get on like a house on fire. She says no guy has ever treated her like this or cooked for her like i did. absolutely no problems at all... 

You know what's coming next. I get a message this morning saying can we meet tomo at Starbucks we need to talk and I need to be honest. So I say if your gonna break it off with me just say. She says "sorry I thought I was ready for a relationship but it's still too soon for me after coming out of a 4.5 relationship I need more time."

Yet prior to this she introduced me to her brother and sister in law who absolutely loved me. Made me her +1 for her brothers wedding in Greece  (made me book the ticket) and met some of my friends which they all got on great and they loved each other.

I will never for the life of me get women. Think I'm just gonna just stay out of relationships 

How weird. Sorry to hear that dude. Really can't even understand why she would suddenly decide the old "I'm not ready for a relationship" bullshit. Baffles me why people think that  way. 

If you like someone be with them. It's not difficult. Stupid people. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

We go again dem.

Its all you can do. If you tried to understand it you'd go mad. Don't beg or text her. It's her loss. Cut her off. Don't let it affect future possible dates/relationships. On to the next.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

We go again dem.

Its all you can do. If you tried to understand it you'd go mad. Don't beg or text her. It's her loss. Cut her off. Don't let it affect future possible dates/relationships. On to the next.

Thanks lads. It is hard when this kind of thing happens as you think sometimes it's yourself that's the problem and thats definitely not the mentality to have.

I have to meet her tomorrow to exchange our stuff. My cousin said just literally give her stuff and say good luck in the future without hearing a explanation. Isnt that just abit immature and childish?!

Edited by Demitri_C

Â