Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe you can double date with @Xela and one his aunties? 

I'll reply when I can understand what you wrote Dem :P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Pure laziness from me but anyway. My wife's best friend has been doing this online dating thing for about a year now with not much look in terms of finding someone ideal. It's been a case of sex first night or blowing them off on the way home in car etc.

tenor.gif

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Ginko said:

Well I can't think of any reason why she's not having much luck finding a nice guy to have a relationship with...

Hopefully the nice guy doesn't waste too much time on her...

Aite, last time, I promise, because frankly I'm even more **** bored and tired about this whole debacle than you lot are.

The girl from work has called it off stating she's all over the place and not ready to see anyone. One week I make her insanely happy but then when we start to make a little progress romantically she gets way too upset about things and makes herself really unhappy by what could or should be.

I gave it my best shot and told her all relationships have teething issues in the beginning but let's face it, this is something bigger than me. I really care about her and she cares about me too but it's just getting a little much. Part of me is a little relieved that I'm not constantly worrying if/when she'll change her mind again, but I'd be kidding myself if I said I wasn't gutted we didn't give this a proper shot.

Sigh, such a turnaround since Friday night. Oh well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Aite, last time, I promise, because frankly I'm even more **** bored and tired about this whole debacle than you lot are.

The girl from work has called it off stating she's all over the place and not ready to see anyone. One week I make her insanely happy but then when we start to make a little progress romantically she gets way too upset about things and makes herself really unhappy by what could or should be.

I gave it my best shot and told her all relationships have teething issues in the beginning but let's face it, this is something bigger than me. I really care about her and she cares about me too but it's just getting a little much. Part of me is a little relieved that I'm not constantly worrying if/when she'll change her mind again, but I'd be kidding myself if I said I wasn't gutted we didn't give this a proper shot.

Sigh, such a turnaround since Friday night. Oh well.

**** her off now mate.. she's playing games

• Like 4

She's really not, though I know how it looks and you'll think I'm defending her but it's just not the situation. She's just got a lot of shit going on up there.

Anyway, sorry for boring you with the ups and downs, chaps.

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

She's really not, though I know how it looks and you'll think I'm defending her but it's just not the situation. She's just got a lot of shit going on up there.

If it's meant to be it will be. Anyway good luck mate and no you don't bore us :) why can't life be simple eh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tbf she is a nice girl. I mean doesn't everyone have sex or intercourse on first night?

Maybe when I was 18!

I mean, i'm only judging her by what you have told me but after meting a nice guy for a date she then has a coke fueled threesome with two labourers from Leeds straight after. 

She's probably not long term relationship material. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Not at all mate, keep us updated :)

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Maybe when I was 18!

I mean, i'm only judging her by what you have told me but after meting a nice guy for a date she then has a coke fueled threesome with two labourers from Leeds straight after. 

She's probably not long term relationship material. 

She's came out of a messy divorce and an abusive relationship last year so for a bit she did let her hair down. She's actually after a proper relationship although it might not sound like it. Me and the wife were pretty shocked tbf but strange things happen when you're intoxicated. Regarding sex on first date I suppose I'd be the same now I'm older and it would be nice to actually properly date without shagging first. 

Sorry to hear that @Ginko

Definitely the right move in drawing a line under it, it's good that you see it that way. I've been in the same position with a girl from work and tried to win her round, it just made it worse. Just be pleasant around her, keep it friendly, but make sure you allow yourself space from her.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 3

Thanks guys, it means a lot. She's a lovely girl, as you say she just has a lot of baggage and it makes me want to help her and be there for her more but it's not something I can change.

It's just such a shame as when we forget all the worrying and the stuff that hasn't even happened and probably won't we're great together. I'm still going to be her friend, but I've been the guy friend who wants to be the boyfriend too many times in my life and it never works. I'll get back on the dating scene soon enough.

Thanks again fellas. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Thanks guys, it means a lot. She's a lovely girl, as you say she just has a lot of baggage and it makes me want to help her and be there for her more but it's not something I can change.

It's just such a shame as when we forget all the worrying and the stuff that hasn't even happened and probably won't we're great together. I'm still going to be her friend, but I've been the guy friend who wants to be the boyfriend too many times in my life and it never works. I'll get back on the dating scene soon enough.

Thanks again fellas. 

You sound like an honest sincere dude and I've been in a similar situation. I asked myself "is it all my responsibility to fix her issues ?" and although it can sound a bit cruel, I said "no it wasn't", but only for my own sanity and health.

It's not being selfish - I mean, be there for her if she wants pointers or a bit of advice but as the other lads on here seem to be saying, just keep a bit of distance and look after YOU and what YOU want

• Like 2

I'm going to run out of likes soon chaps.

You're all great. If any one of you had a vadge I'd be round there like a shot.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Â