Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Good luck with that kiddo, sounds depressing :(

Ta. Sure it'll be OK. I'll just go to talk to her Mom about it (they're quite open about their relationships). If anyone can talk to her it's her as she does a lot of emotional therapy. The wife needs someone to talk to who can push her buttons and get her to open up.

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Are you sure? Surely all you can guarantee is that you're not having sex anymore? :ph34r:

If that's the case I hope it's with another woman so I can get her to bring her back to ours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Shit, I mean, sex isn't the main part of a relationship for me, not at all, but without any physical affection at all, surely you just have a room mate?

That's what it feels like sometimes. I think part of it is that we've got into routine too. Put bab to bed, make a coffee, sit on the sofa and put a box set on, or she'll put one of her programmes on and I'll go play on the PS4. We go out a lot as a family and that, but I think we're both too engrossed on watching the little dude and stuff that we just bypass taking time for ourselves. I'm probably partly to blame for that so maybe I'll have to make a conscious effort to rectify it.

You're clearly much better at this relationship stuff than I am if you've convinced a woman to marry you, so maybe I should stfu and not try to give advice, but what about booking a table somewhere fancy and organising a babysitter one evening so you can just talk without being on parent duty?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You're clearly much better at this relationship stuff than I am if you've convinced a woman to marry you, so maybe I should stfu and not try to give advice, but what about booking a table somewhere fancy and organising a babysitter one evening so you can just talk without being on parent duty?

We still do that so all is good that end :)

21 hours ago, Ginko said:

I'm going to run out of likes soon chaps.

You're all great. If any one of you had a vadge I'd be round there like a shot.

Well, lets not rule anything out just yet...

18 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I had a spare ticket to a comedy show tonight, that some woman listed as her favourite comedian. I thought **** it, and just invited her without talking to her much at all.

For some reason, she said yes, and as well as being more stunning than she was in her photos, she's a midwife (career sorted in her twenties, smart girl!), from the same town as me a couple of hours away, knows some of my friends, and has agreed to a second date already.

I'm not expecting much yet, I've got burnt by getting overly optimistic about women really quickly, but that was a surprisingly good night. :)

Listen, don't come in here with your happy tales and optimism! This isn't the place for that! :P

• Like 4

In a bid to ensure that I don't go full-on clingy and ask her to marry me next week, I've given this Tinder thing a go. Not bad is it? I've never had to worry about having enough spare evenings before. :lol:

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

In a bid to ensure that I don't go full-on clingy and ask her to marry me next week, I've given this Tinder thing a go. Not bad is it? I've never had to worry about having enough spare evenings before. :lol:

I must be doing something seriously wrong or be ready **** fugly as I don't get that... :(

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I must be doing something seriously wrong or be ready **** fugly as I don't get that... :(

Mikeyp you would be surprised at the simplest thing in a photo that is ruining your chances on tinder.

For example do you have photos of you with other women in it? This is a big turn off for women on tinder. 

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

You need to change your profile pic mate. Your current one isn't doing anything for you:

11b6a85b78b3508cc760ac200e5a0505.jpg

• Like 2

On 15/03/2017 at 10:47, Dante_Lockhart said:

Me and the missus very rarely have sex anymore, mainly so since we had the nipper who's 3 soon. I can probably count the times we've done the dirty since he was born on 2 hands.

I think it's psychological with her. Fear of getting pregnant again, the fact he came out of her business etc... I've all but given up trying to initiate anything now.

can relate to this slightly although by the sound of it you have it much worse. We both sometimes wonder if it's only the kids that are keeping us together. We also go through stages of no sex or intimacy and I will hold my hands up and say that's mainly down to me. 

What a shit week. 

I've spent the best part of two years taking someone for granted and never really appreciating how good I've got it. She's stunning and a lovely person to boot and I've taken the piss to be honest.

Now I've pretty much got my comeuppance in many respects and I'll be honest, I'm **** devastated.

Â