Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

Apparently police raided the homes of Leon Brittan the other day, "less than 6 weeks after he passed away." And the home of former head of the armed forces, "Britains Most Decorated Soldier" Lord Bramall.

Not many papers reporting it apart from the Mirror though, must be the pre-election carpet that its being swept under

The Heil have it as well as I've just read the article .... But not a lot of other sources so far

Sorry I don't include The Rothermere Bugle in my reading list ;)

And yet you happy admit to reading the Mirror :P

and so it unfolds ....

Metropolitan Police probed over child abuse 'cover-up' claims

The police watchdog is investigating alleged corruption in the Metropolitan Police, including claims it covered up child sex offences due to the involvement of police officers and MPs.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is investigating 14 referrals relating to child sex offences from the 1970s to the 2000s.

It said the claims were of "high-level corruption of the most serious nature".

The Met said it had voluntarily referred the allegations.

Sarah Green, deputy chairwoman of the IPCC, said: "These allegations are of historic, high-level corruption of the most serious nature.

"We will oversee the investigations and ensure that they meet the terms of reference that we will set.

"Allegations of this nature are of grave concern and I would like to reassure people of our absolute commitment to ensuring that the investigations are thorough and robust."

'Severity of allegations'

The IPCC will manage an investigation that was already being conducted by the Met Police's Directorate of Professional Standards into the alleged police corruption.

The force said in a statement: "The allegations emerged whilst officers were working on Operation Fairbank and relate to the period between 1970 and 2005.

"The MPS [Metropolitan Police] recognised the severity of the allegations, and the importance of understanding whether or not our officers had in the past acted inappropriately, and therefore voluntarily referred the 16 separate allegations to the IPCC.

"Ongoing investigations and recent convictions by officers from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command have shown that the MPS is fully committed to investigating non-recent allegations of sexual abuse."

The original allegations of child abuse are also still being investigated by the Met.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31907201

Always had my suspicions about him being a real Doctor. 

Bet you're regretting that rectal exam now?

I got suspicious when he said he needed to take my rectal temperature with his penis. 

• Like 1

Always had my suspicions about him being a real Doctor. 

Bet you're regretting that rectal exam now?

I got suspicious when he said he needed to take my rectal temperature with his penis. 

Sounds like your suspicions were aroused.

• Like 2

Enoch Powell scrutinized now.

This could do with being moved on in the timeline a little.

The police seem shy of the political types that are still breathing.

• Like 2

could that be because the dead can't defend themselves ? or sue ?

there is clear evidence coming to light now in some instances but a lot of stuff out there is just internet rumours with no evidence at this stage .. the rumour was/ is with the Cliff Richard case that the police deliberatly went with a high profile leaked raid in order to try and smoke some victims out as they didn't actually have a case , or a very strong one.... not really how a police force should operate

Edited by tonyh29

could that be because the dead can't defend themselves ? or sue ?

there is clear evidence coming to light now in some instances but a lot of stuff out there is just internet rumours with no evidence at this stage .. the rumour was/ is with the Cliff Richard case that the police deliberatly went with a high profile leaked raid in order to try and smoke some victims out as they didn't actually have a case , or a very strong one.... not really how a police force should operate

These are all the signs of 'moral panic'.

Stuart Hall famously wrote - Policing the Crisis: Mugging, the State and Law and Order, about the panic which took place about mugging, and the subsequent overreaction by the police.

Here's a quote from a review.

This collaboratively authored book begins as an attempt to analyse the apparent rise in a new form of crime in Britain of the early 1970s, mugging. The authors expose the ways in which changes of operational procedure and priority on the part of the police were at least partly responsible for this phenomenon, as concern that mugging needed to be cracked down on led to more arrests as well as to more offences being classified as muggings. The coverage of the resultant court cases led to much media comment on this apparent new phenomenon, fuelling public concern which resulted in the handing down of greatly increased sentences to convicted muggers in the name of deterrence. Thus, the authors aim to demonstrate that the phenomenon was certainly fuelled and indeed, to a certain extent, created by the very institutions to which fell the task of controlling it. The authors then examine this chain of events as an instance by which a crisis of ideology within British society and late capitalism in general is managed by the authorities. Supposedly deviant groups, in this case young black males, are periodically singled out and placed at the centre of a series of moral panics which allow the state to demonstrate that it has the people's consent to maintain the status quo through an increasing reliance on a authoritarian `law'n'order' model. 

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Â