The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relegation could be a blessing in disguise. Worked wonders at Newcastle.

I think Kev Mac would do well in the Championship with a lot of the youth team and it'd possibly prepare him for the Premiership.

Silver lining and all that.

EDIT: Wrong thread but the relegation thread pretty much looks the same as this one.

After reading that Lerner is backing McLeish after tonight I am more confident in my theory no matter how absurd it sounds. It is 100% an insane conspiracy theory, but I can't help but believe it in some way.. I said this in the reactions thread.

I'm saying it now it's an inside job.

McLeish wasn't brought here to settle the wages, he was brought here to get us relegated in the least suspicious way possible. That way he'll be fired in the Summer get a nice bonus from that, we'll be relegated which as a result solves the wage issue because every player we have will be gone and Lerner will bring in some young manager who's never had any money to work with to rebuild.

It's the only logical explanation for this. It's the only way I can explain to myself how we go in at half time after a pretty good/positive/"attacking" performance and then stop playing in the second half when the tactics for some reason change. He's not here to win games, I bet he was pissed when we beat Fulham unexpectedly and when Keane scored from range to beat Wolves.. He's not here to do anything but get us relegated, that's his job and he's doing it perfectly and in the least suspicious way. Maybe I'm just looking for other reasons, but he's the worst manager of all time about to relegate one of the most prestigious top flight teams in history and Lerner is happy.

I know I open myself up to a lot of ridicule from some by saying that, but right now it's one theory that makes more sense than others. If I made you laugh, you're welcome. :)

Relegation could be a blessing in disguise. Worked wonders at Newcastle.

I think Kev Mac would do well in the Championship with a lot of the youth team and it'd possibly prepare him for the Premiership.

Silver lining and all that.

Yeah you're right, because it worked wonders at Leeds United, Coventry City, Charlton Athletic, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Portsmouth, Derby County etc didn't it!?

Who even says Kevin Mac would get the job? Massive assumption based on no facts whatsoever.

When Newcastle went down they were in a better situation financially and with a bigger fanbase behind them. If we go down, I can't see us returning any time soon. Our Club is in turmoil from top to bottom, crowds would dip to around 25,000 (almost half of what Newcastle got in the second tier), and all our senior players would in all likelihood be sold.

I don't see much silver lining at all to be honest.

If we go down most of the people that have boycotted the club thus far will probably make it more permanent.. We'll lose so many fans from this. I'm not even going to call them glory hunters as to be honest a lot of the Villa fan base know of nothing else, they only know Villa as a top flight team.. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to be there as we struggle through the Championship, I'll be there like many on this site but I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't.

Newcastle came back up as they had an experienced team with the odd quality player. They also signed players who knew the league inside out.

If we go down I can't see us coming back up so easily, we have an inexperienced and young side who won't have the mentality to do so, especially with the pressure they'd be under.

All caused by Lerners arrogance and refusal to admit mistakes. If we go down (now likely) because he refused to sack McLeish (apparently) Lerner wont get any more of my money.

If he sacks mcLiesh tomorrow I will happily support him and the team. But my patience is over. He should have sacked him after the ManU game. Now it maybe too late but it is vital to give us even a sliver of a chance of staying up.

It will be a disgrace if I wake up in the morning and Alex McLeish is still manager of Villa. The longer the season has gone on the worse we have become. There is no way he can get us the results we need now.

Our only chance is getting him out and hoping a fresh approach for the last few matches gives us enough to escape.

So glad the crowd finally turned on him tonight. It should have happened games ago. Houllier got "the villa is ours" on the 28th of december, two months into his tenure... Mcleish has had an easy ride and is such a worse manager. The man is a complete failure.

How he is still employed is beyond me. How the hell can Lerner still think he is the right man for the job. The fans hate him, Lerner drastically losing revenues, and we are nearly getting relegated. How **** daft is Lerner?

How **** daft is Lerner?

He hired McLeish. I don't think we're dealing with a rational mind here.

fair point.

Not true.What we are dealing with is two people that know nothing about football " Dumb and Dumber "

3 Relegations in 4 years. The man has no credibility - how can he walk into a dressing room \ Training pitch and say "right lads this is what were going to do" -

Forget this season we are down - but Mcleish can't halt the slide - with his own players in - we could be struggling at the foot of the championship next season

Went last night but was too livid to post anything. McLeish is useless. The players looked like they didn't have a plan. The 1st half was ok and Heskey was MOTM for me.

When we came out for the 2nd half Bolton brought on Davies and we had no idea what to do. We played 2 bloody defensive midfielders last night and everytime the ball dropped back in the 2nd half from knockdown there were 3 Bolton players who could easily get the ball.

We couldn't defend. We lack any consistent creative threat. What the hell is McLeish doing in training?

Still very angry this morning. Delfouneso on for Herd in the 88th minute? WTF is that about?

How is this man still in charge of our great club today?

We are going down this season if he is not sacked NOW. The sooner our idiotic owner and CFO realise this the better.

Â