The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really are a shambles and a circus

We first appoint a manager with a proven track record of shitness and relegations

Then we claim to be short of cash and have to trim the wage bill yet we pay the mug a reported 2.5 mill a year plus compo to actually get him

Shame on you Lerner for making us the biggest laughing stock in the PL

Oh well at least Warnock give me something to smile about when i cashed in the 40/1 bet i had on him being first goalscorer :P

I wonder if McLeish had as bad a nights sleep as me last night

Doubt it, and no doubt he's got today off to go shopping in London

If he needs to go shopping then the Bull Ring and the Mailbox are hardly an option today.......

Randy, look at our squad. We have an average/slightly above average squad of players. Your appointment has quite possibly got us relegated with a team that should be 11th at worst!

Perhaps now you realise we were not anti-Mcleish because of the B.City connection.

Yeah I would sack him now. He doesn't know how to win games, he might fluke the odd win but he doesn't have the knowhow for sustained success at the top. I don't think we have won back to back games at any point this season? I would give Kevin McDonald a go for the remaining three games, he might just sneak a victory in one of the remaining games which could save us. McLeish won't win another game this season for us, and will definately take us down. We are falling like a stone, which is a disgrace.

Hopefully Lerner will wake up this morning and realise what has to be done

To be honest, i can see AM walking at the end of the season or mutual termination of his contract. Dont ask me why, just a gut feeling.

Hopefully Lerner will wake up this morning and realise what has to be done

To be honest, i can see AM walking at the end of the season or mutual termination of his contract. Dont ask me why, just a gut feeling.

I think that is a given. Whatever happens, his position has become untenable.

Well he can't be enjoying the job now

It's all down to money / pay offs etc now

Would you not enjoy a job where you could take the piss completely fail and still pick up a rediculous amount of money?

I think he can handle some flack from the fans the money he's being paid he wont quit Lerner will need to pull the trigger sadly he has no balls

The more I think about it the more I think that Martinez turning us down was disastrous. I keep hearing name like brendan rodgers and paul lambert, but the kind of manager we need is one that can understand and work with and get the best from many different personalities, while playing attractive passing football. Any manager that can keep N'zogbia happy must be good at dealing with different characters and we know wigan play good football. But I blame him! I blame him for us having Mcleish, because if he had taken the job we would have Mcleish and be where we are now!

The thing with Wigan though is that 5 or 6 games ago no one was saying they wished Martinez had accepted. Wigan have been miserable up until recently.

For me, Paul Lambert would be a great replacement. Maybe have a word in his ear on the last game of the season.

I suggest you read this thread again. There are a whole host of people wishing Martinez had accepted.

Ignorance is not an excuse!! :D

McSmug has been telling anyone who will listen that he has the full backing of the board. Well I hope Randy has slept on it and seen sense.

That makes it easier for him to negotiate a better settlement. As he could say they had not communicated with him that his position was under threat.

Â