The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last night, mcleish's position is untenable. The fans were hoping to give the team a chance to get safe before the protests started but Mcleish has brought this upon himself. Dour, negative, un ambitious playing mentality. Lack of playing style, tactics and the inability on attacking/defending set pieces all season. Randy simply has to get rid of him. Now! I'm not asking for Mourinho to come in. K.Mac will do for 3 games. He's worked with these kids and he'll get them playing again.

The main positive to sacking McLeish now would be to unite the fans, reinvigorate them. Nobody's wants to go and watch 'his' Villa.

A few Weeks ago you could have argued that there was nothing to gain by sacking McLeish before the end of the season.

Now as I see it there is nothing to lose by sacking him. We can hardly play any worse but the flipside is that someone like Kevin Mac might just be able to lift them enough to get us a win from those last three matches.

A few Weeks ago you could have argued that there was nothing to gain by sacking McLeish before the end of the season.

Now as I see it there is nothing to lose by sacking him. We can hardly play any worse but the flipside is that someone like Kevin Mac might just be able to lift them enough to get us a win from those last three matches.

Spot on.

Kmc & Sid must be good coaches. Look at the reserves. I would back them to win one of our final 3 games that should see us safe. I couldn't back Eck to do the same.

So we sack him now, who replaces him? Its like the Wolves scenario only much, much worse. Id give it to McDonald and Sid for the remaining, then start afresh. I think relegation is almost nailed on now, I just dont see another win, or another point. All the others in the battle are showing fight, bottle and an ability to grind out results.

All of which are not traits of McLeish teams.

The point is, if we sacked Mcleish now (which we won't), then people would turn up to the Tottenham game and fully get behind the lads for 90 minutes.

Anyway, we won't be sacking Mcleish now, and we probably won't be sacking him in the summer when we're planning our away day trips to Nottingham Forest either.

7 wins in 35 games tells the whole story. A newly promoted team with no aspirations would be disappointed with that return. How he is still in a job in beyond belief...there is not one single thing to like about our club right now. I hate the manager, I hate the chairman, I don't particularly like any of our players either. How on earth have we ended up like this from almost qualifying for the champions league only TWO years ago?

I'd sack him now on the basis it just cannot get any worse and someone like Kmac or Sid might just get us a couple of points.

Can someone please explain to me why McLeish isn't sacked right now? What on earth is there anymore to consider Randy!? I don't even care who they'd appoint instead, it doesn't make any difference what so ever at this point, for all I care we could have Gabby in charge for the rest of the season, we couldn't possibly do any worse...

I get it, that we basically only need one more victory to be safe, but it will never happen with that clown in charge.

Â