The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

tactic last night, ball to Given hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof! No distribution, give the ball back to Bolton invite pressure, repeat. May work when you're looking to get a late goal, but 90 minutes, its desperate, dour and does NOT work.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hoofball shit we played in the 2nd half was embarrassing. The players didn't want the ball, they didn't really know where to go when they had it. We can't defend corners or attack them, we can't play basic football and there is no morale in the squad. Reminded me of the crushing 2-2 against Stoke when we conceded twice in stoppage time. The players didn't recover from that and I don't think they will react positively to last night.

What does McLeish need to do to get the boot? Get us relegated? Lerner needs to act NOW.

The hoofball shit we played in the 2nd half was embarrassing. The players didn't want the ball, they didn't really know where to go when they had it. We can't defend corners or attack them, we can't play basic football and there is no morale in the squad. Reminded me of the crushing 2-2 against Stoke when we conceded twice in stoppage time. The players didn't recover from that and I don't think they will react positively to last night.

What does McLeish need to do to get the boot? Get us relegated? Lerner needs to act NOW.

Sad thing is McLeish has by now seen Chelseas hooooooooof for the Torres goal and it will have shown him he is right.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm not even angry anymore. Just get him out.

Please.......

The hoofball shit we played in the 2nd half was embarrassing.

It was hoofy in the first half too, was just a tad more effective as Heskey was nodding on. Still gives ball back and have to start again.

Tactically? Its **** Sunday league stuff.

The man is ruining this once great club. Something needs to be done. It will take years to get back to being top 6 again. I am not in favour of him leaving with only 3 games left, but he needs to leave in summer. This West Brom game is so big. I just hope west brom take it easy, because they are already safe.

What last night shows is that McLeish and Grant have basically run out of ideas.

Cannot keep a clean sheet

Cannot counter attack

Cannot keep the ball

Cannot even "blitz" bottom three teams into submission

He has nothing left to offer. That is the reason why he has to go NOW, not in three games, NOW.

Those kids that played at half-time had better tactics than we did. Embarrassing. Pisses me off that nobody in the media cares. Listening to talkSPORT and Alan "smugtwat" Brazil going on about Villa fans throwing their toys out of the pram. **** right off. We do not deserve this. 2 years now we have had to put up with shit and just when it couldn't get any worse we hire the manager from our biggest rivals after just getting them relegated using horrific tactics.

Now we are close to going down too and McLeish still seems immune to any abuse. "He's got no money to spend." **** off, he spent £17m in the summer on a crap RB, a winger who needs managing to get the best out of him and a GK who is class. He also loaned in a Premiership CM, just shit that McLeish picked one with glass legs. He signed 4 players in the summer, he has put quite a big stamp on the squad and we are still hearing excuse after excuse. McLeish still being in charge makes me so angry.

McLeish OUT.

Also, I couldnt get on here last night due to the post game meltdown. I did though think it worthwhile emailing here to ask if anybody had actually checked McLeishes claims to be a football manager. As yet, no reply! :wink:

customercomplaints@avfc.co.uk

Maybe a few more emails into here might help get the message across! :wave:

whoever has a season ticket should rip it up and throw it in mcleishs face

Its a plastic card, i will cut it up and cut his throat!!!

Thats bastard insulted every fan of Aston Villa last night!! He has not even been with us a year so how the **** can he turn around and say...

"there was nobody in that ground who was more disapointed than me!!!"

Angry isnt the word! Sack him now and get mcdonald in as he will have the knowledge and the respect to get the best out of the players, even if we go doen I want him in charge AND WILL RENEW MY SEASON TICKET.

20th highest paid manager in the world!!!!! :shock:

Also, I couldnt get on here last night due to the post game meltdown. I did though think it worthwhile emailing here to ask if anybody had actually checked McLeishes claims to be a football manager. As yet, no reply! :wink:

customercomplaints@avfc.co.uk

Maybe a few more emails into here might help get the message across! :wave:

I e-mailed Paul Faulkner and asked him if he still thought Europe was realistic and that McLeish was the best man for the job. I've also called Nicky Keyes's direct line and left her a message to call me.

Won't hold my breath but if they do extend the courtesy of replying I'm going to let rip.

If we sack him now and still go down I'll still be happier than keeping him and thinking about what might have been.

KMAC would at least get us trying and could it really be any worse than our current form anyway? We are shit at every aspect of football. We need a lift, the players need a lift. Sack him NOW.

The players didn't want the ball,

True enough statement that, in the 2nd half a few started to hide. Not super obvious unless you are looking hard for it but some were, it only takes a few inch's to make the pass not possible. To be fair, once the ground turned you need better / older players to get through that.

The only possible route is to get sid / mac in now, there is no other soltution.

If they don't play for Sid they won't play for anyone. (Sid must be crying inside watching it last night, think of the night games he was in and the atmosphere in VP compared to what it is now.)

I feel ill, not joking. Stressed to the max with work and the Villa. Headache all around my head and its all I think about.

I went onto the match thread and expected something like 15 pages of rants, excuses, threats of damage to the manager and found only three pages.

As i have already stated in that thread this morning, only three pages in the match thread would suggest to me that the penny has finally dropped with the majority here that there is the very real possibility of us now being relegated and most of us at the moment are stunned into silence.

I actually stated at the start of the season that relegation was a distinct possibility given the lack of quality in our squad and we needed to add to that squad in January. I again stated in January that we needed to purchase another striker to cover for the possibility of Bent becoming injured as our other strikers weren't good enough. We did neither and are now suffering the consequences! The signing of Keane would have been good enough if his loan period had been to the end of the season and i have no doubt whatsoever if that had been the case, barring injury, we would have enough points by now to be planning for next season in the Premiership!

Injuries to key players haven't helped. The chairman cost cutting at exactly the wrong time hasn't helped either and he has taken an awful risk with our club by thinking, hoping that our existing squad and youth would be good enough to allow him to do that.

Lerner has also got his managerial appointments wrong. GH without the health problems, would, i believe have moved the club forward in the right way. But he did have a history of health problems and shouldn't have been appointed for that reason.

But it is his appointment of McLeish which has damaged this club to the point of relegation. I have defended McLeish on certain points on this forum believing that he has been a 'victim of circumstance' and i still believe that to a certain extent, but i cannot excuse the way in which he has used the players available to him.

For me it was the way he set the team up against Man U. Dwight Yorke stated on Sky Sports that it was a 'free hit' for our team against Man U as no-one expected us to beat them so we should play a formation that would allow us to attack them. McLeish set us up to keep the score down and apart from the Weiman chance, we showed no attacking intend at all. Whatever team you put out you must still pose a threat to the opposing team. We posed no threat at all and got a tanking into the bargain.

After the result last night against a very poor Bolton team, for the very first time i'm now in the 'McLeish Out' camp and if it happens before the weekend then either promoting within or bringing in someone else, i believe we can still save our Premiership status.

I e-mailed Paul Faulkner and asked him if he still thought Europe was realistic and that McLeish was the best man for the job. I've also called Nicky Keyes's direct line and left her a message to call me.

Won't hold my breath but if they do extend the courtesy of replying I'm going to let rip.

Which will achieve what, exactly?

Faulkner will hold the 'backing the manager' line until the moment that he is no longer with the club, that is just normal business practice.

As I understand it Nicky Keye has been very helpful to fellow supporters on a one to one customer facing basis. By all accounts she does a very good job and, as she has absolutely nothing to do with decision making powerbase of the club, why does she deserve to be on the end of your 'letting rip'?

She is somebody's wife/daughter/mother/sister just doing her job. Leave her alone.

Â