The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I was very against his appointment mainly for his atrocious record with Blues but I somewhat warmed to him as he set about his task with what I viewed as courage in the face of the opposition.

After watching his performances in the past week though, he has lost me totally.

The contrast between his after-match rambling excuses for the disgraceful team performance today and Mick McCarthy's apology to Wolves fans was marked.

McLeish is a man under pressure and the mask is slipping. Singling out Ireland and N'Zogbia when they were beginning to show form was inexplicible. Picking Heskey in midfield, Hutton and Collins getting a free pass despite costing us every time they set foot on the pitch is depressing.

He needs to go NOW!

I agree. It also pisses me off that people keep on going on about how he's a nice man. He's not. Oh yeah, and most importantly of all he's a diabolical manager.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its getting the stage where you can't beleive a word he says:-

1. Iam not a negative manager

2. We working hard in training - things will change..

and his biggest whopper

3.I believe i will be spending big in the summer

Yeah right

He made some bad decisions as manager today and doesn't seem to recognise that.

One thing he did get right was dropping Warnock and not bringing him on as sub when Dunne was injured.

Give him a bit of cfor that, I suppose.

I thought it was a good move (Cuellar was solid at LB) but with him it's always 1 step forward 2 steps back. He made the right decision by dropping Warnock but then plays Heskey on the wing and sets up to to draw.

The Next four games will prove McLeish's worth as manager, away to Wigan & Blackburn, then at home to Fulham & Bolton.. Think we should wait off judgement til then, no shame in losing to top of the table 1-0.

The shame doesn't come from losing 1-0 to the team that are top of the table. The shame comes from not even trying!

McLeish is not the problem but he is part of a bigger problem and it is very harsh to say he is the only problem.

Here is what I think our problems are

- Our back 4 is inconsistent.

- We only have Ireland who is comfortable passing the ball

- Gabby is not 100% fit leaving N'Zogbia with our only pace out wide

- Our fullbacks are not good enough and they need help from the wingers, Our wingers don't have the defensive abilities to help

- Manager not playing to what strengths we do have

- Players lacking the confidence especially at home

- Lack of investment on new players this season and having in 5 mangers in 2 years

Under MON we had a good back four to soak up pressure, we had Milner and Barry who could keep the ball and pace on the wings. That is why counter attacking football worked

The Next four games will prove McLeish's worth as manager, away to Wigan & Blackburn, then at home to Fulham & Bolton.. Think we should wait off judgement til then, no shame in losing to top of the table 1-0.

Theirs no shame in losing to any team.......as long as OUR team plays to win.Playing not to lose at home is a disgrace to all Villa fans!

The manner of he defeat suggests otherwise. At home we should go out with the belief that we can win. Today we were not set up to even try, and for that reason there is shame.

I didn't see the game today but Sir Graham Taylor was a bit perplexed by Our tactics from the off on radio 5. Especially the Heskey on right wing thing.

it was so we could play long diagonal balls up to him and he could beat kolarov and flick it on to bent/keane for us to score

the fact that we can't accurately play diagonal balls / man city doubled up on heskey and constantly beat him in the air / bent and keane played 20m away from him probably wasn't shown on ecks drawing board

god knows why Mancini didn't go with Richards and clichey today we'd have been slaughtered

Anyone got a link to his post match interview?

Try Skysports mate!

It well worth a watch?

The guy is a deluded fucktard, he thinks the tactics and set up of the side were excellent today!!??? According to him we were 'unlucky' not to get a point?

I think he was watching another game to the rest of us!! He was very defensive though and the guy from sky kept asking him what we need to do to break the poor run of home games we have had? Eck said win the next one? Sky Guy asked 'How you going to do that'! You could see the hate on Eck's face and hear the pressure in his voice! The ginger prick is starting to crack!

Gutted, Another spineless weak poor home performance brought to us by Mcluless and co.

**** off now, Lerner you must be stupid after spending a fortune on Villa you let people like this dog into the club.

If you (Lerner) can't do the right thing then you too need to **** off and get someone in who can!

We are now in a massive battle to stay up, if we do stay up I very much doubt it will have anything to do with Mclueless's tactic's and a lot to do with how bad those teams below us are.

I have no problem with losing a game, that's football but this continual giving up before a ball is kicked really pisses me off.

He made some bad decisions as manager today and doesn't seem to recognise that.

One thing he did get right was dropping Warnock and not bringing him on as sub when Dunne was injured.

Give him a bit of cfor that, I suppose.

I thought it was a good move (Cuellar was solid at LB) but with him it's always 1 step forward 2 steps back. He made the right decision by dropping Warnock but then plays Heskey on the wing and sets up to to draw.

I know, freaking frustrating.

Bar the last 5 minutes we didn't even try, Still McLeish is probably quite pleased since that was the plan all along.

Really really HATE to say i told you so, McLeish is the most predictable sorry excuse for a manager this league will ever see

Â