The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think that that's what McLeish has advised the players to do?

Is there not also a chance that it could be due to the poor movement/ lack of ability of our players?

At times Yesterday, Me and the guys around Me were screaming at some of the players to work harder.

On another day, with a few better players (or our current players a few years younger), we could easily have got a point or more against a top City side.

That's exactly what we did against Man City last year, when we won 1-0. I'm disappointed at the loss, and I would love us to be the next Arsenal (or even try to play like Swansea) but is it completely McLeish's fault that the players didn't take their chances?

Can't remember a decent opportunity on goal until Cuellar and Bent right at the end. I don't think Hart touched the ball for about 20 minutes in the second half period. I don't think anybody is expecting to go and attack Man City as we would have got picked off, but I didn't see anything to suggest we were trying to play on the counter attack.

What summed it up was the time wasting from goal kicks and throw ins in the first half. An absolute disgrace. I wouldn't have liked to believe McLeish told them to do this but all the evidence seems to suggest otherwise. Bent was far too deep in the first half, I can't believe he told himself he was going to play there. Albrighton on the left and Heskey on the right was completely clueless. Kolarov is suspect defensively and we should have put Albrighton or N'Zogbia out there to attack him. As it was he was allowed to play like a left winger.

The tactics were awful yesterday and only one result was going to occur, despite what McLeish might claim. The bloke is a negative, boring manager. That was one of the first times yesterday I sat at the game (in the first half) thoroughly bored and thinking of something else I had to do when I got home. It is the attitude that the bloke has installed into Villa Park and the sooner he is gone the better.

Is anyone else losing interest at a rapid rate?

Indeed. What makes it worse, as much as I'd love for McLeish to go, the prospect of his replacement terrifies me. Watch us end up with Steve Bruce if it ever happens.

McCarthy is available, cant remember who it is that likes him on here.

Indeed. What makes it worse, as much as I'd love for McLeish to go, the prospect of his replacement terrifies me. Watch us end up with Steve Bruce if it ever happens.

tumblr_ln95hipoHB1qj5vevo1_500.gif

TBH my interest has dwindled to not even bothering to watch it on Sky. I have recently taken Sky Sports on a deal, but I don't want to watch us, partly because I fear it ruining my day. I have a young family, and I don't want to walk around like a bear with a sore head all day. My sports channel will mainly be on for watching the Golf and F1.

. Knowing our luck McLeish will take him on as an assistant and really finish us off.

Yep, big time. ST Holder, didn't go yesterday because I didn't fancy the 150 mile round trip to watch (in the freezing cold) what I knew would be another limp peformance against one of the big guns, and opted to stay in and watch the game on sky whilst eating Fajita's with the heating on.

Not interested in anyone who thinks because of that I'm a rubbish supporter, the fact is, Randy already has my money...

would people be happy if he takes us to 8th this season?

or are people now so unhappy with AMC in general, that its irrelevant what he does from here onwards?

Irrelevant...

I would rather finish 17th with good attacking football, intent and excitement than 7th playing snoring Anti football.

In the grand scheme of things, a 1-0 loss to Man City isn't bad. Many people were going to the game assuming we would be completely turned over.

Perhaps Heskey's physical presence did help with the defensive side of things?

My opinion is that McLeish made a good choice in dropping Warnock, and a clever alteration by bringing Cuellar in (he could have easily put Baker, Lichaj, Hutton or Stevens at left back).

The midfield was set up well, Albrighton back to fitness to hit them on the couner, Petrov & Gardner (presumably because Clark was injured?) in the middle, but then Heskey on the right was slightly less attacking than many of us would have liked.

But then we did play with Bent & Keane up top.

If we'd have played Albrighton, Bent, Keane & N'Zogbia OR Ireland with only Petrov & Gardner in the middle and we'd have been trounced 5-0 or 6-0, then people would just be slating him for going too 'Gung Ho' and not giving Petrov or Gardner enough cover. I really don't think he can win.

We contained them until their goal, and we did have attempts on goal ourselves.

City looked like they wanted to just keep possession for most of the game, even when it was 0-0. Our players did work hard to get the ball back - mostly Keano! But we lost to one poorly defended corner.

I came away from the game thinking we could have had a point, and that would have been more than most of us had expected.

I understand people's frustrations that we didn't attack more, but I really don't understand the anger at losing a game 1-0 when we did attack, we did have chances on target and we did contain them for the majority of the game.

He does really need to pick up some points in the next few games though, if he doesn't then we are going to be dangerously close to the drop.

That's a very sad and slightly pathetic argument. You're basically advocating McCleish's white flag tactics. We're going to get beat so let's make it by only 1 or 2. That's just awful. I don't think anyone is deluded enough to think we aren't underdogs against the likes of Man City or Man Utd but that white flag mentality is nothing but damaging. how do you think the players feel having to play 90 minutes set up to keep the score down. Surely the likes of Ireland, NZogbia, Bent etc.. are not going to feel great knowing the manager has no trust in them producing anything against the better teams. How would you feel if your boss said this is a difficult job today and you're not up to it go and have a sit down while I bring in the cloggers, oh and it's your own fault for trying to be creative. McCleish has to wise up or ship out. Simple as that.

I'd rather we lost 3 or 4 - 1 and have had a few periods of decent football than see the demoralising garbage served up yesterday.

Yep, big time. ST Holder, didn't go yesterday because I didn't fancy the 150 mile round trip to watch (in the freezing cold) what I knew would be another limp peformance against one of the big guns, and opted to stay in and watch the game on sky whilst eating Fajita's with the heating on.

Not interested in anyone who thinks because of that I'm a rubbish supporter, the fact is, Randy already has my money...

Chicken or beef fajitas ?

or are people now so unhappy with AMC in general, that its irrelevant what he does from here onwards?

Finishing 8th would be a good league finish, however for me I still wouldn't want him here for 2 reasons.

1) for me he's shown at his time with blues and with us that he's not the manager to build a competitive team on a limited budget.

2) even if we have a strong finish to the season the moment we start playing poorly next season the negative vibes amongst the fans will appear.

After paying MON and then houllier I do worry that not wanting to pay more compensation will be a reason for Lerner to keep him on.

Yep. Was really thinking of not going yesterday.

We've got season tickets, I can't make some games so my sister uses the ticket (who used to be a season ticket holder when she was younger). My old man has been going down since 1960(ish) and didn't go to the QPR game for the same reasons.

Sad really what we have become under the management.

Finishing 8th would be a good league finish, however for me I still wouldn't want him here for 2 reasons.

1) for me he's shown at his time with blues and with us that he's not the manager to build a competitive team on a limited budget.

2) even if we have a strong finish to the season the moment we start playing poorly next season the negative vibes amongst the fans will appear.

After paying MON and then houllier I do worry that not wanting to pay more compensation will be a reason for Lerner to keep him on.

Houllier left by mutual consent.

Our peformances in front of television camera's this season have been nothing short of shocking. Just saw a Spurs fan post this on Guardian.

I've watched Villa a few times on the box and saw them at Spurs this season. Their performance could only be described as meek. I was robbed of the joy of victory because how can you claim to have beaten someone if they haven't even tried to play? Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn et al maybe at the bottom but they cannot be faulted for effort. Villa were pathetic. They play as if Mccleish has instructed them to Get out there, roll over, and die.

What's strange is they actually have a good squad of players. Villa fans-what the **** is going on over there?

When trying to defend McLiesh this past week, I wasn't expecting him to revert back to the way set up the team vs Spurs again. I thought he had learnt from his mistakes. Really can't defend some our performances under McLiesh.

What do people recon it would take for McLiesh to get sacked?

Â