The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Just went on YouTube while I was having a bath and watched the 1992/1993 season review.

For 15 minutes watching that, it reminded me why I am a Villa fan. Big Ron, Dalian & Deano, Yorkie etc... yeah, they bottled the League that year but in every game they had a go.

Then I dug out the 95/96 review when badger Little was here. Again, bottled a couple of big games - mainly vs Liverpool - but had a good go.

Then I watched the Villa 3-2 Leeds Utd FA Cup game from '99 and Villa 5-1 Birmingham from the O'Neill reign.

My conclusions - Villa are, through the years, an exciting side that will have a go. Attacking players were the life & soul of this club - Saunders, Yorke, Dublin, Merson, Houghton, Carbone, Daley, Young, Angel etc...

Then I thought about this season. What game have I enjoyed? I am struggling to think of any. Like another poster said, since then I have been bored of it. Even beating Chelsea held not as much joy as it should, as I viewed it as 'luck' and Chelsea being woeful.

While I appreciate the game has moved on and their is a larger divide in the League these days - due to money - it sickens me to think of what Mcleish has said after that today and the implications. We won't see the likes of a Carbone or a Merson again. Instead, we will have to endure turgid players, who want to 'battle' and whose main aim is to stop the other team playing. I can see him trying to sign Barry Ferguson this summer and let's be honest, while he's here, that's about the caliber of player we'll see.

I said it before, I will say it again. Get in Alan Curbishley. He won't cost anything, he'd probably take a deal till' the summer, he knows this club and he will at least set up this Villa side to have a go.

well said!!!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Des Kelly thing, I saw that.

How about getting a fan from every other Premiership club and make them sit and watch-back the game today.

Then, at the end, ask how many would like to have Mcleish at their club. I would bet my balls that no-one would want him. 110% guaranteed.

On the Des Kelly thing, I saw that.

How about getting a fan from every other Premiership club and make them sit and watch-back the game today.

Then, at the end, ask how many would like to have Mcleish at their club. I would bet my balls that no-one would want him. 110% guaranteed.

lmao well done my friend, on the other had lets get a fan from every champioship side and see what they have to say, bet the majority will say we ent that desperate, lol

Do you think Eck would survive if we lose our next two games?? I can imagine a pretty hostile atmosphere for the Fulham game if we dont get at least 3 points in one of them...

i think he would, and i dont know why i think this, i just dont think after paying 3 odd million compo to shity they man enough to bit the bullet and admit they were wrong

Do you think Eck would survive if we lose our next two games?? I can imagine a pretty hostile atmosphere for the Fulham game if we dont get at least 3 points in one of them...

Probably, cos' Lerner is as deluded as Mcleish.

I seriously believe we could lose 12-0 and Mcleish would still be here.

What needs to happen is at the next home game, no-one go - and I mean NO-ONE. See what Lerner thinks of that.

Probably, cos' Lerner is as deluded as Mcleish.

I seriously believe we could lose 12-0 and Mcleish would still be here.

What needs to happen is at the next home game, no-one go - and I mean NO-ONE. See what Lerner thinks of that.

i would have though the drop in our averge ttendance would have done that, but it hasnt, average this season i think is 34000ish compared to last season 37500ish, as far as i can remember there hasnt been a sell out this sason

Personally I can't wait for the Fulham game.

Either we will do reasonably well against Wigan and Blackburn and get a few points on the board to set us up for stringing a few results together or we will get done and the fun will start as McLeish will have to put on his tin hat if things aren't going well against Fulham.

Should be fun. Watch this space.

I just watched the after match interview and it was disturbing stuff...

What I also dont understand is how he keeps blaming individual mistakes?! Surely if we defend all game and are under constant pressure the likelyhood is that mistakes will be made during that length of time... It really beggars belief If im being honest.

What I also dont understand is how he keeps blaming individual mistakes?! Surely if we defend all game and are under constant pressure the likelyhood is that mistakes will be made during that length of time... It really beggars belief If im being honest.

best form of defense is attack! that dosnt mean throw eveyone forward, controlled atacking, not leaving urself short at the back player drop back covering players going forward, ECK idea of a good at attack is getting ur center halfs and keeper to time wast in the first half, JOKE

best form of defense is attack! that dosnt mean throw eveyone forward, controlled atacking, not leaving urself short at the back player drop back covering players going forward, ECK idea of a good at attack is getting ur center halfs and keeper to time wast in the first half, JOKE

ANTI FOOTBALL at its best :nod:

Its hard to believe managers like this still exist with this kind of mentality. Cant Eck go and watch Swansea and Rogers and learn some lessons from how they play?? :o

I thought he looked\sounded like a man under pressure in the after match interview.

I bet McLeish is grateful for the likes of Mick McCarthy.

At least he won't be the favourite for the 'sack in the morning' this week.

I was very against his appointment mainly for his atrocious record with Blues but I somewhat warmed to him as he set about his task with what I viewed as courage in the face of the opposition.

After watching his performances in the past week though, he has lost me totally.

The contrast between his after-match rambling excuses for the disgraceful team performance today and Mick McCarthy's apology to Wolves fans was marked.

McLeish is a man under pressure and the mask is slipping. Singling out Ireland and N'Zogbia when they were beginning to show form was inexplicible. Picking Heskey in midfield, Hutton and Collins getting a free pass despite costing us every time they set foot on the pitch is depressing.

He needs to go NOW!

I could write a long thoughtful post weighing the pros and cons of McLeish and how we should give him time and see what happens. But **** it, get him out of our club. He will do no good here, he hasnt the ability to do well.

I could write a long thoughtful post weighing the pros and cons of McLeish and how we should give him time and see what happens. But **** it, get him out of our club. He will do no good here, he hasnt the ability to do well.

Good thoughts there,please lets not swear on forums as others dont like it I know people are upset and passion about their club.

Â