The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That in his opinion, a defeat to Man City was entirely acceptable and pretty much to be expected.

Check the first few pages in the match thread - hes not on his own.

The rest of your post - I agree with.

He's not on his own because of him, not in spite of him. He has driven this negative attitude into the very foundations of the club. Thanks to Eck none of us believe anymore, even myself and I've always been considered a glass half full kind of guy.

Say what you like about O'Neill but we would enter a game like this thinking we had a chance. Even under Ged, by this time there were signs. The 3-1 defeat to United for example was around the same time of year. It was around about now we seemed to start turning the corner.

How much longer are we to wait?

Yep, I have to say you are spot on there

Good to read other teams opinions of our club/manager. If you can ignore the bent hating then every post on mcleish is spot on here.

Sunderland forum

What on earth were Villa thinking appointing McLeish? Such an average manager. I see a similar situation to Birmingham last season; not spectacularly bad, just boring as ****. I fancy a few quid on them going down.

To be fair like, just before we sacked Bruce we had the same team we do now but they were playing shite. How poor Villa look is probably more down to the manager i would imagine.

That in his opinion, a defeat to Man City was entirely acceptable and pretty much to be expected.

Check the first few pages in the match thread - hes not on his own.

The rest of your post - I agree with.

He's not on his own because of him, not in spite of him. He has driven this negative attitude into the very foundations of the club.

Say what you like about O'Neill but we would enter a game like this thinking we had a chance. Even under Ged, by this time there were signs. The 3-1 defeat to United for example. Thanks to Eck none of us believe anymore.

Absolutely spot on DDID. Our expectations have been lowered to such a degree that its become ok that we accept defeat. It's not good enough. 15th place isn't good enough. It's pathetic, despite the number of players we have released, sold etc. Terrible appointment. Any football fan looking at the league table will equate the current league table to the McLeish ability factor, 15th and in yet another relegation scrap.

Indeed and I don't for one second believe we have the 15th best squad in the league. It should finish 9th-11th, I would bet my arse on us not achieving that. It's fine to say we're under preforming because we're in transition, I'd buy that. But what are we transitioning towards? We're currently the worst club in the league outside of the absolute dregs. We're a million miles away in terms of style and performance from the likes of Norwich, Everton, Swansea and Fulham yet we have at least in my opinion a significantly better squad. Throw Stoke and Sunderland in there and even the **** Baggies (can you see us beating ANYONE 5-1 under this clown?) and we should be near the top of the mid table battleground, not languishing at the back hoping to not get sucked in with the real shite.

Worse than being worried, I'm bored. Worse points-per-game record than Taylor MkII and we've not won at home since bonfire night and I can't even muster up the energy to protest to be honest. What's the point, they don't listen. I'll just turn off until it changes, bury my head in the sand.

**** it. It's only a game.

It really is unbelievable how far we've sunk in the past two years (not looking to get in to a debate regarding our previous manager). It just makes me sad and angry what has happened in those two years and it looks like things are only going to get worse. **** football.

I guess the only thing we can hope for this season is that we don't get relegated because I don't think Lerner is going to sack McLeish anytime soon. Maybe something will happen in the summer but in the meantime is our only choice sit and watch the utter crap that is being served up week in and week out?

I know people don't like protests but surely we have to show the owner and people in charge somehow that we actually fear for what is going on at Villa?

My biggest worry is that it really doesn't matter who McLeish brings in player wise we will never be an attacking side under him. He has Bent, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Gabby et al and we still look like Brum did last season. He could turn Barca into a Championship side given enough time.

I really do want rid now at all costs.

DDID, again, I agree. I'm completely apathetic to it. Lower the expectations and they'll not bother moaning. Villa are in a mess. It really needs a Graham Taylor mark 1 to come and shake it up, show Randy how a football club is supposed to be run. A real "don't clip my wings" type speech to get the board onside. McLeish is clearly a yes man, having allowed so many of these players to leave the club on his watch. It's ok telling the fans that we are in a transition season, but as you say, what are we heading towards? The only thing I see is relegation scrap after relegation scrap, and one day he'll succeed.

mclieshs scout returned back from a tour and reported to AM that he had found a excellent striker who would be a great signing, and would score a few goals. alexs turned to him and said yea but can he defend, just got sent through by a nose, spot on if you ask me, i wouldnt even put it past him

Villa Park used to be a place where the top 4 would hate to come and we had a real chance of taking points off them.

Now they come here and we don't even attempt to attack, it's just a case of when we'll concede and the opposition have no worry at all.

We are in trouble, we might not go down but we cannot buy a win and averaging one win every 4 games will not be good enough. We don't look like scoring but always look like letting goals in. I didn't think we would get relegated a few weeks ago (finishing below mid table) but i'm getting twitchy.

We are small heath, no point denying it.

All the stuff about McLeish "having" to play that way there due to the squad he had, bullshit.

Not playing Gabby on the wing. Bullshit.

The fact he is not a defensive manager. Bullshit.

The fact that the type of performance given today was and is "excellent". Bullshit.

Dunne saying he is the right man for the job. Bullshit.

The club is in danger of turning into one big propoganda machine with a fool driving it down. Randy and his team need to appreciate that with all due respect to Americans, we dont bite on everything we are told. We want to believe in the dream, but we recognise a nightmare.

The sooner that McLeish and Faulkner are gone the better. People think we will not go down, that is a dangerious thought to have.

We are small heath, no point denying it.

All the stuff about McLeish "having" to play that way there due to the squad he had, bullshit.

Not playing Gabby on the wing. Bullshit.

The fact he is not a defensive manager. Bullshit.

The fact that the type of performance given today was and is "excellent". Bullshit.

Dunne saying he is the right man for the job. Bullshit.

The club is in danger of turning into one big propoganda machine with a fool driving it down. Randy and his team need to appreciate that with all due respect to Americans, we dont bite on everything we are told. We want to believe in the dream, but we recognise a nightmare.

The sooner that McLeish and Faulkner are gone the better. People think we will not go down, that is a dangerious thought to have.

Agree with this... I'm worried BIG TIME... next 4 games will define our season.

For the first time since supporting Villa, I'm getting a horrible feeling when we lose. 'Well at least it's one game closer to the sack for McLeish' ...it's not one any supporter should have and people will say how can you feel it, in fact....I'm pretty sure I did it last year when people said that about Houllier but I just can't take any of it. The football is horrible, he's actually made me dislike pretty much all of our players. There is nothing exciting about us. The results most importantly aren't there. This is just sickening to watch and so frustrating. Please, please, please get rid of this man. I don't even look forward to our games anymore.

I actually felt physically sick watching us today it was disgusting how our so called "manager" set us up too play...

NOTHING has changed since QPR were chanting "Boring, Boring Villa" to us at the start of the season and its the same boring negative shite!!

Swansea put us to shame lads and one of the biggest clubs in the country - The heart of Aston Villa is being ripped out by Eck

Â