The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed the amount of time that we were trying to waste over goal kicks and throw ins in the first half today. Awful at home whoever we were playing. McLeish 'I'm not a negative manager'. Pull the other one.

i noticed duney kicked the ball away from given when it was our goal kick, i couldnt believe what i was seing, half hour gone in the first half and were time wasting, was this an order from mcliesh? if i was manger and seen tis i would be furious

Noticed the amount of time that we were trying to waste over goal kicks and throw ins in the first half today. Awful at home whoever we were playing. McLeish 'I'm not a negative manager'. Pull the other one.

i noticed duney kicked the ball away from given when it was our goal kick, i couldnt believe what i was seing, half hour gone in the first half and were time wasting, was this an order from mcliesh? if i was manger and seen tis i would be furious

I nearly posted that just a few minutes ago! It was clearly deliberate as well. Unbelievable stuff really.

But you know what I actually think he believes the tripe he spouts about not being a defensive manager. He's delusional at best.

i didnt see todays game but based on the piss poor excuses this ginger idiot manager we are lumbered with comes up with, he will no doubt say he was trying to get the players playing attacking football

i think it was summed up in his speech about the possible protests saying about the silent majority supporting him ( bullshit) but i will try and find the quote, he said something like

its my team i make it happen , or something like that. it was something which i was going to post previously, so there can be no illusions as to who sets up the team and gets them to play, he admitted it was him and him alone.

im going to find the quote, it was only the other day

here we go

'It's a minority and something out of my control. But the one thing I can control is the team and what effort they put in to get the best out of them because I am pretty good at that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2099424/Alex-McLeish-worried-Aston-Villa-fans-protest.html#ixzz1mCvHWdvr

I'm sick of fighting with the wife and shouting at the kids after every villa game...mcleish out for **** sake!!!

im otally with you, atleast this was a 4 oclock kick off and not 1 oclock only a few hours afer getting home i can go to bed, lol and lay here awake all night thining abot how bad we actually are

its damaging my health

Taken from a post on Sky Sports web site regarding the Villa v Man City game.

What game was he watching? If city had had any luck in the first half they would have been home and dry by then. I am glad I am not a Villa fan because if I was asked to watch that every week I would cry. They only woke up when they went behind

This poor bastard had to watch it in High Definition on TV!!

What game was he watching? If city had had any luck in the first half they would have been home and dry by then. I am glad I am not a Villa fan because if I was asked to watch that every week I would cry. They only woke up when they went behind

ECKin hell they mite be mancs, but this one ent stupid, lol hit the nail on the head

i didnt see todays game but based on the piss poor excuses this ginger idiot manager we are lumbered with comes up with, he will no doubt say he was trying to get the players playing attacking football

i think it was summed up in his speech about the possible protests saying about the silent majority supporting him ( bullshit) but i will try and find the quote, he said something like

its my team i make it happen , or something like that. it was something which i was going to post previously, so there can be no illusions as to who sets up the team and gets them to play, he admitted it was him and him alone.

here we go

'It's a minority and something out of my control. But the one thing I can control is the team and what effort they put in to get the best out of them because I am pretty good at that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2099424/Alex-McLeish-worried-Aston-Villa-fans-protest.html#ixzz1mCvHWdvr

Did you read the Des Kelly bit as well, telling Villa fans to get real? Clueless twunt. We're 15th FFS, massive club being cluelessly driven by complete idiots. I was so angry, I almost emailed him to give him some facts but then I thought, sod it, I'll just not buy the crap wrag again.

Jesus we are a laughing stock for all those who watch us...and who could argue :(

He is NOT going to change...

Thankfully it could be win win in the next two games for us as Villa fans. Win and pick up points and we are almost safe!! Or otherwise if we dont pick up points Randy will have no option but to sack Eck him

here we go

he lives in an absolute dream world

A very good point.

I never thought I'd see the day a villa goalie would be time wasting, at home, in the first half !!

Oh Alex why couldn't you have proven us all wrong?

he hasnt got the minerals lol

The strangest thing is for probably the first time ever about 99% of Villa fans are all saying 'we told you so'!

I don't think ever in my history of following football have I seen so many fans against an appointment of a manager to then be proven correct in thier objections.

Please correct me if I'm wrong?

It's an embarrassment. I hand on heart didn't even feel this disillusioned as a fan under deadly Doug.

Oh Alex why couldn't you have proven us all wrong?

he hasnt got the minerals lol

The strangest thing is for probably the first time ever about 99% of Villa fans are all saying 'we told you so'!

I don't think ever in my history of following football have I seen so many fans against an appointment of a manager to then be proven correct in thier objections.

Please correct me if I'm wrong?

It's an embarrassment. I hand on heart didn't even feel this disillusioned as a fan under deadly Doug.

this is correct, as i have always saaid the fans know what is good for the club, in our case, yea he did come from the shity but that ent the reason why 99% of fans were aganst, ive got friends who are shity fans, work mates, and i had to listen to them every monday morning at work or in the pub on a fryday night. and they all said the same thing, boaring defensive football, trying to feed of scraps. and when i watched them play i seen what they were saying. he hasnt got a clue tactialy

doug know football inside out, he loves aston villa football club, he mite not have give the money out as much as we would have likedb but made fair decisions when appointing managers, he loved the club that much he wouldnt sell to carson young before he brought the blues, he know it was the wrong decision for the club.

Its so sad to see how many steps back we have taken again this season.

For the first time in a long time (since dol) i really worry about where villas next win will come from.

AM is watching a different game to everyone else and cant see how bad we really are.

Just went on YouTube while I was having a bath and watched the 1992/1993 season review.

For 15 minutes watching that, it reminded me why I am a Villa fan. Big Ron, Dalian & Deano, Yorkie etc... yeah, they bottled the League that year but in every game they had a go.

Then I dug out the 95/96 review when badger Little was here. Again, bottled a couple of big games - mainly vs Liverpool - but had a good go.

Then I watched the Villa 3-2 Leeds Utd FA Cup game from '99 and Villa 5-1 Birmingham from the O'Neill reign.

My conclusions - Villa are, through the years, an exciting side that will have a go. Attacking players were the life & soul of this club - Saunders, Yorke, Dublin, Merson, Houghton, Carbone, Daley, Young, Angel etc...

Then I thought about this season. What game have I enjoyed? I am struggling to think of any. Like another poster said, since then I have been bored of it. Even beating Chelsea held not as much joy as it should, as I viewed it as 'luck' and Chelsea being woeful.

While I appreciate the game has moved on and their is a larger divide in the League these days - due to money - it sickens me to think of what Mcleish has said after that today and the implications. We won't see the likes of a Carbone or a Merson again. Instead, we will have to endure turgid players, who want to 'battle' and whose main aim is to stop the other team playing. I can see him trying to sign Barry Ferguson this summer and let's be honest, while he's here, that's about the caliber of player we'll see.

I said it before, I will say it again. Get in Alan Curbishley. He won't cost anything, he'd probably take a deal till' the summer, he knows this club and he will at least set up this Villa side to have a go.

Its so sad to see how many steps back we have taken again this season.

For the first time in a long time (since dol) i really worry about where villas next win will come from.

AM is watching a different game to everyone else and cant see how bad we really are.

hes only got defensive eyes, if he dosnt see a player back defending hes having a bad game, ECKs next signing an atacking defensive midfilder

Â