The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I don't think it matters how many times we get beat while playing in such a negative manner. He'll look at the game yesterday, along with others such as Spurs or Man U where we also didn't try and think "we did well to come out of those games having only lost by a goal or two". No matter how well we do when we attack or how poorly we do when we set out to defend he always ends up reverting back to this ultra-negative setup. God knows why. He's the manager of Aston Villa therefore wants to get the best results so why on Earth does he persist with this? This is why I want him gone no matter what happens now. He's not going to change.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think i've felt this much apathy towards Villa before. I was half tempted to turn off the TV yesterday 'cos it was so dull (I was going to go to the game but it was £47 for my usual seat). I really have just lacked any desire to take part. It's not the fact that were losing, it's the fact we're not trying to win.

I wish we'd just have a go at teams and then get beat 3-0, or win 3-0. At least it's entertainment. I know a lot of you would disagree with that, but we're not going to finish in the top6 any time soon so why not just have a go?

AMC is too scared of losing.

Is anyone else losing interest at a rapid rate?

Yep. Was really thinking of not going yesterday.

We've got season tickets, I can't make some games so my sister uses the ticket (who used to be a season ticket holder when she was younger). My old man has been going down since 1960(ish) and didn't go to the QPR game for the same reasons.

Sad really what we have become under the management.

Ive got to the stage now where everything Villa related is just meh. The list of things i'd rather do instead of watch Villa is growing by the week.

Even us winning at the moment doesnt get me excited, the Chelsea game didnt raise my spirits in the slightest because i knew it was a freak result and everything would soon turn back to piss poor football.

Im not a season ticket holder, but right now if someone offers me a ticket i would turn it down because i would rather play golf or spend the day with my boy.

For the first time in my adult life ive got to the stage where i could'nt care less what goes on at Villa, does that make me a shit fan? Again, i couldnt care less either way.

Our peformances in front of television camera's this season have been nothing short of shocking. Just saw a Spurs fan post this on Guardian.

I've watched Villa a few times on the box and saw them at Spurs this season. Their performance could only be described as meek. I was robbed of the joy of victory because how can you claim to have beaten someone if they haven't even tried to play? Wigan, Wolves, Blackburn et al maybe at the bottom but they cannot be faulted for effort. Villa were pathetic. They play as if Mccleish has instructed them to Get out there, roll over, and die.

What's strange is they actually have a good squad of players. Villa fans-what the **** is going on over there?

When trying to defend McLiesh this past week, I wasn't expecting him to revert back to the way set up the team vs Spurs again. I thought he had learnt from his mistakes. Really can't defend some our performances under McLiesh.

What do people recon it would take for McLiesh to get sacked?

This is where I stand. I was hoping he'd get sacked along side Mick for both are pretty much in the same boat. But Randy wouldn't do it sadly. It sucks not having any sort of communication with the owner, we have no clue what he feels about what's going on at the club.

all that goes through my mind is that how right the small heatheans were about him, they gloated, laughed and said we would play negative dull football

how right the were :(

look what youve brought us to alex

Ive got to the stage now where everything Villa related is just meh. The list of things i'd rather do instead of watch Villa is growing by the week.

Even us winning at the moment doesnt get me excited, the Chelsea game didnt raise my spirits in the slightest because i knew it was a freak result and everything would soon turn back to piss poor football.

Im not a season ticket holder, but right now if someone offers me a ticket i would turn it down because i would rather play golf or spend the day with my boy.

For the first time in my adult life ive got to the stage where i could'nt care less what goes on at Villa, does that make me a shit fan? Again, i couldnt care less either way.

Mentioned it before but the first half yesterday I was thoroughly bored and thought of places I should have been rather than at Villa yesterday. It's shocking the way it has become down at VP. I don't believe it is the fans, it is the tripe that we are serving up on the pitch, the fans were good yesterday, clapped the team off the pitch at half time, tried to get behind them (Citeh were fairly quiet until they scored as well).

The performances on the pitch and the way we are playing at home is unacceptable, and it stems 100% from the manager and the way he sets the team out.

We played on the counter most of the time under MON. The reason it don't work no is we had a good back four to soak up pressure, we had Milner and Barry who could keep the ball and pace on the wings. That is why counter attacking football worked

OK McLeish is not playing to our strengths but that is maybe to cover other weaknesses we have. Our full backs need help and to be fair to Albrighton he is not the best at defending

I really do think without some investment any manager will struggle, We have a unbalanced side. Weather McLeish will sign the right players is another matter but he needs a chance to have his own players and not use a squad which has been created by 3 managers in 3 seasons, all with different ideas on how we should play and what players we should buy.

We should sack him at the end of the season. It's a gamble to stick but also to twist at this stage, and we won't get the calibre of replacement that we want at the moment, and so the cycle continues. It's just bleedingly obvious to me that it should be Paul Lambert.

I would take Lambert in a heart beat.

We should sack him at the end of the season. It's a gamble to stick but also to twist at this stage, and we won't get the calibre of replacement that we want at the moment, and so the cycle continues. It's just bleedingly obvious to me that it should be Paul Lambert.

I would take Lambert in a heart beat.

Me too!

I wish the man in your avatar had all the necessary badges to manage us, I would like to see one of our own in the job if possible.

We played on the counter most of the time under MON. The reason it don't work no is we had a good back four to soak up pressure, we had Milner and Barry who could keep the ball and pace on the wings. That is why counter attacking football worked

OK McLeish is not playing to our strengths but that is maybe to cover other weaknesses we have. Our full backs need help and to be fair to Albrighton he is not the best at defending

I really do think without some investment any manager will struggle, We have a unbalanced side. Weather McLeish will sign the right players is another matter but he needs a chance to have his own players and not use a squad which has been created by 3 managers in 3 seasons, all with different ideas on how we should play and what players we should buy.

What happens if we sell all our players, being in Mcliesh own players and he fails and get sacked.. we will be stuck with crapper players then before he arrived,

look at N'zogbia for example, he is not performing and he was Mcleish's own signing, now imagine a whole team of them... Giving McLeish could spell the end of villa in the PL. Any lower than 9th will be a disappointment this season. Its looking increanisgly like than we will be hovering around the relegation zone. McLeish is not right for this club, just like Juande Ramos was not right for spurs, But was a great coach for Sevilla... McLeish is not the right coach for Villa. he doesnt suite our play and there is no point forcing McLeish and Villa, because it won't end well. He needs to go. but he is just the start of the Problem at AVFC.. If Lerner is not going to invest any more money in players, then i think there needs to be change.

Mentioned it before but the first half yesterday I was thoroughly bored and thought of places I should have been rather than at Villa yesterday. It's shocking the way it has become down at VP. I don't believe it is the fans, it is the tripe that we are serving up on the pitch, the fans were good yesterday, clapped the team off the pitch at half time, tried to get behind them (Citeh were fairly quiet until they scored as well).

The performances on the pitch and the way we are playing at home is unacceptable, and it stems 100% from the manager and the way he sets the team out.

I think a whole lot of people feel the same way as you and Wiggy. I go to the games with my Dad and Brother and we pretty much feel the same way. We don't go with the belief that we are ever going to win but it would be nice to at least think we are going to give it a right old go. Inevitably, the Villa are going to suffer as a result of this feeling amongst fans because sooner or later even the staunchest of fans is going to summon up something else to spend their £500+ on per season.

For the record, I could maybe see why McLeish played the team he did yesterday and how he planned it out. Both Sunderland and Everton have recently put in defensive, dogged displays at home against Man City and managed to sneak a 1-0 win. They did so by trying to keep City quiet and knick one on the break or from a set piece.

It's quite obvious that Heskey and Albrighton are going to be more defensively aware than Ireland and N'Zogbia. I just wonder if he would have changed those two had they not had their respective spats with the manager last week! I can understand why he went with those tactics yesterday given the situation we are in and the players at his disposal and their confidence levels.

However, I also believe that those confidence levels are only so low because of the amount of losses we have suffered in previous games this season. If he had set us up to attack more in previous games this season then maybe we would be further up the table now and playing with a lot more self belief, so he is definitely to blame in that respect!

My concern now is our ever-weakening defence. Like it or not, Dunne has been one of our better CB's this season and he is going to be out for a while by the look of it. Clark cannot come in either so that means it looks like Cuellar moving back into the centre and Warnock being put back in at left back, which terrifies me!! What happens if Cuellar or Collins gets injured in the next couple of games? This does not look good for us.

We can ill afford, with such a weakened defence and the lack of cover in front of them, to go to the likes of Blackburn and Wigan looking to not get beat - McLeish's preferred style. IMO, we MUST put the emphasis on the best part of our team and go all out attack to try to take the pressure off the back line and also get the much needed 3 points. If we can beat these two, surely they will not be able to make up 10 points on us by the end of the season.

Well my dad an I have finally made the decision to not renew our season tickets. The decision was made on the way to the game, so was not influenced by the City game, but it did reinforce the belief that we will not be missing anything. AMC has killed it for us, we just don't have fun at Villa Park anymore. We may come back in a few years, but have already booked in other stuff to do on the now free weekends. I will have been coming to the Villa for 28 years by the end of the season so I am probably due a change anyway.

Well my dad an I have finally made the decision to not renew our season tickets. The decision was made on the way to the game, so was not influenced by the City game, but it did reinforce the belief that we will not be missing anything. AMC has killed it for us, we just don't have fun at Villa Park anymore. We may come back in a few years, but have already booked in other stuff to do on the now free weekends. I will have been coming to the Villa for 28 years by the end of the season so I am probably due a change anyway.

28 years of attending support suddenly gone in the blink of an eye. Sadly there are probably many like you who feel the same.

My son and I are season ticket holders (and have been for a few years) so in excess of £1000 spent to watch dross led us to a conversation on the way back from the Man City game in which we discussed whether to bother next season.

The only reason we bothered to get a season ticket this season is because my son was 70% in favour and I was 50/50 so he swung it.

However, he didn't seem that bothered about next season when we spoke so if he is also 50/50 in the summer I think the money will win and I will spend it elsewhere.

Thanks to Alex McLeish I am now able to work on getting my golf handicap down on a Saturday afternoon.

As a lot of you have stated I too have lost total interest in attending VP. I used to go to around 30 home and away games each season, I have been to villa park 5 times this year and one away game.

I do not intend to go to any villa games ever again while McLeish is in charge. 2 decades of going to games regularly and in half a season I have been put off going to watch by beloved team.

What makes it bad for me is that insted of coming out in the media and saying we were crap he seems to think we were excellent and stuck to the game plan?? If his gameplan is bore the living daylights out of me for 90 mins he can ram it where the sun doesnt shine.

Golf is the way forward 8)

Â