The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

You said you see nothing wrong with it and I was pointing out that defending McLeish because he won't get sacked anytime soon doesn't make sense.

Protesting before the game doesn't mean not supporting the team.

Who is defending McLeish because he won't get sacked? You've completely missed my point.

Lots of people it seems.

Read through the thread. Plenty of people are saying things like "Lerner isn't going to sack him, so we might as well get behind him".

Yeah, but they're not saying, 'Lerner isn't going to sack him, so I'm going to change my opinion of him', or 'Lerner isn't going to sack him, so I'm going to defend him.'

I agree, that would be stupid, but I don't think that's what they're trying to saying.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said you see nothing wrong with it and I was pointing out that defending McLeish because he won't get sacked anytime soon doesn't make sense.

Who is defending McLeish because he won't get sacked? You've completely missed my point.

Lots of people it seems.

Read through the thread. Plenty of people are saying things like "Lerner isn't going to sack him, so we might as well get behind him".

Yeah, but they're not saying, 'Lerner isn't going to sack him, so I'm going to change my opinion of him', or 'Lerner isn't going to sack him, so I'm going to defend him.'

I agree, that would be stupid, but I don't think that's what they're trying to saying.

Err, the second one is almost exactly what they're saying.

Plenty of people are saying things like "Lerner isn't going to sack him, so we might as well get behind him".

Well we had.

Why?

Because not doing so is counter productive. Im not Darren Bents biggest fan - we know that. I still want him to do well and would never discourage him.

Lots of people it seems.

Nope. You've still not got it.

Put a fork in me, I'm done.

Lots of people it seems.

Nope. You've still not got it.

Put a fork in me, I'm done.

How is saying "McLeish isn't going anywhere so we might as well support him" any different to saying "Lerner isn't going to sack him, so I'm going to defend him"?

Im lost now mantis.
Just because some people don't support McLeish doesn't mean they wouldn't like to see him do well.

Well, the difference between Reknapp and McLeish, is that McLeish got his team straight up after the relegation, while Redknapp did not.

or in one case leaving them to rot and only making decent attempt at promotion now

Having a go at Mcleish means having a go at Lerner and its clear no matter what he does some just can't bring themselves to do this.

The same people would be defending and excusing any useless manager in charge. Lowering expectations is possibly the only skill Lerner has shown as owner of Aston Villa.

Yes, totally agree other than the millions he's put in, the three consecutive sixth placed finishes, the two Wembley appearances, the glut of England players we've had during his tenure, the renovation of the Holte Pub and surrounding area, the completion of the training ground and for a period at least the potential that we might once again become a decent team, other than that though yeah, he's done **** all.

:lol: The pub? Brilliant!!

After all that you say we find ourselves in a similar position to doug's last season in charge.

Yeah a real skilful owner to go back to low attendances, shit results, unpopular manager and relegation worry.

EXCLUSIVE: N'Zogbia feud! Winger and Villa boss McLeish in blazing row at Newcastle

Alex McLeish and Charles N'Zogbia were involved in a furious dressing-room bust-up following Aston Villa's defeat at Newcastle on Sunday.

The France international and his manager had a face-to-face confrontation in front of startled team-mates after the 2-1 defeat.

The 25-year-old winger made his feelings known on Twitter afterwards, saying he had never been so unhappy playing football.

http://tinyurl.com/6ur55t6

Reckon Gabby will play instead of N'Zogbia hence we are desperate to get Gabby fit in time for the game.

Ok, McLeish hasn't been great, but he's the manager, CNZ needs to be putting a shift in before he starts getting pissy about things. 2 or 3 decent games and a goal doesn't give him the right to kick up a stink...if Gabby or Stan did, they can, they've worked hard this year...CNZ? No chance Sweetheart, sit down.

A player like CnZ just doesn't become shit overnight he was immense at wigan playing with confidence i thought he would be a great signing then i realised McLeish would be managing him and realised he would not suit his anti football tactics if we had got Martinez he would probably be player of the season.

A player like CnZ just doesn't become shit overnight he was immense at wigan playing with confidence i thought he would be a great signing then i realised McLeish would be managing him and realised he would not suit his anti football tactics if we had got Martinez he would probably be player of the season.

He also doesn't just become stable overnight either. He's always had the temperament of a toddler.

no surprise given the supposed bust ups with ireland and nzogbia, the OS has now run an article to counter this with comments by Dunne backing mcleish.how we need to give him time to build his own team. though given Dunne knows Mcleish will pick him no matter how many **** ups he makes its not surprising he likes him.

not going to convince me though. if we fail to beat city tomorrow we wont have won at home since the 5th november! 4 losses and 2 draws. 5 scored and 10 conceded.

just to show how poor mcleish has us playing, and how conditioned people seem to be to it, a lot of people seemed happy with the 2-2 draw against QPR because we came back from 2 down and played well for 60 minutes. but that was a QPR team who had taken just 1 point from their previous 15 available away, and have since gone on to lose at home to Wolves and away to Blackburn. it really isnt good enough

if we fail to beat city tomorrow we wont have won at home since the 5th november! 4 losses and 2 draws. 5 scored and 10 conceded.

just to show how poor mcleish has us playing, and how conditioned people seem to be to it, a lot of people seemed happy with the 2-2 draw against QPR because we came back from 2 down and played well for 60 minutes. but that was a QPR team who had taken just 1 point from their previous 15 available away, and have since gone on to lose at home to Wolves and away to Blackburn. it really isnt good enough

His record is utterly diabolical and truly embarrasing.

McLeish is breaking all types of record this season.

Failure to win tomorrow will be the longest we have EVER gone without a winning a game in the topflight at home.

Diabolical manager who has exceptionally miserable record in the topflight .

Â