The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

We do not need to give him time to do anything. Are you willing to invest the future of this team to McLeish?

He is tactically naive

He is a dinosaur of management compared to innovative young coaches

His backroom staff are rumoured to be unpopular

He blames his players (even the youngsters) for everything

He has according to some accounts lost the dressing room with senior players questioning his authority

He has not won a home game for god knows how long

His premier league record is nothing short of woeful

He has no pedigree of developing young players

There is no cohesion to this team, no team pattern, no tactics I can see

Apparently the silence at VP is due to the majority of supporters supporting him (no really)

Apparently those who are against him are in the minority

We are seven points above the drop zone and their is no team ethos, no harmony

He has no record of beating relegation

Do I need to go on. I am tired of hearing limp wristed excuses regurgitated so that we have to keep answering shooting them down every five pages of this thread. I know that there are a handful of people on here who will dissect this post, isolate various points and then spend hours trawling the internet trying to counter my argument. Frankly, I dont care.

McLeish is poor, not good enough for Aston Villa and his statements are becoming increasingly bizarre. More importantly, our performances are becoming increasingly flat. No future with this guy in charge, nice guy or not.

Next season should see a root and branch analysis of the club, the coaching staff and the players and wholesale changes. We have promising youth, they need to be brought through with the type of football they are used to playing, not the type of dross the first team are delivering.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not afraid to stand up and tell people things

He has a fierce will to win too. He loves winning and hates losing. He has that winning mentality, 100%

The one thing he always gets across is this need to win, this desire to win

Someone's been on the piss :lol:

He's not afraid to stand up and tell people things

He has a fierce will to win too. He loves winning and hates losing. He has that winning mentality, 100%

The one thing he always gets across is this need to win, this desire to win

Someone's been on the piss :lol:

WTF If ANY manager does not have those traits they should never be a manager in the first!!! :shock:

Just watching Spurs now and frankly its a disgrace how much better they are than us :cry: . That reminds me when actually played at White Hart Lane Eck said that all our players should relish those types of games...

Someone needs to inform him of the great History of Aston Villa and what is expected by the fans at this famous club :evil:

You mean the same Harry Redknapp who got relegated twice?

McLeish who has the same points tally that MON managed at this point of the season with Villa in his first year?

But unlike MON is not afraid to give the youngsters a chance AND didn't have the problem of losing his two best attacking players, and most certainly doesn't have a massive cheque book to spend. IIRC in this past corresponding window he'd bought Ashley Young & swapped Baros for Carew.

Sorry this McLeish hatred is more about his past than anything else from what I can see of it, no matter what anyone says.

Look, I really don't like MON and think he's overrated, but he's a far better manager than McLeish. He didn't come into Villa with relegations and dire football on his CV like McLeish.

The dire football is the main problem. We aint going to pull up any trees so the least the fans deserve is good passing attacking football...we dont even get passing football at the back or in midfield under this manager as the possession stats prove.

We're now 14th, and that's unlikely to change after this weekend. McLeish is an absolutely dire manager, whose teams play dire football. The perfect manager in other words for dire owner Lerner. Hopefully come the summer and we'll be rid of both of them.

McLeish who has the same points tally that MON managed at this point of the season with Villa in his first year?

But unlike MON is not afraid to give the youngsters a chance AND didn't have the problem of losing his two best attacking players, and most certainly doesn't have a massive cheque book to spend. IIRC in this past corresponding window he'd bought Ashley Young & swapped Baros for Carew.

Sorry this McLeish hatred is more about his past than anything else from what I can see of it, no matter what anyone says.

I'm sorry but even though some might find it difficult to get past. I'm a Villa supporter and I don't have a burning hatred for blues. I was actually accepting of AM's appointment.

I couldn't however been more wrong.

His results, football, motivation, organisation, most of his signings have been just plain awful. To quote a Brown's 'You have me paying you every saturday to make me sad.'

His tenure is making me not look forward to games. And I've never felt like that before.

And amazingly it has f#ck all to do with his time at Birmingham city.

Ashley Young 9m......................CnZogbia.......11m

Clutch........straws

I'm sorry but even though some might find it difficult to get past. I'm a Villa supporter and I don't have a burning hatred for blues. I was actually accepting of AM's appointment.

I couldn't however been more wrong.

His results, football, motivation, organisation, most of his signings have been just plain awful. To quote a Brown's 'You have me paying you every saturday to make me sad.'

His tenure is making me not look forward to games. And I've never felt like that before.

And amazingly it has f#ck all to do with his time at Birmingham city.

I agree. People really need to stop with this "It's because of where he came from" crap.

What utter rubbish.

I am tired of seeing this utter tripe by some.

MON took over a Villa side that finished 16th. He had no preseason.

McLeish took over a side that finished 9th (which was still a big underachievemnt)with much better squad .Had a preseason , whole summer to buy his own players - including £10 million on N'Zogbia - not too shabby compared to some other sides resources.

To try and compare MON first season with this season with this diabolical manager who has a pathetic previous record in this league is utterly stupid.

Why not compare THIS season?

MON at Sunderland in 11 games has won 7.

McLeish at better Villa squad has won 6 in 24 games.

3 home games all season.

Shambles.

McLeish has a win % of less than 25% in his whole PRemier league career - a truly miserable stat.

So yes his previous rubbish record at Birmingham IS VERY RELEVANT as his record with us is a mirror image.

Wake up.

What utter rubbish.

I am tired of seeing this utter tripe by some.

MON took over a Villa side that finished 16th. He had no preseason.

McLeish took over a side that finished 9th (which was still a big underachievemnt)with much better squad .Had a preseason , whole summer to buy his own players - including £10 million on N'Zogbia - not too shabby compared to some other sides resources.

To try and compare MON first season with this season with this diabolical manager who has a pathetic previous record in this league is utterly stupid.

Why not compare THIS season?

MON at Sunderland in 11 games has won 7.

McLeish at better Villa squad has won 6 in 24 games.

3 home games all season.

Shambles.

McLeish has a win % of less than 25% in his whole PRemier league career - a truly miserable stat.

So yes his previous rubbish record at Birmingham IS VERY RELEVANT as his record with us is a mirror image.

Wake up.

All this is true and his record is awful. So why did we agree to pay this guy so much money to manage our great historic club??...In reality he should be paying us for the honour...

Just watched Spurs, a team that were behind us a few years ago and who are now way ahead of us. Just goes to show what you can achieve with a Chairman that is in attendance and knows what he is doing and a good manager that wants his team to play football.

I also caught a glimpse of that wonderful Newcastle side that some of our fans fill themselves up over and who used their 'Top 6' team status to try to justify why they beat us. Yes they are really great aren't they?

RL and AMc are doing such a wonderful job.

A very good point Julie, but don't let stats get in the way of a good old protest

Look, I really don't like MON and think he's overrated, but he's a far better manager than McLeish. He didn't come into Villa with relegations and dire football on his CV like McLeish.

The dire football is the main problem. We aint going to pull up any trees so the least the fans deserve is good passing attacking football...we dont even get passing football at the back or in midfield under this manager as the possession stats prove.

IMO The football under MON was often dire too. Particularly so in his first season.

When MON came in we had lots of hope that money would be spent (and it was) He was able by his mere presence at the club to generate good will and a feel good factor. We had a Billionaire owner who was going to do so much for the club, like get us a quality kit from Nike, he appointed men onto the board with experience and knowledge of the sports industry, we saw money being spent on BMH.

Now we have no money, a manager who seemingly inspires no one - especially his team, the billionaire owner is skint and the new kit supplier is seen by some as a backwards step (not by me) and at board level we have his old chum PF and no one else with any idea of the business.

Does that help anyone to understand why some of us are pissed off?

A very good point Julie, but don't let stats get in the way of a good old protest

McLeish is in charge of a far more capable side. Our side back then was about right for it's position, right now? we should be a match for anyone outside the top 6. Come the end of the season, we had 50 points. If McLeish is able to get 22 points from our last 14 games, it'll be nothing short of a miracle. Despite having players that should be comfortably finishing in the top half.

I disagree, I think you are overrating players such as Warnock Collins and Dunne

MON inherited a much stronger defence and who wouldn't swap the above three rotten apples for Bouma Laursen and Mellberg

Absolute no contest

Â