The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the guy spouting about facts, here is one...

HE GOT A TEAM RELEGATED TWICE

Name me another Premiership manager who has this on their CV and is currently managing a top flight club?

Harry Redknapp.

So, there's that.

For the guy spouting about facts, here is one...

HE GOT A TEAM RELEGATED TWICE

Name me another Premiership manager who has this on their CV and is currently managing a top flight club?

I think Harry Redknapp was manager when Bournemouth and Southampton were relegated.

I am not being funny, but Southampton etc... don't/didn't exactly have the resources that Mcleish has at Villa.

Redknapp got them relegated as they were poor sides with poor players. You have to work with what you have and Mcleish has a top 10 squad to work with which is currently on the brink of being dragged into a relegation scrap.

Saying that, I'd find it hard to manage a side while I was on the dodge :winkold:

Don't give me the "but..." "but..." "but...", you got your answer; now drop and give me 20.

Redknapp is ruthless. Hence how he has recovered from set-backs and is now the favourite for the England job.

Mcleish is simply a shyte manager. In a 2 team League he finished 3rd. Wonderful stuff.

Bottom line is, he should go. Not because he came from Birmingham, simply due to the fact he's inept and his record is shocking.

Don't give me the "but..." "but..." "but...", you got your answer; now drop and give me 20.

Redknapp is ruthless. Hence how he has recovered from set-backs and is now the favourite for the England job.

Mcleish is simply a shyte manager. In a 2 team League he finished 3rd. Wonderful stuff.

Bottom line is, he should go. Not because he came from Birmingham, simply due to the fact he's inept and his record is shocking.

So you're suggesting we fire him due to his record before he was at our club. This is after we've hired him?

Mindblown

I'm no expert on scottish football, but wasn't that when rangers were in a similar position to us. Hadn't they sold every decent player, had no money and said it was the worst team ever??? he took over and still managed a top 3 finish. could be wrong.

And for all and intents and purposes Rix would have won Hearts the SPL outright that season, were it not for Romanov's meddling. But heaven forfend you attempt to give that campaign any context and tarnish the "third in a two horse race" party line.

And for all and intents and purposes Rix would have won Hearts the SPL outright that season, were it not for Romanov's meddling. But heaven forfend you attempt to give that campaign any context and tarnish the "third in a two horse race" party line.

George Burley as well.

So you're suggesting we fire him due to his record before he was at our club. This is after we've hired him?

Mindblown

Great, now I have to try and un-blow my mind. Do you know how hard that is?

I'll find a real zinger that'll knock your socks off. Good luck getting them back on when I do!

I am not being funny, but Southampton etc... don't/didn't exactly have the resources that Mcleish has at Villa.

Redknapp got them relegated as they were poor sides with poor players. You have to work with what you have and Mcleish has a top 10 squad to work with which is currently on the brink of being dragged into a relegation scrap.

Saying that, I'd find it hard to manage a side while I was on the dodge :winkold:

a bit like what mcleish had at birmingham?

a bit like what Mcleish had at birmingham?

People say those that can't accept Mcleish can't look past the Birmingham thing but I swear it's the other way round. Put aside the Small Heath hate for a minute and you'll see that the Birmingham team he relegated was a very decent side with good players (admittedly many of which he left to rot on the bench) and he spent an absolute fortune on transfers and wages in comparison to the teams around him who stayed up. That team should have been comfortably mid-table.

Mindblown

Great, now I have to try and un-blow my mind. Do you know how hard that is?

I'll find a real zinger that'll knock your socks off. Good luck getting them back on when I do!

You've got no chance pal, my long johns, thick tight jeans and Marty Mcfly trainers are keeping them pretty secure!

a bit like what Mcleish had at birmingham?

People say those that can't accept Mcleish can't look past the Birmingham thing but I swear it's the other way round. Put aside the Small Heath hate for a minute and you'll see that the Birmingham team he relegated was a very decent side with good players (admittedly many of which he left to rot on the bench) and he spent an absolute fortune on transfers and wages in comparison to the teams around him who stayed up. That team should have been comfortably mid-table.

He also won them their first major trophy in god knows how long.

Mcleish is simply a shyte manager. In a 2 team League he finished 3rd. Wonderful stuff

**** meee.

Im sick of seeing this 'stat'.

Why is it that his 2 league titles, 2 scottish cup wins and 3 scottish league cup wins are conveniently forgotten?

Some people only see what they want to see

Â