The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Our squad of players should not be in the bottom half of the League. Full stop. They are because we have a manager who is negative and clueless.

Looking at the Premiership this season, it's very poor. IMO, though we have an average side, on paper it should be in the top 10 compared to what else is about.

As for the Midfield, I do believe that to be our strongest area. Petrov is under-rated, Ireland has looked class recently, Zog would be if the tit allowed him 90 minutes for once and we have a nice selection of youngsters pushing through.

Only 1 team has a 'brilliant' midfield - Barcelona.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong but didn't McLeish say during the early part of the season that he wanted to turn Villa Park into a fortress.

Well, if he meant a medieval ruin then I think he has achieved his target.

McLeish is a medieval manager.

Turned Villa park into a burnt out medieval village thats been raped and pillaged.

NDINLT, are you Oliver Holt or something? Give it a rest ffs. Have a tug or something and just relax man.

This topic has turned into the remnants of one of Paul Faulkners morning dumps.

I for one think McLeish is a decent man with proven premiership experience, lets just wait and see what happens in the summer once he has a bit of moolah to shape the team to what he wants it to be.

NDINLT, are you Oliver Holt or something? Give it a rest ffs. Have a tug or something and just relax man.

I for one think McLeish is a decent man with proven premiership experience, lets just wait and see what happens in the summer once he has a bit of moolah to shape the team to what he wants it to be.

LOOOOOL. :lol:

What proven Premier League experience? Are you THE Paul Faulkner by any chance? And we've seen how he has shaped teams. Rangers got 3rd in the league and SHA got relegated despite having a big net spend.

:crylaugh:

Are you Paul Faulkner or something?

The longterm damage he could do within 3 years could be irreversible damage.

Disturbing to even think about.

You'll have done yourself irreversible damage within 3 years. Spouting the exact same shite on here dozens of times a day. Get some perspective FFS.

You'll have done yourself irreversible damage within 3 years. Spouting the exact same shite on here dozens of times a day. Get some perspective FFS.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

What proven Premier League experience? Are you THE Paul Faulkner by any chance? And we've seen how he has shaped teams. Rangers got 3rd in the league and SHA got relegated despite having a big net spend.

tumblr_ls7hmqHkmZ1qdnwiro1_500.gif

Its McLeish apologists who need to get some perspective or least put some effort into trying to conjure up some more lame excuses for his diabolical Premiership record rather than resorting to crap insults.

It's kind of funny looking back that Kev Mac managed to get 2 league wins in a short time where everything was at it's worst. He no pre season and he was a caretaker who managed to get 1/3 wins that McLeish has got right now. What the ****?

You cannot forgive it when people make excuses for him. It's just anti Villa all over.

At least one of those wins we still had Milner along with Downing and Young whilst McLeish has none of them. In hindsight it was probably a mistake not giving him the job full-time instead of going for Houllier, who I really blame for the mess we are in. I'm not convinced he really wanted the job though. I actually thought we played well for the most part against Newcastle and don't mind losing so much as I reckon we would beat most teams with that kind of performance.

I don't think his signings have been that bad. Keane and Given have been great, N'Zogbia is kind of finding his feet but still a bit under-par. Hutton has been toilet but we needed a Premiership right-back for as cheap as possible so I'm not sure what other options there were, assuming keeping Luke Young was a no-goer.

So ive been moaning about McLeish for 3 years?.... :?

Its McLeish apologists who need to get some perspective or least put some effort into trying to conjure up some more lame excuses for his diabolical Premiership record rather than resorting to crap and nonsensical insults.

SMH.gif

We wont go down but to be in the dunces half of the league with this squad (even with its faults) is unacceptable.

6 wins in 24 games is exceptionally shit as is McLeish's 'Premiership experience'.

Dread to think of what his woeful legacy will be after 3 years of his utter sh1te mismanagement.

I never wanted him as manager, don't really want him now either, but his record after same amount of games is better than MON's first season with same amount of games and better than Houllier who had more and better players. He ain't gonna get sacked, so I'll reserve full 100% on him by seeing what he does in the summer or how he starts next season. If he starts signing players like Steven Davis, then he can jog on!

Are you seriously trying to compare this season with first season MON took over??

No just saying some facts.

McLiesh has been set up to fail by fans, like a waiting game, ready to nitpick on anything he does, MON wasn't.

As for the other fella saying wouldn't trust McLiesh getting him a £1.20 milk bottle, Eck has made 5 signings. Keane, Jenas, Given, Hutton and N'Zogbia yeah? One got injured and the Hutton is quite rubbish, but the other 3 have been decent. What was MON's ratio of good signings to bad? Can't be much different? Worse?

McLiesh isn't our biggest problem imo right this minute, its the dog awful back four he inherited. The sooner they are gone, the sooner I will feel much better about the team. We'll stay in the league this season, probably finish mid table, then I guess the board and managers plan is too push on without the big money turds we have at the club right now, when their contracts run down and hopefully others get flogged. Well I hope so, if we keep or he fails to get rid of most the liabilities we have in the squad now, (you all know who they are), then he's can pack his bags, because we are not gonna do much with those planks in the team. For now I reserve full judgement on the manager, certainly won't be calling for his head constantly unless our season turns into a real catastrophe.

You dont manage a team for over 90 games in the premiership without learning or picking up experience along the way. Correct me if im wrong but he even won a trophy did he not, how many did MON win again?

He just needs the fans to actually get behind him, get rid of the deadwood, some time to bring in the players he needs and the confidence will improve then the results will surely follow. Im sure lerner - a successful businessman billionaire knows what he is doing.

Ok then, tell me which parts of that last post is false then? Dont even get me started on the irony of you calling me a troll. Seeing as you like facts;

He has over 90 games of premiership experience: fact

He won a trophy: fact

MON did not: fact

He has not had the proper time or the money to craft his own team: fact

Id be interested in how many of those 90 Prem league game has won .

Considering he has only won 6 in 24 of those games with us

and only won 8 last season in 38 games .

So that is 12 wins in 62 of those games...

Id imagine the win % is embarrasingly low wouldn't you?

He won one league cup - well the manager so despised by some on here MON won 2 of those.

He has had a summer window to sign players unlike Houllier last season - in which he managed to sign the brilliant player Hutton.

The idea a failed Premiership manager like McLeish can build anything is frankly wishful thinking verging on demented.

You dont manage a team for over 90 games in the premiership without learning or picking up experience along the way. Correct me if im wrong but he even won a trophy did he not, how many did MON win again?

He just needs the fans to actually get behind him, get rid of the deadwood, some time to bring in the players he needs and the confidence will improve then the results will surely follow. Im sure lerner - a successful businessman billionaire knows what he is doing.

You should not have posted the Christopher Eccleston gif. :D

Ahhhh you think you have me by the short and curlies but that gif was in fact a reply to the accusation that I was Paul Faulkener. You try finding a picture of PF rubbing his hands together. Its impossible. Much like trying to be positive in this thread.

Â