Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

This was a massive step up for Stevens. I had heard that he was doing ok in the lower divisions, and I would say he is delighted to have been given an opportinity to play in those divisions, instead of in Irish football, where I suspect the salaries are much lower. Good luck to him, nice to see someone get an unexpected break.

Why unexpected? He's a decent player, not quite premier league quality but a good footballer regardless. He'll have a career.

Yeah exactly, he's not that bad. Anyone reading this thread would think he had cloven hooves or something. He's a probably League One level footballer, it's hardly something to be ashamed of, and yes, it was a cheap, no-risk punt. No hard feelings, good luck to the lad. 

Yeah exactly, he's not that bad. Anyone reading this thread would think he had cloven hooves or something. He's a probably League One level footballer, it's hardly something to be ashamed of, and yes, it was a cheap, no-risk punt. No hard feelings, good luck to the lad. 

You can say that again.

This was a massive step up for Stevens. I had heard that he was doing ok in the lower divisions, and I would say he is delighted to have been given an opportinity to play in those divisions, instead of in Irish football, where I suspect the salaries are much lower. Good luck to him, nice to see someone get an unexpected break.

Why unexpected? He's a decent player, not quite premier league quality but a good footballer regardless. He'll have a career.

I agree. I just mean he would not have expected to be given a chance by a Premier League club. Which then leads to him having a good and probably lucrative career in the lower divisions.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Has just joined Sheffield United from Portsmouth. Pompey fans are absolutely gutted - he must have turned out a decent player!

He got their POTY from leftback.  By all accounts has acquitted himself very well since leaving here.  I always thought he never really disgraced himself even when he played for us.  Just that he never particularly stood out.  But given he went straight from Shamrock Rovers into our side that was no disgrace.  It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the Chumpionship now next season :thumb:

• Like 1

Â