Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Isn't N'Zogbia's contract out this year too?

Nope, End of next season…

Shay Given, Charles N’Zogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Antonio Luna, Leandro Bacuna, Nicklas Helenius, Andi Weimann, Matt Lowton, Yacouba Sylla.

Can see Baker being extended, possibly Bacuna. Can't see a future for the rest unfortunately.

Shay Given, Charles N’Zogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Antonio Luna, Leandro Bacuna, Nicklas Helenius, Andi Weimann, Matt Lowton, Yacouba Sylla.

Can see Baker being extended, possibly Bacuna. Can't see a future for the rest unfortunately.
I can't see us letting Weimann go
  • Like 1

I can't see us letting Weimann go

Yes, do not think that will happen.

Weimann is nailed on for a new contract as mentioned above, can't see us letting Clark go either. Helenius you would hope will get another chance with us after his nightmare and seemingly good recovery. He might have a blinding season out on loan still, why would we just let him go after that? Bacuna you woudl think woudl be offered a deal as he can play in so many positions. Bennett depending on how he does on loan could get a new deal.

Only Nzogbia and Given are on big money, so I see no reason not to bide our time a bit with the best of the rest?

• Like 1

The order as I see it, from most likely to least likely:

1) Weimann (certain)

2) Baker

3) Bacuna

(somewhere around this point is basically a coin toss)

4) Clark

5) N'Zogbia

6) Bennett and Helenius

7) Given, Luna, Lowton, Sylla, Stevens all have no chance

Isn't he on a ridiculous long contract here, until 2016 or something so can't really see who's going to pay a fee for him.

Is it really a ridiculous contract though, was 3.5 years for a youngster on peanuts. Hypothetically if he turned out like Coleman and we gave him a 1 year contract and he left for Chelsea on a free their would be uproar on here

• 2 months later...

Enda The Road!.. Extended his loan with Doncaster till the end of the season so will see his contract expire. 

Thanks and good luck.

Edited by Kingman

Isn't he on a ridiculous long contract here, until 2016 or something so can't really see who's going to pay a fee for him.

Is it really a ridiculous contract though, was 3.5 years for a youngster on peanuts. Hypothetically if he turned out like Coleman and we gave him a 1 year contract and he left for Chelsea on a free their would be uproar on here

Have you seen stevens play? He is dreadful

Your comment has nothing to do with his point

I fail to see how it doesn't...there is absolutely no chance of that happening

The word 'peanuts' has become somewhat diminished due to its overusage by Villa fans in recent times but it most definitely applies to any finances regarding Enda Stevens, both in fee and wages.

Edited by Isa

There might have been if he developed really well.  Y'see?

Quoted from only 3 months ago.  No future for Ciaran Clark now seems ridiculous, eh? :o

But when we bought him, there was a chance. Just like there was a chance that it would happen for Coleman. Zatman is clearly not talking about now.

• Like 1

This was a massive step up for Stevens. I had heard that he was doing ok in the lower divisions, and I would say he is delighted to have been given an opportinity to play in those divisions, instead of in Irish football, where I suspect the salaries are much lower. Good luck to him, nice to see someone get an unexpected break. 

• Like 3

Â