Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

When Stevens played he didn't look bad so I'm surprised to find him with the bomb squad.

He was woeful every time he played.

No worse than Bennett for me

Far worse in my view and seemingly that of Lambert.

Totally agree TrentVilla. Even allowing for a settling in period, he was way out of his depth and never looked capable of improving whereas Bennett is definitely a good footballer who will improve and mature under Lambert.

To put it bluntly:

- Bennett looked like a good player playing poorly (probably due to nerves). 

- Stevens looked like a bad player playing to the very best of his ability.

Which equalled similar results I suppose, however I would much rather have Bennett around as there is definitely potential there.

How much was Stevens? A couple of hundred thousand, wasn't it?

Not a bad deal by McLeish really. He came for cheap, he played 'okay' or struggled, loan him out and get rid.

• 3 months later...

Wish him well and hope he plays well enough in the Championship to find a club in that division in January. Would hate to see a young player squandering in our 'bomb squad' ruining his career, must be nothing worse for a player let alone a youngster who probably isn't on much.

Can't feel sorry for hgis career. In the same way I can't hate Given or Hutton (et al) for being unwilling to walk away from their contracts. Players have to accept the risks too!

However, hope he does well and finds his level. He's never done anything wrong to the club, and a free transfer to continue his career elsewhere would be good for all concerned.

Not sure about ruining his career, he probably can't believe his luck every time he comes in for training.

I mean that he's a youngster and still has loads of time to develop further, especially as a defender. I'm not too keen on holding back a youngster or early 20's guy who has barely kicked off his career even if he's lucky to be here.

Can't feel sorry for hgis career. In the same way I can't hate Given or Hutton (et al) for being unwilling to walk away from their contracts. Players have to accept the risks too!

However, hope he does well and finds his level. He's never done anything wrong to the club, and a free transfer to continue his career elsewhere would be good for all concerned.

His situation is different to those though. He's obviously not on much and just isn't good enough for the squad and couldn't find a club to pick him up. Difference to Hutton who doesn't want to take a wage cut even though he was wanted by a few parties.

We're still not sure what his level is.  When he played for us he never disgraced himself and he put in performances that were better than many of the ones put in by Bennett.  Against Man Utd he put in a great display.  That doesn't mean much on its own but it means it's hard to assess where he'll end up.  I hope it works out for him in the Championship.  Doncaster have the 4th worst defence in that league and the 2nd worst attack (yet they manage to be 5th from bottom).  So he's going into a tricky situation.  All the best to him and he can eventually leave here with his head held high.

• Like 3

We're still not sure what his level is.  When he played for us he never disgraced himself and he put in performances that were better than many of the ones put in by Bennett.  Against Man Utd he put in a great display.  That doesn't mean much on its own but it means it's hard to assess where he'll end up.  I hope it works out for him in the Championship.  Doncaster have the 4th worst defence in that league and the 2nd worst attack (yet they manage to be 5th from bottom).  So he's going into a tricky situation.  All the best to him and he can eventually leave here with his head held high.

its sad that the most memorable thing he did was make that "tackle" for the Southampton penalty

• 7 months later...

Looked pretty good against Dallas, and if I recall did a decent job in the few games he played for us in the prem against utd and man city. I think lambert would have carried on playing him aswel if he hadn't picked up an injury. Maybe he's gonna be given a chance this season?

Looked pretty good against Dallas, and if I recall did a decent job in the few games he played for us in the prem against utd and man city. I think lambert would have carried on playing him aswel if he hadn't picked up an injury. Maybe he's gonna be given a chance this season?

He had one really bad game and a few good. I honestly dont think he was the worst left back we have but that doesnt say much

I thought he was good offensively in his combination with Grealish but this was at the expense of him leaving a huge space defensively. A better team would've exploited it.

Â