Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was one of our best players yesterday, and does a lot of running off the ball which goes unnoticed. I've never been a big fan but I think I'm starting to appreciate what he actually does for the team...

That was a great pass to Bent in the box who took the harder option of actually missing the target with the keeper stranded

:?

A great pass? 5 yards sideways, in the direction he was running..

I think my nan could have done that pass.

His run into the box, however, was decent.

That was a great pass to Bent in the box who took the harder option of actually missing the target with the keeper stranded

:?

A great pass? 5 yards sideways, in the direction he was running..

I think my nan could have done that pass.

His run into the box, however, was decent.

I think my nan would have scored it too :lol:

Behind Given and possibly Gabby, Jon, for me. But he was still excellent I thought, and I'm not a Petrov lover. Then again I thought both our full backs were good on Saturday as well, which wasn't a popular opinion.

MOTM for me on saturday

Me too.

He is not, and never will be a defensive midfielder. He was originally put there because we had nobody else, did a good job, and MoN then kept him there.

Mcleish remembers him for Celtic, and is playing him a little more advanced now, like from when he remembers him. Round pegs for round holes ect....

MOTM for me on saturday

Me too.

He is not, and never will be a defensive midfielder. He was originally put there because we had nobody else, did a good job, and MoN then kept him there.

Mcleish remembers him for Celtic, and is playing him a little more advanced now, like from when he remembers him. Round pegs for round holes ect....

Unfortunately though Petrov is still the a better DM than anyone else in the squad and when he goes forward it tends to be at the expensive of the team! Not his fault though and he has been our best midfileder this season so far by a country mile!

Yeah I find it strange to call it a great pass lol.

He was very good though I thought, an improvement on Everton where both him and Delph went missing imo. I was very surprised to see him go off.

I appreciated the pass, running at full pace, managed to disguise the pass, putting the keeper on the floor. So simple yet done so well. See Rooneys pass for Berbatov yesterday for how it should not be done.

Yeah I find it strange to call it a great pass lol.

He was very good though I thought, an improvement on Everton where both him and Delph went missing imo. I was very surprised to see him go off.

I appreciated the pass, running at full pace, managed to disguise the pass, putting the keeper on the floor. So simple yet done so well. See Rooneys pass for Berbatov yesterday for how it should not be done.

Yeah, it was definitely a great pass. I doubt that anyone who says its an easy pass to make has ever tried it. Backwards at full page and the fact that the keeper was so stranded says it all. If it was an easy and obvious pass he wouldve been there. He wasnt.

Decent performance on Saturday. His talents "on the ball" have always been reasonably identifiable. It is off the ball that worries me. We just don't have enough energy in our CM and his energy levels are one of the reasons for that IMO. Additionally, we do not have another defensive CM'er, unless Clark or possibly Herd is given a shot in there, and we need this IMO.

Decent performance on Saturday. His talents "on the ball" have always been reasonably identifiable. It is off the ball that worries me. We just don't have enough energy in our CM and his energy levels are one of the reasons for that IMO.

And yet hasnt he made more interceptions than any other player in the prem? So he cant be that bad without the ball.

MOTM for me on saturday

I thought he was fab on Saturday.

I'm presuming the booing when he was substituted was because fans didn't want to see him coming off? Although we now know that was enforced due to injury, so it was a tad unfair.

Looking forward to seeing how it works with Jenas in the midfield.

Â