Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Murray is just some no-mark glory hunting prick. He has no history in the game and started following football when it became fashionable (1992 probably). He's a Chelsea fan, which is a good local club for someone to support from Northern Ireland!

On Stan, all credit to him as he's found an extra few gallons of petrol for the fuel tank. Keep it up!

Colin Murray is just some no-mark glory hunting prick. He has no history in the game and started following football when it became fashionable (1992 probably). He's a Chelsea fan, which is a good local club for someone to support from Northern Ireland!

I think you're getting him confused with Lovejoy. Murray is a Scouserpool fan, is he not?

Not sure if he's a gloryhunting prick or not either, or when he started "following" football.

I'd imagine he's probably not too dissimilar to your average football fan TBH.

In conjunction with Gabby and RBD, the 3 most improved players from last season IMO.

Gabby just nicks it for me, but Stan seems to have been reborn this season. Excellent stuff from him.

You know what I'm glad mortimer said what he did because it seems to have done the trick :D

Been good so far this season hopefully he keeps this up, looks like his fitness is a lot better this season as well dont seem to see him tiring near the end of games so far.

Stan isnt good enough and McLeish should be seriously thinking of replacing him at the end of the season if we want Villa to progress forward. Far too many teams are out playing us in the middle of the park and Stan is meant to be our experienced rock to steady the ship etc..Midfield defensively, is bar far our weakest area and Petrov is the main man playing that role..We need a stronger, more mobile player with far more physical pressence...Then we could see players like Delph,Ireland and Bannan express themselves in both creative and attacking play. Petrov is holding us back and although he is playing better than he did at times last season, he still remains the weak link in the side(along with Hutton and Collins).

Our midfield has been weak so Stan needs replacing? If Stan wasn't having to do his job and then do the job of the **** up that is Fabian Delph then we might be doing better in the middle of the park. He's actually getting forward well and taking some good shots this season. 1 of about 5 players that should be playing every game without question at the moment.

Stan getting forward? so he all of sudden becomes a great player.. Stans job is the holding role, the defensive rock of the side..That is "not" young Delph's responsibility..Delph is a forward thinking creative player, that likes a pop on goal..

Petrov is our Makelele, Viera, Roy Keane, Dennis Mortimer, Mascherano etc.. He is the senior figure, the captain, the defensive mobile hard man in the middle that allows the "rest" of the team to play...Its the most important role in the side..He stabilises the midfield, he presses, he closes down, he holds onto the ball and sets up the starting play of our attack..

Stan getting forward? so he all of sudden becomes a great player.. Stans job is the holding role, the defensive rock of the side..That is "not" young Delph's responsibility..Delph is a forward thinking creative player, that likes a pop on goal..

You've got people on here moaning about Mcleish playing Delph in the holding role and Petrov himself has said he's been given more licence to go forward this year.

Petrov has played well this season and long may it continue.

Basically, Stan has needed replacing for at least 2 years now. The fact we let Makoun AND NRC go with only Stan as a viable alternative is just plain fookin barmy.

You mean the makoun who looked completely out of his depth in the prem and the NRC who was out of contract and only wanted by Bolton? The same superb midfield player that's clearly had a positive effect on the way Bolton defend so far this season?

Petrov is better in the premier league than both those internet hyped up failures.

Basically, Stan has needed replacing for at least 2 years now. The fact we let Makoun AND NRC go with only Stan as a viable alternative is just plain fookin barmy.

You mean the makoun who looked completely out of his depth in the prem and the NRC who was out of contract and only wanted by Bolton? The same superb midfield player that's clearly had a positive effect on the way Bolton defend so far this season?

Petrov is better in the premier league than both those internet hyped up failures.

Wow, that's a bit harsh on both Makoun and NRC. Makoun never really got a chance here and NRC was decent for us. I think Petrov's a great player but that doesn't mean the players that have played around him are terrible.

Should be playing every game, he's had a good season, he should and has last couple games played a bit deeper, which he's far more suited too. As long as he's a geniune defensive midfielder than he is always good enough for us (well for a while yet) and think I've pretty much always maintained that. I think that diamond could be good for us and our players we have at the club. It's easier for him this year and easier to excell (for his abilities) because we play a lot more narrow. I always felt if he played central in a 2, you'd see him exposed a lot more because the fact we played with such width. Left a lot of space for opponents through the middle. Now we are a little more compact, deeper and that suits him.

You mean the makoun who looked completely out of his depth in the prem

I saw more from Makoun in five minutes than i have from Petrov in 5 years. Theres just no comparison in terms of footballing ability. Even Stevie Wonder could see that.

8)

You mean the makoun who looked completely out of his depth in the prem

I saw more from Makoun in five minutes than i have from Petrov in 5 years. Theres just no comparison in terms of footballing ability. Even Stevie Wonder could see that.

8)

So, Stevie and you against the world huh

Â