The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Mellberg was a good defender, but thats all he was. But of course he played with his heart on his sleeve and always gave his all which is why the fans loved him. But in terms of quality he was good, nothing more.

In terms of quality of defenders that have played for Villa or Sweden since 2001 when he joined then he is more than just good

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

I'm talking about in general, he was a good defender. Of course he is better then the tosh we currently have at the club (possibly excluding Vlaar) and he was one of the better centre backs to of played for the club this century. But in general terms I think he was good.

I'm not sure I get your point. Which bit of Zlatan's post do you think is a piss take, exactly? Mellberg has clearly had a big impact on him as a player and personally.

Here's a link about him buying the house next door for those interested.

Here's Zlatan archipelago dream

Paying millions - and become a neighbor with Mellberg...

Zlatan brought Olof Mellberg on a quick tour of the house. Then he put a bid.

It's google translated, incase you couldn't tell.

Karl Darlow has signed for Newcastle with Jaamal Lascalles for around 7mil for the pair! but loaned straight back to Forest

Karl was with us from 8 years old until we released him at 16! one of the best young goalkeepers around.

Edited by Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â