The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Collins had a good game.

The lasting memory I have of him are incidents like his assault on Benteke in the first half when, after being turned, he just went right through the side of him and was lucky to get only a yellow.

Him and Warnock had habits of doing that in the first 5 minutes and then not being able to touch anyone for the rest of the game.

Always thought people were harsh on Collins when he was here. Not a bad player.

But he was a disruptive influence, allegedly. So who knows.

didnt help he was ginger :P

think people were a bit harsh including myself, he was big and brave and got a few goals but them **** hoofs were annoying. 

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26136614

(Sorry on mobile so can't short link/embed)

Mentions a Villa player coming from Africa, who would that be? Was thinking Salifou, but wasn't he already based in Switzerland? Only other I could think was nii lampety but surely that is too far back?

She's worked here since 2002 if that helps.

Found that information here:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2619872,00.html

I like the sound of the buddy system. One thing ive noticed is that off the pitch and away from playing side it seems Villa is really well organised. pity cant change it.

as for African player id imagine it was a youth team player or a trialist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the great man McLeish was on Irish tv doing analysis last night but couldn't watch much of it as was on too late, think he probably looking for a job in League of Ireland which is probably his level these days

McGrath was on same show 2 weeks back so I am waiting for Houghton to be on soon ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a couple of days ago that Ian Taylor has passed some course to be a director (apparently it is a scheme to get more black directors). Wonder if he will now be on our board?

That would certainly be welcome. Does anyone know any more about this? Is it specific to football directors or just in general?

After a few decent results, including a win against top of the table Wolves, John Gregory's Crawley have now lost five on the trot! :(

Sounds like he could take over Villa.

Gavin McCann referred to his former manager Martin O’Neill as a “weirdo” in a text message, a court heard yesterday, a day before O’Neill himself is due to give evidence.

Agent Tony McGill is claiming that Bolton Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside failed to pay him a fee of £300,000 out of McCann’s £1 million move from Aston Villa to Bolton in 2007.

The message from McCann read: ‘Gilly – next time you speak to the wierdo (sic), tell him to let me go.’ McGill’s barrister confirmed that the text was referring to O’Neill and was a “vivid demonstration” of the relationship between McGill and McCann.

McGill claimed that Bolton brought in sports agency SEM to represent them “at the last minute” and paid them the £300,000 fee due to him.

Despite the unkind tone of the message, the agent is hopeful that O’Neill will back up his claim. The Ireland manager, no stranger to the courtroom as a spectator, is due to give evidence in Manchester today. 

All defendants deny the claims. The trial, which is expected to last all week, continues.

Â