The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

Just read about Marc Albrighton's partner Chloe Fulford - her mum was killed in the Tunisia terrorist attacks. Shocking. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33304437

" Meanwhile, Leicester City have offered their condolences to their player Marc Albrighton and his partner Chloe Fulford, whose mother was a victim of the attack.

"They are all in our thoughts and prayers," said a Leicester City statement.

"We continue to offer our support to Marc and Chloe's family at this time of great personal tragedy." "

edit - just realised there was already a Marc Albrighton thread where this was posted, sorry.

Edited by villanwesty88

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God was on the radio last night in build up to Ireland vs England game this weekend but he got a couple of things about Villa in 94 cup final as Gary Pallister was on as well. they talked more about his UNited days than anything :rant:

Same as when he was on Goals on Sunday. They barely mentioned Villa at all. It was all about United

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThwQCTKXs2U

He was on talksport this morning and when he talked about villa he said 'us' Danny Baker picked him up on it and he said he loves villa (although he still has a soft spot for utd)

• 2 weeks later...

They came from behind as well, always makes it more exciting. I remember Fenton, very dimly. I seem to recall a guy came to do some work on my parents house claiming to be his uncle, back in the day.

I can also verify this story, and got a signed picture of him put through the door a couple of months later, he could've been on the blag and done it himself but he was hardly a superstar for us!
  • Like 1

Shane Lowry playing for Birmingham City today on a trial against Kidderminster Harriers

He even scored for them :blink:

Disgusting! Or is he plotting to earn a contract there and follow it up with several own goals to get them relegated? #agentlowry 

Stewie Downing drops into the Championship at 30.

He always was a bit of a loser.

I said it in the bad career moves thread, but him leaving stalled he's career and look where he is now.

• 3 weeks later...

Harry Forrester in bizarre goal-he-didn't-mean-to-score incident:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/08/doncaster-allow-bury-to-walk-in-equaliser-league-one

Doncaster allow Bury to walk in injury-time equaliser in League One match
Harry Forrester opens scoring when attempting to return ball to visitors
Rovers let Leon Clarke score unchallenged in show of sportsmanship

Guardian sport

Saturday 8 August 2015 18.38 BST Last modified on Sunday 9 August 2015 00.02 BST

Doncaster allowed Bury to walk in an equaliser after netting a freak goal themselves in a bizarre 1-1 draw at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Paul Dickov instructed his players to clear a path for Bury to find the net after Doncaster scored by mistake in second-half stoppage time when attempting to return an act of good sportsmanship.

The midfielder Harry Forrester tried, following a throw-in, to return the ball to visiting goalkeeper Christian Walton who had knocked it out of play following an injury, but the ball bounced over Walton and found the Bury net.

Rather than take advantage, Doncaster allowed Leon Clarke to amble half the length of the pitch unchallenged before tapping home.

David Flitcroft said: “I’ve got the ultimate respect for Paul Dickov. He tried to get the referee to award a foul throw initially but then he’s allowed us to score from the restart.” The Bury manager added. “Paul put football into a good place with his sportsmanship today because if you lose morality the game has no substance for me.”

Dickov said: “I didn’t really think twice about allowing them to equalise. It just wouldn’t have been right for us to take three points in the circumstances. It was just an unfortunate ending to the game. Harry Forrester hit the ball too sweet and I was just hoping it wouldn’t go in. When it did we just had to allow them to score because you can’t win a game like that.”

• Like 1

Â