The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

awright then...

Is the topic of Stan Collymore, the Falklands Islands and the IRA tweets off limits? just curious... I have searched all over here and have thus far failed to find a peep of it... The reason I ask is that on facebook I am a member of tons of WW1, WW2 and other veterans sites and pages and boy oh boy, they're right pissed off.... Seems our ex player has been spouting his ill informed mouth off regarding topics of which he knows nothing... Wondering why there isn't a single reference to this controversy anywhere on VT...

Edited by norton65ca

awright then...

Is the topic of Stan Collymore, the Falklands Islands and the IRA tweets off limits? just curious... I have searched all over here and have thus far failed to find a peep of it... The reason I ask is that on facebook I am a member of tons of WW1, WW2 and other veterans sites and pages and boy oh boy, they're right pissed off.... Seems our ex player has been spouting his ill informed mouth off regarding topics of which he knows nothing... Wondering why there isn't a single reference to this controversy anywhere on VT...

A few weeks ago, he was on Twitter spouting some stuff about the Falklands and seemed to be losing it.

Yet in the last few weeks he has been putting out tweets in support of the British Army etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Probably been covered already but Lee Hendrie has been out in the states with the first team doing PR stuff for the club. He gets absolute pelters on fb everytime he is mentioned in an avfc story. He gets very little respect from the fans.

One comment was hilarious though, LH was up some tower doing something with the team, the caption was along the lines of Lee overcomes his fear of heights to do <whatever it was>.... comment on facebook, "I've seen Lee higher than that" :crylaugh:

• Like 2

Mellberg has announced his retirement today, I was surprised he's only 36. Would have still loved to have had him in the team over the last 6 years.

He would have got in the team in the team from 2010 - 2012 for sure.

Mellberg has announced his retirement today, I was surprised he's only 36. Would have still loved to have had him in the team over the last 6 years.

He would have got in the team in the team from 2010-2014  for sure.

Fixed for you.

Maybe you're right. But 2010-2012 he was playing in the champions league for olympiakos and still in the Sweden team. Couple that with the fact that Villa were crap in that period thats why I say for sure. The last 2 years he's been in semi retirement.

• Like 1

Â