The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

I'd hate to know how much we were paying Heskey to not score goals. He is a crap player who couldn't leave the club as nobody else was stupid enough to go anywhere near his villa salary.

£55k a week basic salary

Just the wrong signing at the wrong time. Should've signed Darren Bent instead around that time. Heskey would've probably done a decent job if we'd signed him instead of Harewood in summer 2007.

Given O'Neill didn't sign him straight away I just assumed he'd given up his obssesion, bit like MON and Grant Holt.

I'd hate to know how much we were paying Heskey to not score goals. He is a crap player who couldn't leave the club as nobody else was stupid enough to go anywhere near his villa salary.

£55k a week basic salary

3 1/2 year contract for a 31 year old with his best days behind him.

Surely one of the most bizarre deals ever conducted, I wonder if O'Neill got his cut from his old pal in some form.

• 3 weeks later...

Gavin McCann has been summonsed to answer four allegations of perjury and one of fraud related to his transfer from us to Bolton way back when. Phil Darkside, Frank McParland and a number of agents are also facing a variety of perjury and fraud allegations:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/16/phil-gartside-bolton-wanderers-summonsed-allegations-perjury-fraud-jerome-anderson-tony-mcgill

Â