The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

What point are you trying to make here? You’ve even admitted in another thread that you haven’t followed Football for a few seasons.. 

• 1 month later...
On 20/10/2018 at 05:37, mikeyp102 said:

What point are you trying to make here? You’ve even admitted in another thread that you haven’t followed Football for a few seasons.. 

Just an update on his progress. It's no secret that I rate him pretty highly. He's just turned 26, but I still think he has a lot to offer at Premier League level if someone is willing to take a chance on him.

Sellars will be useful. Good effort today.

Everything was much better when Sellars came in as in the last match against Häcken.

Sellars was the best after Aiesh. He should start the next match. I also wrote that after the last match but Burchnall does not seem to dare it yet.

Only Mukibii and Sellars get approved. Both shall start each match. Was a lot better after they came in and Tom stepped into his regular place as midback.

Sellars will be useful next season. Always makes runs that open up, but no one dares to beat the fitting. 

Sellars! will be incredibly interesting next season, a little more strength in the body only. A bit strange that he has not played more earlier, but it may be good to record him more and more.

Sellars, lovely acquisition.

Sellars looks good with the right wishes it will be an exciting season next year.

How do you know Sellars will remain next year? Tekie, we really hope he stays. Then we have a midfield that will be much better.

Curtis is the best but Sellars gives the most beautiful message. 88 will be counting in the future I hope.

And Sellars! What a difference when a midfielder tests round his old man and bring the ball forward with speed instead of smashing the simple ball out on the edge every time.

Sellars and Edwards best so far today!

Sellars will be a scoring machine next season. If we can fix our defense, this may be all right.

Sellars and Edwards customized awesome today.

Sellars reminiscent of Lingard a lot. Not as strong but fast and technical as few.

Just what I've enjoyed all the time. Very similar to Lingard.

Sellars and Aiesh are sharp.

I'm going to be excited to see how it goes for us next season, I think Sellars will be the next big star in the club and is the one sold after Aeish. 

Sellars! How wonderful. Should be given as a starting player next year. Best every match.

Sellars is good, really good.

https://www.svenskafans.com/fotboll/ostersund/forum.aspx

Edited by Michael118

On 27/11/2018 at 18:26, rodders0223 said:

Gareth Barry looks back on his career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLC9vvQJXTQ

One of my favourite players ever.

I was at his debut and watched him become a player getting bollocked by Southgate and Ugo.

Had that funny 18 month spell when he was the best left sided English midfielder by so far it was farcical Sven would never have him in his squad with no left mids.

25 year old Barry into our current midfield and we win the league with games to spare.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cant undestand villa love for milner still. Left at first chance and never once respected Villa even though we made him a better player

Respected? What do you want him to do?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cant undestand villa love for milner still. Left at first chance and never once respected Villa even though we made him a better player

He was outstanding for us and left to win honours, which he did. Can't blame him for that. Yes it hurt when he left as we never really recovered but he never gave less than 100% for us. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not sure about the not respecting villa bit? When did he ever disrespect the club?

Villa supporters love him more than he loves villa, that’s fair to say. I think he comes across as a decent bloke, which people like.

But I think a lot of fans respect that while he left when he did, he did it with the minimum of fuss. No articles in the press like Barry. No back and forth like Delph. No transfer request like Benteke (at least I don’t think he did?). And when he returned to play us, he wasn’t flinging himself to the ground like Ashley Young.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

Â