The Ex-Villa Player thread - Keeping tabs on old Villans

Moneill

11 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Herd's face has a distinct "how did it come to this?" look about it...

Had his priorities all wrong. Should have been focusing on his football instead of kicking doors off nightclubs before he has even made his first big contract

• Like 1

On 16/06/2018 at 00:57, TheAuthority said:

Karim El Ahmadi starting for Morocco in the World Cup - Go on son!

Was interesting watching Columbia vs Senegal. Carlos Sanchez vs Gana Gueye.

Throw in El Ahmadi and Jedinak and we have 4 former/current DM's playing in this world cup (6 if you want to add Delph and Bjarnason). Nuts.

Edited by ozvillafan
Forgot Bjarnason!

Career is proper on the slide now. I thought dropping into the Championship would be a good move for him,  and he would go down to come back up after filling his boots. Hasn't happened, rarely played as an out and out striker and if anything he looks worse now than he did at 21. 9 goals in 79 league games for Derby. Very unimpressive.

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Sam Johnstone has joined Albion 

Good move for him, another year in the Championship will stand him in good stead. Not ready for the PL yet, and wouldn't have helped sitting on someone's bench.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ipswich sign Janoi Donacien from Accrington Stanley
Janoi Donacien joined Accrington Stanley from Aston Villa two years ago

The two clubs have agreed an undisclosed fee for the 24-year-old, and the move will become permanent once Donacien - who was born in St Lucia - receives a work permit.

Accrington say the fee for Donacian - who can play anywhere across the defence - will be the largest they have ever received for a player.

After securing Donacien's signature, Ipswich manager Paul Hurst said: "Janoi has done well over the last couple of seasons. He defends very well one-vs-one and gets up and down the pitch."

"He is someone that again fits the profile of what we are looking for - someone who is hungry, has not played at this level before - and he's at a good age.
He is versatile and has played right across the back four. He brings competition in all areas, particularly at full-back and that gives us options. We want that right across the squad, that competition for places and we're delighted to have him here."

Donacien played in all but one of Accrington's league matches last season as they won the League Two title.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11455636/ipswich-sign-janoi-donacien-from-accrington-stanley

Stanley set for club record sale as defender joins Ipswich

JANOI Donacien has left Accrington Stanley for Championship side Ipswich Town in what is set to be a club record sale

The 24-year-old, who was born in St Lucia, has initially joined the Tractor Boys on a loan deal until the end of the season due to work permit issues. But once the work permit, which is expected in the coming days, is granted Stanley are set to receive a significant sum.

The fee has been undisclosed by both clubs but sources in East Anglia suggest it could be as much as £750,000, bettering the £500,000 paid by Barnsley for Matty Pearson last summer.

Stanley manager John Coleman said: "Janoi has been fantastic since he has been here. He hasn't been an ounce of trouble and I am surprised no one has come in for him sooner.

"Once people started treating us properly in the transfer market, that gives players the opportunities.

"We can't let them go just to better their career, it has to be good for the club as well and that's my responsibility.

"The money will mean a lot to Accrington, we will use it to improve the infrastructure of the club."

Chairman Andy Holt said: "Janoi is a great lad, he is a model professional and he did what it said on the tin.

"He came here, grafted, helped us win the league title and fully deserves his opportunity. That's what we are about at Accrington.

"The fee means a great deal to us and for us, it's going into new changing rooms."

Donacien, who was an almost ever-present in Stanley's title winning season, spent two years at the Wham Stadium after coming through the ranks at Tottenham and Aston Villa.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16389379.accrington-set-for-club-record-sale-as-defender-joins-ipswich/

Edited by Michael118

@HanoiVillan posted on Dec 26, 2016

With respect, I think you have been conclusively proven wrong about Donacien. He is approaching his mid-twenties and doesn't play regularly for a team near the bottom of League Two. His professional career will never amount to anything close to Aston Villa. 

https://www.villatalk.com/search/?&q=donacien&page=1&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

• Haha 1

:crylaugh:

Pretty funny that you've resurfaced purely for a spot of archive diving @Michael118. How's Jerrell Sellars' career coming along? Or Libor Kozak?

You win a point for a player I said 'will never amount to anything close to Aston Villa' moving to a much smaller club, that many people are tipping for relegation, in the same division that we're in. But you've still got a pretty shocking batting average for judging players, I hate to tell you. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

:crylaugh:

Pretty funny that you've resurfaced purely for a spot of archive diving @Michael118. How's Jerrell Sellars' career coming along? Or Libor Kozak?

You win a point for a player I said 'will never amount to anything close to Aston Villa' moving to a much smaller club, that many people are tipping for relegation, in the same division that we're in. But you've still got a pretty shocking batting average for judging players, I hate to tell you. 

What's funny is your inability to address the point objectively without feeling the need to counter-attack. My post wasn't intended as an attack on you.

A shocking batting average?

image.jpeg.7ddf42688ac840fe59c2ebec68427a2e.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

What's funny is your inability to address the point objectively without feeling the need to counter-attack. My post wasn't intended as an attack on you.

A shocking batting average?

image.jpeg.7ddf42688ac840fe59c2ebec68427a2e.jpeg

He said he'd never get anywhere near to Aston Villa.

And he hasn't.

Interesting...

I recommended Janoi Donacien and Graham Burke (now Preston) to my club last December as both was out of contract this summer and must have signed extensions before contract expiry! Both will probably go and have good seasons

Â