Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not garbage, far from it, have you seen any of Birmingham City’s matches this season? Whenever I have seen them, he has been their best player 

He'd be 7th choice at best in our squad.

Relative to Aston Villa, he's garbage.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a better option than Hourihane for me, dream midfield for me of Jack, Gardner and McGinn

I think it might be time to let him go SGC. I don't think he has a future at Villa Park.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a better option than Hourihane for me, dream midfield for me of Jack, Gardner and McGinn

Sorry but there is no way he’s better than Hourihane. 

He’d rightly be nowhere near our team. 

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not garbage, far from it, have you seen any of Birmingham City’s matches this season? Whenever I have seen them, he has been their best player 

I actually have to disagree on you here. I wanted to him to become a great Villa player when he was a young man coming through the ranks, but years after year, season after season, he was either injured or shit or shit and injured. He was never a good footballer as a senior and has not turned into one now. He has performed relatively well with sha, mostly cause he is a big fish in a small pond where expectations are zero. He will never have a future here and he shouldn't have one. 

Garbage is a strong word, but quite accurate in this case. 

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

*if* we don't win today, there might be a squad filler role for him next season..

But honestly, I'd be more interested to know if he even bothers to travel to Wembley today to cheer on "his" team. If he's nowhere to be seen today then he should be nowhere to be seen next season.

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd start him, and at the very least if we do win the final Gards should be the man lifting the trophy.

Ludicrous

Ritchie De Laet should be captain today

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t want him to leave, he’s just beginning to show his true ability :(

He's a dirty little bluenose word removed

• Like 2

On 30/07/2011 at 17:20, KSV said:

Really dont see the fuss with Delph. Premier League seems too much for him.. he thinks he has more time on the ball than he does.. potential is there.. needs to up the tempo in his game.. do everything quicker.

Gardner and Makoun came on against chelsea and for once we had players PRESSING against their midfielders.. petrov delph ireland were backing off and letting them dictate the play.

Gardner looked confident composed.. pressed well.. really put himself about physically. Future star.

Accidentally went clicked on the first page instead of the most recent (234 😅). Gardner is nowhere near good enough where we would have wanted to be in the Championship let alone the premier league. Fanciful thinking to think he's going to be a success here. 

The above message was from 2011. 8 YEARS! He's shown nothing. 

I for one absolutely never want to see him in a Villa shirt again. He can go back to Small Heath to play for Bham/Cov.

Edited by avfcwills10

He's dogshit. He has a decent crossfield ping and that is about. He cannot pass, he cannot play in tight spaces, he cannot tackle, he cannot run, he gets caught on the ball because his touch is atrocious, he has no zip about his game meaning short sharp passes are a no go and he turns like a tanker.

If you can build a team at this level to allow him to stand in the centre circle and ping long balls then fair enough, he is your man and he will do a job for a 12th-20th place finish.

Aside from that he sucks. Now we have money they can have him on a free for all i care.

Â