Brad Guzan

R.Bear

good game today, made some saves and a top one from Soldado that was given offside

but that catch at the end was actually better than Benteke goal

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Still commands his area better than a lot of prem keepers imo, how many keepers would've even come for that ball right at the end, most would've just let the defenders try to head it away.

That was a fantastic claim but let's not pretend he's been claiming balls like that regularly this season because he hasn't. He stays on his line a lot more. If he gets back to his 2012/13 command of the area, then great.

He decided he was catching that ball before the free kick was even taken. Beautiful stuff.

Was going to say this.

I knew he was going to as well.

Even before Vorm kicked it I said Guzan was going to claim it.

He always claims those sort of high balls and it's like a big warm hug every time.

Great keeper always underated by the sky lot. Would be a big loss if he went. Just needs to try and kick out to a Villa player and not the opposing team everytime.

noticed at the start of game he was passing short to Sanchez form goal kicks. Not sure if that something the manager has advised him to do but was an interesting change

Great keeper always underated by the sky lot. Would be a big loss if he went. Just needs to try and kick out to a Villa player and not the opposing team everytime.

noticed at the start of game he was passing short to Sanchez form goal kicks. Not sure if that something the manager has advised him to do but was an interesting change

He's been keeping it short a lot more ever since the infamous change of style under Lambert.

I remember posting in here before that change that he never ever has full backs or defenders offering themselves for passes. It's no surprise that when someone offers themselves he actually gives them the ball.

I'm not saying his distribution is good, because it's the weakest part of his game. But I don't think we do him any favours.

He made a couple of smart saves, and dominated his area.

He did everything that was asked of him. I'd rather see him do that stuff than make the odd spectacular shot stop.

Gonna be a kick in the stones for him if he misses another final so the same. We owe him one so I hope if we do get through he's picked. Unfair on given, yes, but I'd hate us to deprive brad again

Gutted for him to be benched at Wembley.

Sherwood picking Given ahead of Guzan seems like a sentimental choice, hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the keister

Guzan would be the sentimental choice. He's already missed out on a Wembley appearance after MON replaced him for the League Cup final. Given is the cup keeper so he should play, he's played well when called upon.

I know Sherwood and he played together, but I highly doubt that has any effect on his decision.

Edited by abdomlahor

Â