Brad Guzan

R.Bear

agree that hes "too good for us". Top 10 keeper in league playing in a team which is fighting for relegation is how i would argue "too good for us".

Shame his distribution is wank though.

Vorm is not a very decent keeper. Spurs fans cry inside everytime they see him start.

I can't think of one team currently in the top 10 who's team he would make. As for Vorm, I was talking about his performances at Swansea as was relevant to the point in the post I was replying to.

The premier league's player performance index (for what it is worth) has Guzan as the 12th top keeper in the league this season which sounds roughly about right to me.

I'd say if he had a bit better back line in front of him, he'd be top 10. A lot of talk of him letting in more goals lately, but look at the shots he is up against. Most, if not all the goals he has conceded have been from inside the box, or really good shots. You can't expect a keeper to make saves against premier league players when they are shooting from 15ft away. 

Faulty logic. He played behind the worst Villa defence in memory (perhaps ever?) in 2012/13 and he [deservedly] won player of the season.

Not sure about that. Mignolet not being good enough for a side in and around the top-four doesn't make a guy unremarkably plodding along for a relegation battling club superior to him. Mignolet will almost certainly be moved on in the summer - to a mid-table club somewhere - and probably go back to looking decent again.

Mignolet was nothing of the sort at Sunderland, exactly why he got the Liverpool move. Fabianski has done well at Swansea, solid, cut out the rashness he used to be prone to at Arsenal. Maybe due to the faith shown in him as a No.1.

Mignolet was crap for Sunderland as well, the 6-1 game sums up Mignolet in general. He is also better than Fabianski for me off Swansea

Yep, easily better than Fabianski.

On second thoughts he would never have a shot at Liverpool (under Rodgers) as he's not good enough with the ball at his feet for a Rodgers team.

Another reason why Mignolet won't be number 1 there for long.

Fabianski has done well at Swansea, solid, cut out the rashness he used to be prone to at Arsenal. 

That's very debateable

Fabianski is terrible. If we had had more efforts on goal on that game he was a shoo-in to make a mistake at some point. One of the worst keepers in the league.

Not sure about that. Mignolet not being good enough for a side in and around the top-four doesn't make a guy unremarkably plodding along for a relegation battling club superior to him. Mignolet will almost certainly be moved on in the summer - to a mid-table club somewhere - and probably go back to looking decent again.

All round Guzan is a better keeper than him though.

Neither are great when the ball is passed back and Mingolet is much worse on crosses.

Fabianski is terrible. If we had had more efforts on goal on that game he was a shoo-in to make a mistake at some point. One of the worst keepers in the league.

He really isn't.

As I've said before it's tough ranking a lot of prem keepers as I genuinely think the standard of the league is as good as it's ever been, not just number ones but there's a lot of decent number twos around.

Take Vorm playing tomorrow. Not as a good as Lloris but he was excellent at Swansea.

At Arsenal imo Fabanski was better than Schzeny but everytime he actually started to get runs in the team he'd always pick up an injury.

From what I've seen he's had a good season at Swansea, their defensive record has been pretty good. I'd be impressed if someone posts a vid of him making 5 errors that lead to goals this season playing for them.

Fabianski has done well at Swansea, solid, cut out the rashness he used to be prone to at Arsenal.

That's very debateable

Is it? Fabianski has had a solid season. It seems like he is being judged as if he is still at Arsenal going by most of the comments on here. Much in the same way that Guzan is seemingly still being judged on his first season.

All round Guzan is a better keeper than him though.

Neither are great when the ball is passed back and Mingolet is much worse on crosses.

Guzan used to have an impressive all-round game. Now he has regressed to the stage where there is nothing he does particularly well. You can argue Mignolet is more useful at the moment purely because he is more pivotal to the result when he makes many important saves.

Edited by Isa

No I'm judging Fabianski on this season.

He's still has a "wtf" moment nearly every game and has had a handful of howlers.

I don't think there's much between him and Tremmel.

He's still has a "wtf" moment nearly every game and has had a handful of howlers.

Can you point out some of these howlers that he makes in nearly every game please?

Can you point out some of these howlers that he makes in nearly every game please?

I didn't say he made howlers every game (if it read like that I apolgise)

I meant he's had a handful of howlers since being at Swansea.

I didn't say he made howlers every game (if it read like that I apolgise)

I meant he's had a handful of howlers since being at Swansea.

Ah, ok. Every keeper has a few errors throghout a season but overall he has looked a lot more assurred than he did at Arsenal I believe. He has generally impressed me in the games I've seen. Checking their forum, it seems like Swansea fans agree:

Feel much more confident at the back when the big Pole is in our goal than Vorm.

next transfer window I believe he is the most important player for us to keep!!! the way he organizes the defense, and also he has great goalkeeping skills. Seriously just as much of an asset as a striker.

Good news

To 'We got the whole world in our hands'

We got the big Pole in our goal *3

Fabianski's in our goal

*coat...

He is a class act.

Would be very hard to replace.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/143120/fabianski-rejects-roma/#15

Obviously fans can be wrong but the adulation seems to be unanimous in this case.

Â