Stephen Warnock

KSV

Yes, everything MM says is gospel, er not!

MM only ever told us what he heard. He rarely said anything was 100% fact, because football transfers can break down at any point.

IIRC he gave us a very solid opinion that Houllier was going to be manager, that Ireland was coming, that Downing was coming etc etc... way before the papers had any clue.

If you go on google and type in 'villatalk'... 'villatalk mysteryman' pops up. The journos caught on to how reliable he was and started poaching what he said.

You might not have believed him but a hell of a lot of people on here do/ did.

Warnock does'nt have to like Birmingham, I had a meeting with the community chappie a while ago at Villa Park over the schools project I'm involved with.

I was telling him how surprised the club would be to know that there are in fact quite a few Villa fans living in the North. Club seem to think the catchment area is South of Brum.

Anyhow we got talking about Cheshire & NW area for some reason and he was saying quite a few of the players still live in that area...

IIRC Heskey, Warnock, Ireland, Freidel (till he left).... all travel down from NW.

Downing still lives in Teeside and only stays down near BMH during the week.

I've been on here long enough to know all of the above. However, he has also said many things that have not come to fruition. You can't believe everything that is said.

Fair enough.

But I'd put money on the ones that didn't come true being down to the fact that the transfers broke down or the fact that it was a whisper that MM heard and repeated, ie: not a solid rumour, and he would have said that at the time.

Why would MM lie about things that were said behind closed doors?

I can understand a transfer falling through and him then looking silly, but why would he lie? He's never seemed the type to just make things up to look cool or get a reaction.

With Warnock hopefully we give him preseason to prove himself and if he shows no improvement upon the form which saw him just hacking away at attackers and giving away foul after foul until he became a liability every time he stepped on the pitch then ship him out FAST.

Another player badly mistreated by that nasty school teacher Mr Houllier.

Get him back in the team.

He's a experienced, Premier League proven left-back.

Has also been capped at international level at England and even went to the World Cup which was only 12 months ago.

P.S. Glad to see we have spelt his name correctly for this thread :)

Since when does being dumping a player in the reserves for being absolutely shit amount to being mistreated? Sell him immediately. He was a total and utter liability when he played last season.

It was clearly a personal thing.

Houllier had it in for Warnock.

Gabby didn't score many goals last season.

Do you see him getting dumped into the reserves?

Richard Dunne wasn't exactly on top form last season?

If you think that Warnock was dumped into the reserves by Houllier because of his playing ability/form then you really are a fool.

Unless I remember wrong, in the second last match of the season 09-10 against Man City when they scored after Carew hit the bar, Warnock lost the ball, and just slowly walked and watched next to the goal as City player scored - didn't even run to the goal line to prevent ball going in, and that's why I don't want him playing, no fighting-spirit.

I think its best sell him and cut our losses. He was absolute dreadful last season and i can think of the Fulham goal he just stood there and the joke of a performance vs Blackburn plus his card to game tally must have been really high. In the games he played the only good thing i remembered was a cross for Heskey goal and he shouldnt have even been on the pitch by that stage as should have got a red card.

Has also been capped at international level at England and even went to the World Cup which was only 12 months ago.

Since when does being dumping a player in the reserves for being absolutely shit amount to being mistreated? Sell him immediately. He was a total and utter liability when he played last season.

If you think that Warnock was dumped into the reserves by Houllier because of his playing ability/form then you really are a fool.

Obviously it wasn't ability, but I'm sure he had good reason, especially if rumours are to be believed. There's no smoke without fire, and though the reasons may never come out fully, there was clearly an issue with his attitude. Clearly.

Give him another chance by all means, but I think Houllier, as evil man as you think he is, is rational and mature enough to not drop a player "because he had it in for him". There were clearly other issues.

Gabby was still useful and wasn't a liability last season like Warnock, hence why he was never put in the reserves. While I do feel Dunne should have been dropped on occasions, we had a lot of injury problems last season. Admittedly I think Dunne was played too much last season and I'd like to see him go also.

Yes, I do think Warnock was dumped in the reserves partly because of his playing ability but perhaps his alleged comments have something to do with it as well. Doesn't make me a fool though, as neither of us know for sure. However, it does seem rather odd that Houllier would wait a few months before dumping Warnock. Surely if he "had it in for him" as you say Warnock would have been in the reserves within weeks of Houllier's arrival? Funny how Warnock being consigned to the reserves coincided with his extremely poor form which helped to contribute to our poor results.

Whatever the beef was between Houlllier and Warnock is neither here nor there now.

Facts are one has been rightly **** off and the other remains here. If Warnock can get back to the form he showed over a number of seasons for Blackburn, the form he showed here during his first 6 or so months, form that got him into the England World Cup squad, then I’m sure we’ll all be happy.

Lets all hope that Eck can get the best out of him and back in form.

Whatever the beef was between Houlllier and Warnock is neither here nor there now.

Facts are one has been rightly **** off and the other remains here. If Warnock can get back to the form he showed over a number of seasons for Blackburn, the form he showed here during his first 6 or so months, form that got him into the England World Cup squad, then I’m sure we’ll all be happy.

Lets all hope that Eck can get the best out of him and back in form.

I happen to think he is a quality full back when he is on his game

Gabby was still useful and wasn't a liability last season like Warnock, hence why he was never put in the reserves. While I do feel Dunne should have been dropped on occasions, we had a lot of injury problems last season. Admittedly I think Dunne was played too much last season and I'd like to see him go also.

Yes, I do think Warnock was dumped in the reserves partly because of his playing ability but perhaps his alleged comments have something to do with it as well. Doesn't make me a fool though, as neither of us know for sure. However, it does seem rather odd that Houllier would wait a few months before dumping Warnock. Surely if he "had it in for him" as you say Warnock would have been in the reserves within weeks of Houllier's arrival? Funny how Warnock being consigned to the reserves coincided with his extremely poor form which helped to contribute to our poor results.

You do realise that Warnock is our only left-back.

We were playing the likes of Clark, Baker and even Fabian Delph at left-back ahead of Warnock.

Houllier was cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Everyone making out that Warnock is a crap player is going overboard because we can't dare question Mr Houllier.

Warnock is a good player.

You do realise that Warnock is our only left-back.

We were playing the likes of Clark, Baker and even Fabian Delph at left-back ahead of Warnock.

Houllier was cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Everyone making out that Warnock is a crap player is going overboard because we can't dare question Mr Houllier.

Warnock is a good player.

Left back was a real dodgy area for us last season

Always thought he was crap at Blackburn(and i watched them a lot as my flat mate at the time was a Blackburn fan). We signed him and i wasn't impressed with the price, but for the first 6 months proved me wrong and played very well. Since then he has been awful. Last season he was week in, week out he was the worst player on the pitch, in a team doing shite.

The post above accuses Houllier of cutting his nose off to spite his face, yet Young, Clark, Barker AND Delph were all better than Warnock at left back last season. I think a lot of people have questioned Houllier on many things, but have seen Warnock be shite for 18 months, including the last 6 months of MONs reign.

We were playing the likes of Clark, Baker and even Fabian Delph at left-back ahead of Warnock

and i think all 3 did better than Warnock had.

matty phillips a blackpool reserve player tore him to shreds at VP

We were playing the likes of Clark, Baker and even Fabian Delph at left-back ahead of Warnock

and i think all 3 did better than Warnock had.

matty phillips a blackpool reserve player tore him to shreds at VP

Indeed i have never seen a full back get so routinely rinsed in 22 years of watching football. They either did him on the inside or outside, or he just dived in and they got past or he have away a foul.

Shit player all in all.

Â