Stephen Warnock

KSV

Quite happy to see Warnock stick around personally.

Yes he's been a bit of a nobber in the past, but i'll quite happily say that he showed far more commitment at the end of last season than the likes of fan favourites such as Gabby and Albrighton.

He really wore his heart on his sleeve during that game where he was asked to play CM.

So? He may be committed but that's half of his problem. Doesn't change the fact that he's a shit defender and a complete liability.

Yes he's been a bit of a nobber in the past, but i'll quite happily say that he showed far more commitment at the end of last season than the likes of fan favourites such as Gabby and Albrighton.

He really wore his heart on his sleeve during that game where he was asked to play CM.

So? He may be committed but that's half of his problem. Doesn't change the fact that he's a shit defender and a complete liability.

I'm not saying he's ideal by any stretch, but he's not the first player I'd look to be replacing out of the first team squad.

Collins has gone, if we can get rid of Hutton and possibly Dunne, then I wouldnt be unhappy with Lambert's work.

We can't realistically expect him to replace an entire team in 1 summer, because let's face it, given the choice we'd all pretty much replace everyone with the possible exceptions of Bent and Ireland.

I'm not saying he's ideal by any stretch, but he's not the first player I'd look to be replacing out of the first team squad.

Collins has gone, if we can get rid of Hutton and possibly Dunne, then I wouldnt be unhappy with Lambert's work.

We can't realistically expect him to replace an entire team in 1 summer, because let's face it, given the choice we'd all pretty much replace everyone with the possible exceptions of Bent and Ireland.

Actually, of all the players to ship out he'd be at the very top of the list, especially given that the only other left-back we have at the club is Stephens. He's a dreadful player and absolutely cannot be our main left-back next season.

I won't hold it against Lambert if he can't get rid of him though.

sure if that's all you're worried about, why not let VT members line up for us? You'd see lots of commitment then

the guy is a mule and a massive risk when he's on the pitch. who cares if he's committed - he's not good enough to be in our team

sure if that's all you're worried about, why not let VT members line up for us? You'd see lots of commitment then

the guy is a mule and a massive risk when he's on the pitch. who cares if he's committed - he's not good enough to be in our team

I do agree that he's not good enough to get us where we want to be, but I just think there are others more deserving of the boot.

If we can get rid and replace with better, then fair enough. But IF (if!) we're down to our last few pounds then I think the money would be better spend replacing Hutton, Delph and possibly Dunne.

getting rid of hutton and collins is good for me. Dunne and Warnock will leave next summer and fine, if we don't have the resources this window for a full turn around, I hope he can recover his better form under Lambert.

He's a dreadful player and absolutely cannot be our main left-back next season.

I won't hold it against Lambert if he can't get rid of him though.

This.

I will hold it against him if he doesn't buy another LB though in time for the new season; come West Ham (one that will be in the first team so Warnock is benched but I'd prefer it if he got sold and we got rid)

I agree with you Shillzz, towards the end of the season he started to play much better. If it's true that he's willing to see out his last year, and we can't find any takers for his supposed 45k p/w wages, then I don't mind us sticking with him for one final season.

When he was playing central midfield last year, I joked with my mates that McLeish had found his cheap Stan replacement. He did play pretty well, if not spectacular, in CM.

I just hope he doesn't score too many headed own goals this season!

I do agree that he's not good enough to get us where we want to be, but I just think there are others more deserving of the boot.

If we can get rid and replace with better, then fair enough. But IF (if!) we're down to our last few pounds then I think the money would be better spend replacing Hutton, Delph and possibly Dunne.

I'm struggling to think of who is more deserving of the boot than him to be honest. Our back 4 last season were all poor but I'd say both him and Hutton were the worst. At least at RB we have Lowton, Lichaj and Herd though. We don't have that at LB.

Warnock was a complete liability at times and I find is very hard to believe that anyone could be as bad as he was at left back that we have in our current squad, his own goal attempts and passes to the opposition were unbelievable at time and you would have thought he had taken a bung he was that bad.

He was pretty decent from the couple of games I watched. I wouldn't be sad to see him go but I do think he gets a bit more stick than is deserved. I don't think he was all together that much more worse than some other players last season.

I certainly don't believe he scores own goals on purpose like I saw one particular poster ridiculously suggest a while back.

I could imagine a few teams being interested him, Fulham, Wigan etc maybe in England and abroad but I wonder if we'd get more than 1.5m for him?

Would you be happy with that? I think I would.

Â