Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

What would show signs of damage first?

Imagine you're at the back of Tandys and Ronnie Corbett's adjudicating another catalogue bash off. 

Yellow pages or a laminated Argos catalogue?

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

What would show signs of damage first?

Imagine you're at the back of Tandys and Ronnie Corbett's adjudicating another catalogue bash off. 

Yellow pages or a laminated Argos catalogue?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

giphy.gif

You heard. Bill Oddie.

Bill Oddie's in one of your multiple sheds carefully stacking pot noodles.

He's found Denise Van Outen behind some KP nuts.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

He's found Denise Van Outen behind some KP nuts.

Kevin Pietersen? 

• Haha 1

So was at a friend's party last night quite a few couples there. We got in the conversation with a friend about if you can love your step children (not that I have any myself) like your own? She has 2 kids 11 and 14, boys,  and he has one a 9 year old boy, both by previous relationships

The conversation got a bit emotional, as one other guy admitted he would treat the step kids as he treats his, but there will never be that bond, that love, as with your own, like 99, an your own 100. Now I kinda agreed, as did many that it was a very reasonable answer. Her partner (the one with the one child) agreed also. Well this is when it got a bit moody, as she was saying she didn't realise he felt that way and they should all be loved the same, which I thought was a bit harsh, I just replied to help him out,  "I guess its complex situation". After that we sat out of the conversation. I know they ended up leaving early because of it, aa she was unhappy and didn't obviously didn't realise he felt that way. 

Now I know there may be a few on this forum with step kids, or opinions on this, so I just wondered, is he right to feel this way?

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would say he's pretty **** stupid to say it in front of his partner. 

I guess he could have lied. 

I can't imagine loving anyones kids like my own, but then I'm not in that situation.

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I can't imagine loving anyones kids like my own, but then I'm not in that situation.

Same, I guess. But then there are grandchildren. Some of my DNA, but not my direct offspring. I love them unreservedly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would say he's pretty **** stupid to say it in front of his partner. 

Thats the biggest mistake. He just have just said "of course" and never mentioned it again! :)

As @foreveryoung says, it is complex. From what age the child was when you got involved, whether their biological Dad was on the scene and various other factors. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thats the biggest mistake. He just have just said "of course" and never mentioned it again! :)

As @foreveryoung says, it is complex. From what age the child was when you got involved, whether their biological Dad was on the scene and various other factors. 

I've got 2 friends who effectively brought up their partners children and acted as father from a young age. 

They were both gutted when the relationship ended and the children were effectively removed from their lives. 

Only one of them now has their own children and I've never asked if he cares more for them than the lad from his old relationship.   I'm guessing that the answer would be yes, although time may have dampened that.  I guess if that child had been a constant to this day he may well feel as strongly. 

• Like 1

Having recently watched one love. It got me thinking, how would those people  who fear being misgendered react to a rastafari, whose use the phrase I and I which means everyone exists as I people, if they use the wrong pronoun.

44 minutes ago, colhint said:

Having recently watched one love. It got me thinking, how would those people  who fear being misgendered react to a rastafari, whose use the phrase I and I which means everyone exists as I people, if they use the wrong pronoun.

The posh people were ahead of the game, with their obsession with using 'one'. 

• Haha 1

Watching Hunted on Channel 4 - They (the Po) 'hacked' one of the lads FB Messenger account in the first 12 or so hours of them going on the run. 

Is that legal and is that real? I thought hacking something like that using brute force was a BIG job, and also, don't understand the ethics behind it (granted, it is a TV show, so it might be ramped up).

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Watching Hunted on Channel 4 - They (the Po) 'hacked' one of the lads FB Messenger account in the first 12 or so hours of them going on the run. 

Is that legal and is that real? I thought hacking something like that using brute force was a BIG job, and also, don't understand the ethics behind it (granted, it is a TV show, so it might be ramped up).

That show is absolutely not real. It's nonsense

• Like 2

Hunted isn't 'real' as in it's a straight game where what is shown is what happened and nothing is artificial, but everything is meant to be done within the realms of reality. Hacking a Facebook account I think might be pushing it, but if we assume the series gives the hunters the full extent of any power the police might have you can probably justify their hacking a social media account.

We quite like the series but it's hilarious how bad people are at it, and how much the show sometimes has to pull it's punches to let people have a chance of winning. Like, you're going on the run for a month, with limited cash, and at some point you're going to given an instruction to get to a specific place at a specific time to 'win' - you probably shouldn't go home, use a phone, especially to call close family, go anywhere near a big city or use a major train line, or contact anyone within your direct circle of friends and family. But all they do it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Hunted isn't 'real' as in it's a straight game where what is shown is what happened and nothing is artificial, but everything is meant to be done within the realms of reality. Hacking a Facebook account I think might be pushing it, but if we assume the series gives the hunters the full extent of any power the police might have you can probably justify their hacking a social media account.

We quite like the series but it's hilarious how bad people are at it, and how much the show sometimes has to pull it's punches to let people have a chance of winning. Like, you're going on the run for a month, with limited cash, and at some point you're going to given an instruction to get to a specific place at a specific time to 'win' - you probably shouldn't go home, use a phone, especially to call close family, go anywhere near a big city or use a major train line, or contact anyone within your direct circle of friends and family. But all they do it.

Part of the rules is that they do actually make contact with home. 

Only watched the first two series. 

I often think about the people who won the first series of Hunted, watching subsequent series where the winners had up to £100k as a prize.

Does Cole Palmer not realise how **** ugly he is?

Brrr, you may feel cold, but so will whatever woman's snatch you find yourself lucky to be bearing down on, you slack jawed, foot faced, rancid cretin.

Great player though.

• Haha 4

Â