Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Dosn't everyone have a whole shed just to store their empty electrical item boxes in?

No good. Cardboard goes damp. You build a shed to move more robust items out of the Garage and Loft so you have room for the boxes there. 

#SHEDTIPSWITHSIDCOW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a modern man, I do my own laundry. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is that whatever pair of trousers go in to the washing machine, every single time they come out with one leg inside out. What kind of black magic is going on in there?

What do I do with all my old cd's, dvd's, videos and minidiscs(you heard!)?

I can access all of these collections digitally so they just take up space in the attic

I cant bear to tip them into a skip, am far too lazy to try to sell them at like 5p a pop, and am uncertain that local charity shop would even want them as a donation

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I can access all of these collections digitally so they just take up space in the attic

I cant bear to tip them into a skip, am far too lazy to try to sell them at like 5p a pop, and am uncertain that local charity shop would even want them as a donation

Yep, definitely this. If anyone has any good ideas, I'd very much appreciate it :) 

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Yep same, with the exception of the mini disks.

I secured my hoard of DVDs a stay of execution by having my parents grant them access to their loft along with all my childhood action figures thta I couldn't bear to throw either.

I would imagine a local record shop would take the CDs (assuming you’re not bothered about receiving any cash).

There’s always CeX, I think as long as the DVDs have their cases, I believe they will take them.

A local library might want either the CDs/DVDs.

Don’t know about the rest of the items.

2 hours ago, choffer said:

As a modern man, I do my own laundry. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is that whatever pair of trousers go in to the washing machine, every single time they come out with one leg inside out. What kind of black magic is going on in there?

This.

My wife takes her clobber off and leaves it inside out, whereas I take mine off correctly.

When I get the stuff out of the machine her stuff is still inside out but mine is too.

Actually it’s pretty annoying.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Stick them on eBay as job lots of 25 or 50. Someone will buy them.

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Car boot sale? 

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I’ll be interested in Rock/Metal CDs if you have any!

Just seen the term "gengenpress" in the main forum.

What in the name of **** is that???

59 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If only there was a tool on the internet you could use for searching out new information :D 

its a German term for counter pressing or the way Liverpool play under Klopp

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If only there was a tool on the internet you could use for searching out new information :D 

its a German term for counter pressing or the way Liverpool play under Klopp

Glad I never looked, Klippitty word removed

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Its the German version of the Corby trouser press. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â