Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

@T-Dog

So because I have absolutely nothing better to do other than work (yuk) I've ran the following 10 years worth of Rumbles.

Some scary numbers in there and over a third of 1995 field are now deceased.  Even 2000 trumps 1993's total.

Year      Deaths
1994 7
1995 11
1996 5
1997 6
1998 3
1999 7
2000 7
2001 3
2002 3
2003 4

My next task is to find the most recent Rumble with all 30 participants still alive.

Jesus there's some mad numbers in there - how tragic

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But I think the general lifestyle of being an on the road wrestler which led to heavy recreational drug use, non recreational drug addiction (eg painkillers) and drinking, plus the mental health issues and, maybe most importantly, head injuries are what led to more wrestler deaths than steroids

Oh yeah, definitely a lot of cocaine use, it tends to go hand in hand with steroids - After all, lager makes you fat, cocaine doesn't (until cokebloat phase but that takes a loooong time). Everyone I know who's used 'roids or test is a frequent cocaine user.

15 hours ago, Xela said:

A pal of mine went to the boxing once... massive queues for the mens toilets. Not for the urinals, everyone waiting for a cubicle! 

"A pal?"  It was you wasn't it!

• Haha 1

I'd like to go and see Brian Cox's tour, but at £55 a ticket (plus ticketmaster "extras") it doesn't seem worth it. 

Anyone else been?  

I can't imagine why its so expensive! 

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd like to go and see Brian Cox's tour, but at £55 a ticket (plus ticketmaster "extras") it doesn't seem worth it. 

Anyone else been?  

He's a word removed, so don't bother. The nice guy image is all an act

49 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Anyone else been?  

I've seen him twice  

First time was about 5 years all about the formation of the universe , bloke in front of me fell asleep , but  I found it really really fascinating  , even if some of it is a little hard to understand 

second time ( current tour) is around the Horizons TV show  , equally above my tiny  brain cells but still interesting , talks about black holes and various theories that would have seen you in a straight jacket years ago , but now might actually be feasible 

the value of the ticket is down to beholder I guess  , but if you've watched Horizons on TV you might not be gaining anything new 

• Thanks 1

Why the guy in another part of the forum actually switched off the Villa-Ajax game when we scored the third?

spacer.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anthony said:

I wonder if people could choose what plane to fly on, would anyone choose Boeing? 

Depends, is the alternative Tupolev?

On 06/03/2024 at 21:09, T-Dog said:

What is the percentage of direct free kicks scored in professional football? I feel like it's dropped a lot over the last few year but I've no idea if that's true or not.

It's pretty low. Not sure on an individual kick but I saw a stat before when Ward-Prowse scored two against us that scoring two direct free kicks in a game happens about 1 in every 4000 fixtures, or roughly once every 5 seasons.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

There must be an edge of space

The Karman Line is generally accepted as the boundary.

100km above sea level.

spacer.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Anthony said:

I wonder if people could choose what plane to fly on, would anyone choose Boeing? 

Long as it’s not being flown by a depressed pilot with a death wish , I’m fairly relaxed about flying any make of plane .

Ive flown a few in my time that definitely would struggle to get an air worthy certificate in Europe  … but I’ll be honest when I flew on a Ilyushin Il-62 , there was a collective sigh of relief once the plane touched down , it was making noises that you really don’t want to hear a plane make at 30,000 feet ! 

Why Radio Caroline are so **** obsessed with the bastard Beatles .

Had it on for an hour and we’ve had one Beatles track, one McCartney track and now a Lennon.

Yes I know, I can change station, and usually do.

58 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Long as it’s not being flown by a depressed pilot with a death wish , I’m fairly relaxed about flying any make of plane .

Ive flown a few in my time that definitely would struggle to get an air worthy certificate in Europe  … but I’ll be honest when I flew on a Ilyushin Il-62 , there was a collective sigh of relief once the plane touched down , it was making noises that you really don’t want to hear a plane make at 30,000 feet ! 

I once flew on a Bulgarian state carrier (just after the collapse of the Bloc), I don't know the exact model but it was Russian (obv), you could literally see the rivets in the plane and some of them were definitely rotating.

The aircrew just kept us plied with enough alcohol so it didn't matter (I particularly remember something they described as Red Champagne :D ), free cigarettes even (make it hazy so they cant see the rivets) and yes we hit turbulence too.

That was nothing compared to the taxi drivers in the resort. I was convinced the Bulgarians had a secret plot to dominate the World Rally Championships and Borovets was the training school :crylaugh: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

I once flew on a Bulgarian state carrier (just after the collapse of the Bloc), I don't know the exact model but it was Russian (obv), you could literally see the rivets in the plane and some of them were definitely rotating.

The aircrew just kept us plied with enough alcohol so it didn't matter (I particularly remember something they described as Red Champagne :D ), free cigarettes even (make it hazy so they cant see the rivets) and yes we hit turbulence too.

That was nothing compared to the taxi drivers in the resort. I was convinced the Bulgarians had a secret plot to dominate the World Rally Championships and Borovets was the training school :crylaugh: 

Similar experience in Borovets, and this would be less than 20 years ago, long after the the collapse of the block. Taxi driver literally driving up against the snow drifts at the side of the road in order to slow down, and tail gating cars while blasting the horns on roads that seem pure ice. 

• Haha 1

Â