Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

56 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I hope not, I prefer an naturel.

But whatever the case I'd still dhutwu

Apparently she is thinking man’s Totty?  never really got that myself

45 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Apparently she is thinking man’s Totty?  never really got that myself

Of course she's the thinking man's totty.

I'm thinking "I wonder if she does rimjobs" pretty regularly.

• Haha 4

I have an aversion to Carol Vorderman mainly due to my Dad’s insistence on me reading her National Curriculum maths books for key stage whatever.

I never got the sex appeal of her either. I can only assume her being good with numbers combined with being moderately attractive made her an “acceptable” sex symbol. Someone the mrs would approve of, instead of, I don’t know, Louise Nurding for instance.

Her constant appearance in the “rear of the year” award seems to confirm that. Almost like the people running it felt like she added a bit of credibility to the proceedings - “No we can’t choose Denise Van Outen, the rear of the year awards needs to remain high brow, we need Carol to bring the necessary gravitas.....”.

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm convinced I met him in Amsterdam about 15 years ago.

I can't remember why I suddenly thought that, but I asked him and he never replied and then disappeared from VT

Maybe he's having difficulty pronouncing the  safe word and is still chained up

05ceb6be5357ea8c1aa4c66c6f92649e.jpg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

What's happened to the Daily Star?

Eq68VeVXAAAnDuq.thumb.jpg.a251f007dfa44db23ab87755e0890940.jpg

I don’t see the daily star in the wild but look at the front pages on the BBC, The Daily Star has been a vocal and consistent critic of Johnson/Raab/Hancock et al for a while if their front pages are anything to go by. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Were they previously proud to hate animals?

I'm not sure, but as @Seat68 says, they seem to be sharply critical of the government these days.

In a time when the media owners are backing Brexit Boris for enabling them to continue to avoid tax, it's a strange turn of events.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've been re-watching Band Of Brothers and it got me wondering how long I'd have lasted in WWII and if I did get to the end, how many people I'd have killed along the way.

Does how long you last partly depend on when you start?

If you join on day 1, that’s a lot of years of concentrating on not getting killed.

If you join long after the start, you’re the newbie against all the old hands.

There must be a sweet spot I guess where you pitch in ‘just right’ on the timing, get the tasks that don’t make you cannon fodder, have the luck of a good leader and the personal luck not to be the guy a metre away that got shot.

After that, I guess there’s general fitness and some sort of undefinable survival instinct above and beyond just running away.

I guess very few of us know until we are pitched in to the middle of it. I’m perfectly happy not to know.

Most of us would kill very few people I’d imagine. If you are a basic foot soldier, apparently there is a lot of ‘aiming high’ that goes on. To really kill lots of people I think you need to be about a kilometre up in the air or sat in a dark room in a different country.

Soon it will all be satellites, drones and Boston Dynamics packs of killer dogs. Then all we have to worry about is whether the tory party can organise making more of them than the China Communist Party can.

Sleep well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

My Great Uncle landed in France 2 days after D- Day. Within hours of arriving they were hit by artillery fire and he woke up with shrapnel wounds on the way back to England. 

He recovered and rejoined his unit as they were crossing the Rhine. Within hours of arriving they were hit by artillery fire and he woke up with shrapnel wounds on the way back to England. 

His war record is :

Two countries invaded.....no French seen.......no Germans seen.......no shots fired in anger.....war hero. 

But if that shrapnel had have been inches higher he'd have been dead. 

But those 2 wounds probably saved his life.  

Its like a pissed town in Scotland

Spoiler

PotLuckery

• Like 1

When Mrs T is on her phone to one of our friends or relatives and I am trying to get her to remind them of something, she waves her hand as if to shoo me away with the face that says (cant you see I'm talking). Then when she rings off she asks me what I wanted to say   FFS

• Like 1

When I was born (along time ago) Moms stayed in hospital for about a week and babies were taken to an area to sleep and brought back to the moms to be fed later

My mom was given the wrong baby and complained that this isn't my Robert, The other mom was found and had fed me without even noticing and were swapped back

I wonder if my mom hadn't realised, who would I be now?, would I have been brought up in a wealthy family?, and would I still be a Villa fan or posting this on a rival site 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

When I was born (along time ago) Moms stayed in hospital for about a week and babies were taken to an area to sleep and brought back to the moms to be fed later

My mom was given the wrong baby and complained that this isn't my Robert, The other mom was found and had fed me without even noticing and were swapped back

I wonder if my mom hadn't realised, who would I be now?, would I have been brought up in a wealthy family?, and would I still be a Villa fan or posting this on a rival site 

What if you mum was wrong and you are actually with the wealthy family?

• Thanks 1

Â