Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

5 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

When I was born (along time ago) Moms stayed in hospital for about a week and babies were taken to an area to sleep and brought back to the moms to be fed later

My mom was given the wrong baby and complained that this isn't my Robert, The other mom was found and had fed me without even noticing and were swapped back

I wonder if my mom hadn't realised, who would I be now?, would I have been brought up in a wealthy family?, and would I still be a Villa fan or posting this on a rival site 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

What if you mum was wrong and you are actually with the wealthy family?

Are you saying I might not be me and that I am actually the other child ?

• Haha 2

When you look at football videos from the 70's and 80's, when someone scores a goal, they'd sort of hop up in place and throw their hand up or do a upper cut move with their arm. At some point goal scorers started to run, often toward the corner flag or to the stands, with both arms up. My question is, if you were to pick a year what year did this shift happen? And what explains it?

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

When you look at football videos from the 70's and 80's, when someone scores a goal, they'd sort of hop up in place and throw their hand up or do a upper cut move with their arm. At some point goal scorers started to run, often toward the corner flag or to the stands, with both arms up. My question is, if you were to pick a year what year did this shift happen? And what explains it?

Have a look at Mike Channon and his celebrations 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

merion-hanks-td-dance.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Obviously will not be the first instance of a jubilant celebration, but I vividly remember watching match of the day and seeing Klinsmann’s dive after scoring the winner on his debut for Spurs when they beat Wednesday 4-3, opening day of the season. 

That won’t answer your question, but for me it was probably the first time I can remember there being almost a knowing retort in celebrating a goal. Like a “statement” celebration making the headlines. I can remember kids copying that the next time they played down the park.

• Like 2

Lee Sharpe at Man Utd always sticks in my mind for celebrating goals. Probably 92 or 93? 

Always thought he'd play for us one day. 

On 10/01/2021 at 07:44, Robtaylor200 said:

When I was born (along time ago) Moms stayed in hospital for about a week and babies were taken to an area to sleep and brought back to the moms to be fed later

My mom was given the wrong baby and complained that this isn't my Robert, The other mom was found and had fed me without even noticing and were swapped back

I wonder if my mom hadn't realised, who would I be now?, would I have been brought up in a wealthy family?, and would I still be a Villa fan or posting this on a rival site 

I mean, hours old and you were already suckling at a woman’s teet who wasn’t your Mother. My hat goes off to you.

carry on teacher GIF

16 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I've wondered why I've seen more military activity in the skies these past few months over  Cambridgeshire than I did living at RAF Akrotiri for 2 and half years.

But do you get the daft o'clock in the morning U2* din?

*no, not the annoying fella, the spy plane

Â