Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What are all those fake news stories for and why do they have such similar themes. 

Woman was thrown out of X because of her bikini or top. 

X regret throwing girl out when they see who her father is. 

Man discovers mystery door in house. 

I understand it's just click bait but why the exact same generic stories for years. 

Wait until you see what X looks like today - it will shock you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Why people bother to check threads/posts from weeks or months ago. Every now and then I get a like on a post from yonks ago. I'll go back a few days or maybe a week but don't think I could manage more than that. 

Some threads, like “your favourite Xmas song” might only be 5 or 6 pages, so I’d possibly be inclined to start from page one and if I see something that I feel warrants it, I’ll like the post accordingly.

If you’re receiving likes or responses to posts from months ago in the popular threads, (piss you off that shouldn’t thread, the general chat thread....) that’s a bit more proactive and thorough on the poster’s part. But it could just be that they’re catching up, we have this “unread replies” notice, so that might be playing it’s part.

This post started out more interesting in my head when I started it and now as I approach the end I find myself growing weary of it.  

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Some threads, like “your favourite Xmas song” might only be 5 or 6 pages, so I’d possibly be inclined to start from page one and if I see something that I feel warrants it, I’ll like the post accordingly.

If you’re receiving likes or responses to posts from months ago in the popular threads, (piss you off that shouldn’t thread, the general chat thread....) that’s a bit more proactive and thorough on the poster’s part. But it could just be that they’re catching up, we have this “unread replies” notice, so that might be playing it’s part.

This post started out more interesting in my head when I started it and now as I approach the end I find myself growing weary of it.  

It's the popular threads, I'm just amazed anyone has the time or interest to go back and read posts from months ago that are buried 20 or 30 odd pages back. I'll look at unread replies but unless it's 4 or 5 pages max I'll skip to the end. Maybe I'm just impatient. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

It's the popular threads, I'm just amazed anyone has the time or interest to go back and read posts from months ago that are buried 20 or 30 odd pages back. I'll look at unread replies but unless it's 4 or 5 pages max I'll skip to the end. Maybe I'm just impatient. 

Unless it's the SIFF World Cup thread. That has to be read from start to finish. VT OT at it's surreal finest. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Why people bother to check threads/posts from weeks or months ago. Every now and then I get a like on a post from yonks ago. I'll go back a few days or maybe a week but don't think I could manage more than that. 

Thanks for all the random likes on old posts I've suddenly got in the last day. 

Because that might be the point at which they were last in that thread so they were brought straight there when they clicked it. It won't always be that they navigated backwards.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Why aren't triceratops better represented in the jurassic Park films? 

They're a top tier Dino and other than the sick one in film 1 they've barely got a mention 

That popped in to my head around 3am this morning as I was struggling to sleep

That's my kind of 3am thought 😂 I guess all the scenes of them standing around eating grass didn't make the cut. A good battle scene shouldn't have been much to ask for though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're a top tier Dino and other than the sick one in film 1 they've barely got a mention 

They get full representation across the Land Before Time series. They can’t have the dino monopoly. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's my kind of 3am thought 😂 I guess all the scenes of them standing around eating grass didn't make the cut. A good battle scene shouldn't have been much to ask for though. 

Exactly! When I was a kid Dino books almost always had a triceratops fending off a T-Rex looking bad ass

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The annoying Greenpeacey Vince Vaughn character lets one out of its cage in the camp in The Lost World and it destroys a few tents from what I remember.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're just a big rhino

Much prefer a Stegosaurus or Dimetrodon

Â